[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you go /out/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 13

File: hei.gif (971KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hei.gif
971KB, 500x500px
I go /out/ because it allows me to escape from all the pressures of life,even if it's only for a few hours.
>>
File: 1496327661168.jpg (705KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496327661168.jpg
705KB, 1080x1080px
>>1036142
Because it's relaxing and I enjoy it. It makes me feel good.
>>
File: 20140824_181259 low q double.jpg (267KB, 1222x816px) Image search: [Google]
20140824_181259 low q double.jpg
267KB, 1222x816px
>>1036142
30% relaxing 30% i hate people and social events so i a go out alone 20% sports 20% other hobbies like woodworking foraging, listening to audiobooks, fighting of crippling depression.
>>
File: IMG_4619.jpg (37KB, 449x617px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4619.jpg
37KB, 449x617px
I have to go out because of reasons.
>>
>>1036157
>listening to audiobooks

Sounds comfy as hell,what you listening to?
>>
>>1036142
Because tasty things live there.
>>
File: lit top 100 2016.jpg (3MB, 1820x4352px) Image search: [Google]
lit top 100 2016.jpg
3MB, 1820x4352px
>>1036160
many different ones as i use it as a way to expand my horizon. but i rotate them a bit. Classic books (The Master and Margarita) . drama thriller (the swarm, blackout) Educational podcast, or lit. biographys ( norgay tenzing). or documentary stuff (Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies and Why)

on short walks its podcasts like hardcore history, planet money etc.
often i just google good books and look what has high rated audio versions.

and yeah it's comfy as fuck. best tip go out when the weather is bad. when you walk in a snowstorm and listen to stories about Amundsen its just so much better. have a break and watch the rain torment the land. seek shelter in the underbrush. you walk a bit stop and wonder, listen and relax like david attenborough narrates the world around you. you eat a bit of jerky and drink some hot coco from the thermos as you get slowly soaked by the rain. then you the way home i stop at my gym or a public bath and warm up with some sauna and a few laps in the pool.

i know its a bit cringy but i works for me,
>>
Because if you go far enough, there is nobody around. Silence is bliss.
>>
File: DSC_5408-L.jpg (61KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5408-L.jpg
61KB, 800x534px
>>1036142
>Why do you go /out/?

Exercise. Fucking desk/lab job all week. Snowmo and moto keeps me in breddy gud shape through the year.

Challenge. While i'm a decent rider, there's always something I can work on, skills I can improve, or lap times I can shorten.

Exploration. Especially on snow, there's so many places I can go and things I can see. "Let's see if we can get to the top of that mountain. Through those trees."
Even places I know and ride often, there's always a different route I can take to get somewhere.

With the motorcycle being plated, I can go just about anywhere I want - highway to singletrack. Gives me a lot of freedom.

>>1036157
>listening to audiobooks
I've got a USB drive full of them for winter driving. So much nicer than pandora (which drops out once you leave cell service) or satellite radio (fucking 3-hour playlists you hear over and over and over, just as bad as broadcast radio anymore, only with worse ads.)

>>1036183
>Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies and Why
mah nigga ... still one of my favorites.
>>
>>1036142
Everytime I go out I pretend I will never come back.
>>
>>1036146
Your picture made me feel good :)
>>
File: CRW_0026.jpg (252KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CRW_0026.jpg
252KB, 750x1000px
/out/ came along right at the right time to save me. In short, my whole life fell-through and I essentially lost my job and home at the same time at the end of 2012, and had to move "back home" with nothing. "Back home" is a rural woodsy area, and in the state I was in all I wanted to do was spend time in the woods camping and whatnot. This board came along right at that time and everything took a new turn for me. I started planning outings, both alone and with friends, getting better gear to enjoy myself, taking photos of my adventures, etc.

I just really really needed to get away and going outdoors was the only option at the time. And the fact this board launched right at that time had a huge effect in encouraging me.
>>
>>1036142
I want to go /out/ but I live on an island, the entire place is just turf and overgrown spruce forests, there are roads 10 min from any point, telephone and power masts everywhere

I feel silly sitting by myself listening to planes and cars and kids shouting and not at all detached from the stress of society...

I don't know what to do anymore help
>>
File: Basho.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Basho.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>1036142
Gives me perspective. It's sort of like hitting the refresh button on existence. You realize society and culture are just weird human things that have gotten out of hand.
>>
File: Quotefancy-1158195-3840x2160.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Quotefancy-1158195-3840x2160.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
To see the unity in nature. The modern/industrial world is filled with conflict. In nature everything serves another aspect of nature.
>>
File: alex jones thumbs up.gif (2MB, 177x210px) Image search: [Google]
alex jones thumbs up.gif
2MB, 177x210px
>>1036527
goddam I feel this. Nature saved my life.
>>
>>1036183
I just listen to Carl Sagan and look at the stars and fall asleep
>>
File: thelightinside.jpg (66KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
thelightinside.jpg
66KB, 600x800px
Reposting from a similar thread

I've realized that most of my fears and anxieties have to do with other people. When I get out into the woods alone all of that just washes away. My problems become irrelevant because it's only me. I turn into a child again, making noises at birds, stopping to look at mushrooms, and just allowing a sense of unpretentious wonder to overtake me. Without the presence of other people to observe me I get to simply be in an unconscious and secure way. It's the only relief I can find. The hard part isn't getting up the mountain, the hard part is working up the courage to go back down into the world.
>>
>>1036142
Venison and trout.
>>
>>1037285
>the hard part is working up the courage to go back down into the world.

I know that feel. On my way back I always get a knot in my stomach.
>>
>>1036142
I like to chop and cut wood with expensive tools and watch it burn.
>>
>>1036142
Kind of in the same boat. Let's me escape from the judgement of others for a little while. I get social'd out and honestly meet too many scumbags or people that are just loud, obnoxious, and don't mesh well with that I need to take a break from dealing with them to preserve my sanity. Thing I hate the most about being out is probably all the things out for my blood that end up on me.

Sadly I don't get to go out too far, stuck in nyc without a car. Best out destination I've been to so far is Beacon. I'm open to suggestions. Somewhere where I can practice slinging and open air archery without someone calling the cops.
>>
>>1036142

I partially go out for my own enjoyment, I also go out for my job. I make knives for a living, it helps when you can show off what your stuff can do, the abuse it can take, so Id go out and film all the crap you can do with it, upload it to youtube. I stopped making videos, stopped taking new orders, cause I am like seven months behind with back orders.

Better get back to it.
>>
File: Art (94).jpg (486KB, 1800x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Art (94).jpg
486KB, 1800x1140px
because I'm looking for adventure
>>
>>1036142
Because work won't do itself. I live on a farm so during the year, there's stuff to plant, wood to be chopped, trees to be cut down and logs brought back home, there's the harvests, the grass needs to be cut, dad always has some kind of project he's working on...
And I like to walk around in the woods every once in a while when not working, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1036142

It started out for me with adventure. I loved getting out and experiencing the wild, running around wildly, really getting a 'mystical' feeling from it all. Started doing a lot of psychedelics in the woods, that lead me to a much deeper bond to the wilderness and nature.

Quite the opposite of the hippy I used to be, but now the reason I get /out/ is for the challenge and isolation. I love the physical and mental challenges you can be thrown into out there, walking through the deeps woods alone. Keeps me away from society, clears my mind, lets me get in touch with my primitive side - I love being able to look at the mountains in the horizon, seeing those peaks towering over me and knowing I've climbed from the bottom to the top. It's a really great mental boost to me, helps me push onward and take on greater projects in my every day life.

Trail Running and hiking are also very important to me now more than ever since I've quit smoking cigarettes. I can go further and smell more than I used to be able to, and that knowledge of going further / higher / longer etc. keeps me from picking up the habit again. Smoked since I was 11, I'm 25 now, for a bit of context on why it's so important to me.
>>
I just love traversing unknown areas. New towns I knwo nothing about, new paths through the forest with randomized nature, people I have never known and probably never will. And when I exhaust one zone I start exploring another one near my town, and the others are still there if I want to re visit them.

best hobby by the way
>>
>>1036142
It puts me in a state of serenity unlike any other activity and it helps me with my solitude.
>>
>>1036843
Where u at?
>>
>>1036142
I got laid off from a well paying job in a major city. Couldn't find another one with the same "prestige" and it got me badly in the personal pride. I felt I should go somewhere out of the sight for a while. I sold my apartment and moved back to the countryside where I came from.

At first it was a hell to move back to the countryside. I couldn't grasp on anything. Luckily I was taught to hunt and fish and identify edible berries, herbs and mushrooms when I was a kid, only had forgotten almost all of it at the time of moving back. But a step by step it all came back to me. It helped that things were found there where they were when I was a kid. The animals were on the same fields and woods, the fishing spot was unchanged. The apple trees, berry bushes, mushrooms and herbs grew in the same places. Nothing had changed except me.

I have been now unemployed from a formal work for 5 years. I'm won't go back to work for a corporation in the city anymore. I only feel lucky I had this place to return to.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.