[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yosemite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: tenaya68.jpg (299KB, 1200x524px) Image search: [Google]
tenaya68.jpg
299KB, 1200x524px
Going to Yosemite this weekend for the first time. Planning on hiking the north rim. Any of you guys have any recommendations for spots to check out?
>>
you're aware 120 is closed past crane flat?
>>
>>1033991
I thought that got reopened about a month ago.
>>
>>1034164
glacier point road along the south rim opened last month. 120 will probably be closed for at least another 2 weeks.
>https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/index.htm
>>
>>1033991
Yea. Google maps has shown it as closed for awhile. Sucks.
>>
>>1033896
Find Alex Honnold, sluck his cock.
>>
>>1034232
This
>>1033896
be prepared to not do anything in the valley tourists everywhere. i've also got a friend working there say hey if you see him
>>
>>1034894
I don't plan on going into the valley. But ill look down on it from the top.
>>
File: el cap winter.jpg (1MB, 1286x1714px) Image search: [Google]
el cap winter.jpg
1MB, 1286x1714px
>>1034913
terrible decision, unless you've been before or you KNOW you're coming back. just deal with the crowds one day. it's worth it. show up by 8, bring your own food, and you'll have no problem.

source: i've been to yosemite 30+ times in the last 6 years and i still do the tourist loop at least once a year.
>>
>>1034924
How much time do you think you need for a satisfying time in the valley? Ive only got one full day there and im doing an all day hike that day. I know its not ideal but planning this trip was weird.
>>
>>1034928
maybe an hour, if you're efficient? 3 top stops imo are
>bridalveil falls
>sentinel meadow (view of half dome)/lower yosemite falls
>base of el cap
those three stops will get you fantastic views of all the valley, and each is only maybe a 1/2 mile loop from parking. first two have obvious trails (and the accompanying number of people). base of el cap is a bit more subtle and difficult to follow, but rarely visited by nonclimbers.
>>
>>1034934
If its only an hour or two i totally think i can fit that in one day. Alright. Ill try and do that. Thanks.
>>
>>1034934
Oh also. What time do the tourists start filling up the park?
>>
>>1034944
0930-1000hrs is when the influx starts.
>>
File: sd view.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
sd view.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>>1034942
>>1034944
less than 2 hours for sure. and like i said, get in before 8 and you should be able to get around just fine. there will still be a lot people there, but you'll be moving before most of the campers or people coming in from groveland or further. you mostly have to beat the tour buses.
>>
>>1034948
Thanks alot anon. 4chan was actually cool today thanks to you
>>
File: 280134_31282_XL.jpg (175KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
280134_31282_XL.jpg
175KB, 1024x768px
>>1034953
yeah, i think i used up that quota. i gotta go find a redundant axe thread or something to yell at somebody for being a faggot now. lol.

but you're welcome. have fun.
>>
>>1033896
I went for the first time exactly one month ago
All I can say is if you go into the valley for a hike or whatever, start really fucking early.
I started the Nevada Fall hike at 7am almost completely alone save for about 6-8 people I passed along the way. I came back down and must have passed at least 400 people going up who don't realize that you shouldn't stand in the middle of the trail in large groups.

If glacier point road was open then, I would have done those hikes, so check that out.
>>
>>1034934
I think you're the guy who gave me some advice a while ago. I went to the base of el cap on your suggestion, not often you stand at the base of a 3000 foot granite monolith, was neato and like 10 minutes off the road.
>>
>>1035802
probably. glad you thought it was cool. and now's the time to go see it, while no one else goes there. i honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a real trail put in to it within the next 5 years.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.