[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Utah

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: zion.jpg (219KB, 1000x1025px) Image search: [Google]
zion.jpg
219KB, 1000x1025px
What is there to do in Zion? Give me the /out/ stuff of course, but also what else?
>>
watch out for white legs
>>
>>1033714
Zion is so full of tourists I wouldn't bother
Go someplace else
>>
>>1033714

If you want to get away from the tourists, go to the Kolob Canyons section in the far north end of the park. This section, which is rich in red rock, is quite different from the southern end of the park. Other than out stuff, what do you really expect to do in a national park? There are a lot of slot canyons in Zion, but unless you really know what you are doing, don't venture into them.
>>
>>1033714

Convert to Mormonism anon
>>
>>1033750
Fuck this guy.

Yeah, it's crawling with tourists but it's also quite beautiful and has some amazing hikes. Do Angels Landing and walk up the Narrows at the very least. Spend 45 minutes in the Narrows and you'll have surpassed 90% of the other visitors.
>>
>>1033714
climb hidden valley canyon
or hidden canyon, i forget what its called exactly. go past the trail end and keep climbing, you'll see cairns so people do go passed
i did and it was awesome. i was alone though and didnt bring enough water. I was fine but bring extra water
>>
File: goodmorning.jpg (234KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
goodmorning.jpg
234KB, 2560x1080px
>>1033731
>>1033773
>>1033855
>>1033867
>>1033981

Thanks my dudes, this is exactly what I was looking for. I could be moving there for work, and I reaaaaally would love to live there and survive the apocalypse in some caves.
>>
>>1033714
I grew up in Utah, I'd say overall Utah has the best assortment of parks and outdoor layout. You have the moab desert, you have bryce canyon, you have the arches, you have the salt marches and lake, you have the alpine regions up the wasatch with clear mountain streams and lakes.

That being said, yes zions is touristy, but it's because it is a fucking gorgeous place to go. Just be smart, do what you would do before going to any other place and find a forum dedicated to zions national park specifically.
>>
File: Gooseberry.jpg (404KB, 1400x906px) Image search: [Google]
Gooseberry.jpg
404KB, 1400x906px
Just outside of Zion behind Virgin is a mesa called Gooseberry mesa. It doesn't have the Zion feel, but no one is up there and it's a great place to mountain bike and camp. Favorite place in Utah.
>>
OP
try to just have fun
then kick yourself for not going in Febuary-March
>>
i live near Zion it is getting close to the hot time
100+. Zion is so overrated go to canyon lands or arches. I am going to camp in Escalante in July to see the cosmic ashtray
>>
What's the least popular time to go to Zion? I hate people.
>>
winter time is the least people.. but get there before 8:00 or the line to the park is never ending. and no parking .. i drive truck for a rental company and always dread going to the park in the semi
>>
File: jeepyj.jpg (791KB, 1834x2211px) Image search: [Google]
jeepyj.jpg
791KB, 1834x2211px
>>1035981
I live in south Texas. It's 90s-100+F at sea level, daily for most of the year family.

>>1035789
Like I said I'm going for work and because I'm a fan of national parks. Mostly I just want to see the place I've already experienced in the Honest Hearts DLC.

t. re-enlisted in the Army to be stationed near D.C. because of Fallout 3. I don't make the best career decisions, probably.

>>1035138
Moab would also be radical. Pic related is my project vehicle, would be nice to drive some easy trails.
>>
File: 1496572537473.jpg (33KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
1496572537473.jpg
33KB, 596x628px
>>1033731
I fucking died
>>
I went river hiking, that was pretty nice. The beginning was pretty crowded, but like all hikes, the farther you go, the less people you will see.
>>
>>1035369
is there any rattlesnakes or deadly spiders to watch out for?
If I camped out on the ground in a tent, would it be safe from rattlesnake intruders?
>>
>>1037291
Stay inside you homo
>>
>>1037291
I sleep outside in a cot up there all the time, even out on the slickrock. There are snakes around, but they won't bother you, especially not at night. You can see the stars really well down there, too.
>>
I went in February during in the middle of the week. It was 65F during the day. Did Angels Landing, the narrows and a few other short hikes. It was great and so few people. On the whole angels landing hike I saw maybe 20 people up and back.
>>
>>1033714
I met someone yesterday who said thathes going to utah to hunt cayote this weeken. Not only doesnt he needa lisense but gets paid 50 a head.
>>
to get the $50 you have to show proof scalp or pelt (with both ears attached) and the lower jaw (at least the front two-thirds of the jaw) + online training
>>
>>1036359
I feel you. I was just in Nevada recently, and pulled off the highway to eat.
Saw a sign that said 'Welcome to Goodsprings,' and I had a chuckle. I had totally forgotten that Goodsprings, Primm, and Nipton were actually places.
>>
>>1034107
Start hikes early at 6am

Starts to get congested with tourists at noon
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.