[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any skiers on /out/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 14968815397322014466635.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
14968815397322014466635.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Found this stuff on the street. Any idea what they are worth? I'm new to this hobby and saw these and figured I should grab them. Do they look in okay condition ?
>>
File: 14968815740671294494034.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
14968815740671294494034.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>
File: 14968816129151510703130.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
14968816129151510703130.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
They seem pretty scratched up but I think they will work?
>>
Those are ancient skinny skis. Drop them off at goodwill.
Even last year's models with 15 days of skiing on them will go for half price.
>>
Sure they'll work assuming there's nothing wrong with the bindings, but they're ancient and worthless.
>>
>>1033498
These are from the 90's or earlier. Don't try to use them, and no one will buy them to use to ski
>>
Give it back Tyrone
>>
Those kind of skis last for ever and they will work just fine
>>
>>1033851
Skifag reporting. They'll work for an experienced skier, with a million turns under his/her belt ("work" being the operative word), but those old skis will present a very steep learning curve for the beginner. That person would need professional lessons. Once you try modern skis you'll want to throw OP's into the dumpster.
>>
>>1033498
did you steal these anon
>>
>>1033909
not even shane fucking mcconkey could ski big mountain powder effectively on <70cm waisted skies. i bet you're the type of fucking jong to complain about ungroomed runs, fuck off grandpa
>>
>>1033498
That shit was middlin' thirty years ago.
Also girls skis.
>>
>>1034962
Actually I watched my brother-in-law come off a jump on Telemark skis of old (leather boots and skinny XC skis with edges) execute A 360, and stick the landing perfectly. This was about 30 years ago at Alta in Utah. Now he's a Tele ski instructor at A-Basin, Colorado. I watched a guy cruise down Scorpion in Sun Valley, Idaho on 2x4s with bindings a few years ago. On the last days of the season, people do goofy stuff, like two people on one set of skis, two bindings on each one. Both have to work together or end up in a heap. Sun Valley is 3363' vertical, relentless and steep. It has turned out a few Olympians.

I'm not that good, learned to ski late in life, but now I only ski ungroomed runs. I never bother sharpening my skis, soft, wide, and short for cruising around in powder and crud. My skis don't even work very well on the groomers, even if they're sharp.

I ain't a grandpa yet, unless the kids aren't telling me something.

And of course Shane McConkey couldn't ski on skinny boards, seeing as how he died in 2009. He was born in 1969, though (I was 12), so he learned on skinny skis, for sure. We all learned on skinny skis, kiddo. You young'uns are spoiled with the gear they sell now.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.