[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me save this baby tree's life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Pic 2.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
Pic 2.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Today I had to dig up this baby oak tree that was growing between my hedges and in the process I had to cut away 95% of its roots. I couldn't remove the roots because it was in very rocky soil and its roots were intertwined with the rocks everywhere.

I want to rehabilitate the tree so that later on when there's a nice root ball I can transplant it in the backyard.

Right now I have it in a bucket filled with 50% Miracle Grow potting soil/50% native soil with holes drilled in the bottom for drainage, sitting inside a bigger bucket. I have never tried to keep a tree indoors before. Does anyone have tips, other than being vigilant about keeping it moist? Its life is hanging by a thread, HALP!
>>
>>1033479
trim it back if you want to save it the few roots it does have aren't going to be able to support all those leaves.
>>
>>1033573
Thanks. Also, bump.
>>
Kill it with fire.
>>
>>1033479
Honestly, if you had to remove 95% of the roots then your best bet will be to take cuttings and try to start the tree off again.

Cut off the tips, make them roughly 9 inches long. Trim off 70% of the leaves starting from the cut site, going up. If you have seaweed fertilizer then dip the cut ends in that and then dip them in honey. If not, just dip/coat them in honey (To a little less than the height of your pot).

Put potting/seed raising mix in a pot, poke a hole in it with a screwdriver/pencil and wiggle it to open it up some. Place the cutting down into the hole and gently tamp the soil down around the cutting.

Water it in. If you missed out on the seaweed fertilizer, then get some next time you're in town. Or some rooting hormone. The soil needs to stay damp until the cuttings strike.

As a bonus, if you cut off heaps of tips for cuttings then that header trunk might survive. Not likely though. Things already drooping pretty hard.
>>
Root hormone powder, ask the garden center, dip the whole root ball in it and also sprinkle in the hole you intend to plant it in. It'll grow the roots back very quickly.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.