[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PANTS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

File: 1496647320529.jpg (579KB, 1080x868px) Image search: [Google]
1496647320529.jpg
579KB, 1080x868px
I'm always ruining my jeans when I go /out/ and I'm poor right now so I can't afford a good pair of jeans.

I need something cheap and durable when I go /out/. Like 20-30 bucks

What are your recommendations?
>>
>>1033427
Something other than jeans.
>>
>>1033427
Honestly if you're hard on money just go to Walmart and get the dinky Rustler brand jeans, you can get 4 or 5 pairs of comfy jeans for $40
Obviously you get what you pay for so they likely won't last long but it's a solid short term solution
If anything they have the Wranglers for like $20-30
>>
>>1033427
Propper makes really good stuff for a decent price. You can always find surplus BDU/DCUs for dirt cheap online too.
>>
>>1033434

Link?
>>
>>1033427
>pic
>wearing a belt
>wearing 2 belts

I bet he has back problems.
>>
>>1033427
>I'm always ruining my jeans

Try not ruining your jeans then. The problem seems to be you, not the jeans.
>>
>>1033427
Helikon or Condor bdu are pretty good
>>
>>1033427
Why are you wearing jeans when you go /out/, anyway?

They chafe, take ages to dry and lose all warmth when wet.

Seriously, don't wear jeans hiking.
>>
>>1033752
>everyone lives in the same climate as me
>>
>>1033752
>not running in 10lb forest fire boots and heavy blue jeans
To each his own
>>
>>1033760
Dude, you know denim is cotton, right?

It's a genuinely terrible thing to wear hiking, regardless of climate.
>>
File: FIREMANFIREMANRUNASFASTASYOUCAN.jpg (72KB, 640x546px) Image search: [Google]
FIREMANFIREMANRUNASFASTASYOUCAN.jpg
72KB, 640x546px
>>1033762
You gotta call him "babylegs" and then say something like
>hurrr durr I run 12 miles in 30 minutes! WHAT I'm not lying it's tottaly fine reasonable to run 10 miles in 50 minutes! Out posters are out of shape. Why wouldn't anyone be able to run 8 miles in an hour?
>>
>>1033427
Thrift shops if you need to wear jeans while out? You could also try scoring some synthetic pants while you're there and giving them a go.
>>
>>1033767
What material is good to wear besides cotton that isn't polyester? That shit always smells terribly.
>>
>>1034087
This should have been the first reply.

I've scored so many good /out/ clothes for less than $15.
>>
File: Welcome_To_Out.png (743KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome_To_Out.png
743KB, 720x576px
>>1034206
I mean if you go to a thrift shop, you could pick up some light wool dress pants that might suit your needs (or heavy wool for winter). You can also get blends of shit. Poly-cotton blend or poly-wool blend shit is popular because it's a nice intermediate between the two extremes. Just go and poke around, see if something feels nice and seems like it'll last.

Tbh dude, when I was a bike messenger I went through pants all the time. Esp. in winter with the salt and extra layers. I ended up opting for tights and shorts year round. Tights because they keep you warm, you can vary the thickness, and they're super action oriented. Shorts so you have pockets, can wear a belt/clip stuff to belt without it rubbing on your sides & not having your man ass hanging out in public.

Or you could just wear a penis gourd. This is my 24/7 new method.
>>
>>1034216
+1 for the gourd lord!
>>
>>1033427
LA Police Urban Ops Tactical Pants. Seems to be a good option. /out/ needs to give the dude a real answer.
>>
>>1033767
Cotton is god in semi arid enviroment.
It protects you from the sun and saves your sweat so it helps to stay fresh.
>>
prana stretch zion. you can find them on sale for $70. you get what you pay for
>>
Has anyone here tried outlier? I just had a pair for 2 years and was able to resell it for $130 on eBay.
>>
>>1034347
This. If it's not cold and wet don't listen to the (((wool cartel))).
>>
>>1034085
It warms my heart every time someone posts my artwork.

Thank you anon.
>>
File: Curly.jpg (44KB, 510x702px) Image search: [Google]
Curly.jpg
44KB, 510x702px
>>1034445
Schpanx for makin it anon! Here, have a penis gourd. Everyone on /out/ seems into them lately. Keep up the good work!
>>
>>1034352
I have two pairs and love them. My only complaint is that they run long. I haven't had them altered though as it's kinda nice that they'll stay on top of my boots while scrambling.
>>
>>1033427
Denim is shit for hiking or anything in the woods activities.
>>
>>1033427
im a minimalist with one pair of firehose pants.
>>
>>1037324
I just quickly googled those. Are they the duthuluth trading ones? Gimme a quick rundown of them- do they last?
>>
>>1034206
For warm weather you have nyco or regular nylon (either plain or ripstop). For cold weather you have polyco and wool/wool blend.

There is nothing wrong with cotton in arid environments.
>>
>>1037323
Denim is great for forestry work and hunting due to its high abrasion and puncture resistance compared to most other fabrics.

There's a reason 99.99% of brush pants are made with cotton twill or denim.
>>
File: pantsu.jpg (11KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pantsu.jpg
11KB, 500x500px
>>1033427
Best /out/ pants I've ever owned are a plain old pair of Magellan synthetic pants. They've worked well for me in all seasons.
>>
>>1033437
https://www.keepshooting.com/black-bdu-pants.html
https://www.keepshooting.com/olive-drab-bdu-pants.html
Kommandostore has some too.
>>
>>1033427
Most comfortable pants I've ever worn were U.S surplus BDU pants.
>>
>>1037430
Agree with that. for work purposes.
But for hiking, backpacking, general outdoor adventure, the weight, bulky thickness and lack of flexibility, stretch-ability, cotton denim is too much.
I worked in the woods for 10+ years and wore heavy logger/forester style cotton/denim work jeans. They are good for that.
But when going inna woods for more recreational activities. I never wear that shit
>>
>>1038589
can relate to this. Had some old surplus military pants I think they were the M65 model?
they are pretty awesome.
the way they are designed they are comfy, pretty rugged, but not to thick or heavy and still allow for full range of motion without restricting leg movements
>>
File: IMG_20160901_185716 - Copy.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160901_185716 - Copy.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>1033427
military surplus. i bought 3 sets of these "uniforms" for $50. covers everything, too.

just gotta deal with the edgelord stigma
>>
>>1038739
Flecktarn looks really dope. Where'd you find that deal? Do you have any surplus site recommendos?
>>
>>1038739
p.s. if the material is similar to their flecktarn parka, you can dye it to really good effect. That's only if people get annoying enough about that edgelord shit, I think it looks great as is.
>>
>>1033427
thrift store
>>
>>1038739
This is nice if you're playing soldier with your autistic buddies. It's not the kind of outfit to hike in normie trails with qt gals that you're trying to meet.
>>
>>1038785
>>1038786
Local Milsurplus store. Had a box (5 for $50). Haggled him down to 3 pants and 3 jackets for $50.

Also, more info on dying flecktarn bls.

>>1038811
>It's not the kind of outfit to hike in normie trails with qt gals
As I mentioned, just gotta deal with the edgelord stigma. The jacket itself isn't too bad (seen a lot of preps wear it over TNA). Otherwise, buy jeans in bulk off some designers. I have a pair on that I've literally worn for the past 3 years innawoods, mudding, mechanic shit and they've only NOW started wearing at the crotch area. Then just toss them in the back of your car / home for emergency pants if you ever accidentally get soaked by a bog or something.

$20 each if you buy 3 of them at A&F on sale. Did that 3 years ago and just ruined a pair now. 2 left.

>inb4 normies get out
>ree
>>
>>1033427

Just go to a goodwill, thrift store, or any other 2nd hand place and buy jeans. 20 bucks can get you a few pairs.
>>
Bdus, can't recommend them enough. Go to an army surplus store and pick up a a pair of U.S. marine bdu pants for $10-$20. Plus they have 6 pockets that can hold anything.
>>
>>1038811
The trick is to only wear one at a time. Jacket + jeans is a good look, same with t-shirt and pants
>>
Wrangler Men's Performance Outdoor Pant 15 to 20 bucks, Stretchy Wrangler Men's

Straight Fit
Side Zip Cargo Pocket
94% Nylon 6% Spandex
Water Repellent
Mesh Pockets
L-shaped Pockets
One Year Guarantee

You will not be disappointed.....these are the Mora of outdoor pants!
>>
Walmart pants?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-Men-s-Performance-Outdoor-Pant/53174928#about-item
>>
>>1033427
Wrangled Wal-Mart 10 bucks. I wear the for construction but yea maybe you don't need light jeans. Wal-Mart also has cheap arse hunting camo pants that are light but, wear a belt because the button seams tacky and they have an extra one stapled to it
>>
>>1039095
Sry rustlers not wrangler
>>
>>1033427
I got Dickeys Carpenter (i think) pants from walmart in that price range. They're tough but not heavy. One pair got me through my field camps which included some of the roughest and sharpest rock slopes I had ever seen (geology student)
>>
>>1039086
Are they high-rise?
>>
I found that I losing a bit of weight and wearing clothing that actually fits me helped a lot with the crotch blow-out situations I was getting into.
>>
File: 1497240794551.gif (2MB, 383x204px) Image search: [Google]
1497240794551.gif
2MB, 383x204px
>>1034345

>tfw cousin ruined mine when she tried to stab me.
Those pants were fucking amazing for the price, Ccomfy af too. OP should really consider trying one out.
>>
>>1039594
I wish she had succeeded.
>>
>>1033427

Buy a pair of bibs, any brand but carhart.

I get 1-2 seasons out of mine and I can guarantee I am harder on pants than anyone else on /out/ If bibs aren't your thing and you have a rural king in your area I highly recommend their "real work" brand gusseted jeans. I don't usually work in them but I've had a couple pairs for well over 5 years and they are still in awesome shape.
>>
>>1039086
>the Mora of outdoor pants
dis tbqh
>>
dickies dungarees
25 dollars, come in multiple colors, and last a good while

gotta be dungarees, though. the carpenter pants are uncomfortable and more stiff.
>>
la police gear
30$
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.