[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello people of /out/ I feel like I have a pretty good set up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1200px-Electric_stove.jpg (122KB, 1200x858px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Electric_stove.jpg
122KB, 1200x858px
Hello people of /out/

I feel like I have a pretty good set up right now. I have a hubbahubba nx tent, osprey 70L pack, thermarest xtherm and a down quilt, my camp set up weighs in at just over 6 lbs...I'm pretty content with it.

I'm looking into buying a stove/pots and dishwear.
What does /out/ use for pots and stoves? Is it smart to use something like a pocketrocket that barely has any room to hold onto a pot? Is it the most ideal to carry one pot only to save on weight/space?
>>
TOAKS titanium pot, nestling inside an Alpkits titanium cup.

Inside that, two folding sporks, my white box alcohol stoves (weighs an oz), and a 2ft length of tinfoil folded up to use as a wind shield.

Only issue with alcohol stoves are lack of flame control (impossible to simmer things) and that it can be sometimes be hard to start when very cold (need to warm up alcohol)

If I were not concerned with weight I would go for an MSR multifuel stove.
>>
>>1033154
The question is...alcohol, wood, or gas canister?

What are people's experience with alcohol stoves?
>>
Why is the whisperlite so big?
>>
What are you planning on cooking negro?
>>
>>1034275
I want something that can cook anything from prepared meals to small game meat. not op here
>>
>>1034386
Cast iron for the win. Bring some extra Teflon pans so you can also do spaghetti and a portable oven for baking breads and cakes, maybe a battery operated spit for the piglets
>>
>>1033154
There are many parameters which impacts this choice, also your personal preferences come to play.

You'll need to make a choice of a burner (or lack of) and the type of pots/pans.

To start with, what are you going to eat? Will you be alone or with someone, or a group?

If you are going to eat freeze dried and make coffee/tea you just need to boil water.

If you are going to cook something more elaborate, you need maybe some more pans. Also, maybe bigger pans, if it'll be two persons.

Next up, the actual heat source. Where are you going to make food?

If in a hiking cabin/cottage/laavu/sheltered place, gas generally works fine.

If high up in the mountains or in deep freeze winter, gas won't work very well after a certain point so get a multifuel/alcohol stove. Otherwise if you aren't doing extreme stuff, just go for gas.

With a wind-shielded efficient burner and upside down gas bottle (with a tube) you can boil your water/melt snow in -10 C easily. More so if you pre-heat the gas bottle inside your jacket/sleeping bag, also you can use a winter mix (higher % of propane in the propane-butane mix).

Wow, now you say, Putin was right, gas is king!

But wait. Are you planning on going around the planet for your /out? Alcohol, kerosene, gasoline are more widely available than gas bottles. In that case a multifuel burner is best.

Does it have to be this technical? Well, are you always able to make fires wherever you want to? Do you want to? Is there a lack of constant forest fire warnings (meaning don't make fire you dumb shit)? Can you find wood/fuel for the fires? If so, then you don't need any kind of burner, just use what the /out gives you as the fuel for your heat source.
>>
>>1034501
Cast iron...the solution to all my problems
>>
File: Scramble Cart.png (215KB, 588x614px) Image search: [Google]
Scramble Cart.png
215KB, 588x614px
>>1033154
you know if you used a game cart, you could take that big conventional stove with you camping. All you need is a propane tank and the adapter for the stove to use propane.
>>
>>1037153
It really is, if you are camping in Germany you can use it to bong the rapefugee banging your gf. Or if you enjoy watching then bong yourself with it.
>>
>>1033154
Stanley meme pot.
Gsi cup/pot
Jet stove.
4 Oz gas can if trip is short enough.

All nests together perfectly.

Also an enamel mug for coffee and tea so I don't make my food taste weird.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.