[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gardening/Self-Sufficiency Infographics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (71KB, 601x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 601x427px
I'm building a personal collection of Infographics to circulate within a small group of like-minded friends who are interested in getting started with self-sufficiency. I'll post some examples I have found but I'm looking for as much information as possible that is relatively easy to understand. My friends aren't exactly the brightest crayons in the box. ;)
>>
File: image.jpg (958KB, 770x5634px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
958KB, 770x5634px
>>1031967
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 698x3414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 698x3414px
>>1031967
>>1031969
>>
File: image.jpg (257KB, 1110x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257KB, 1110x800px
>>1031967
>>1031969
>>1031971
>>
File: image.jpg (308KB, 800x753px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308KB, 800x753px
>>1031967
>>1031969
>>1031971
>>1031975

Water Catch systems, alternative power sources, alternative cooking/food preservation methods are all things I'm looking for. Along with anything else you guys deem important enough to mention.
>>
File: image.jpg (746KB, 900x2793px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
746KB, 900x2793px
>>1031967
>>1031969
>>1031971
>>1031975
>>1031980
Also, shelter construction would also be useful. They are not smart, but have lots of muscle. I plan to harness them to survive the impending apocalypse. Lol
>>
Just a reminder that organic has never been proven to be healthier in any way.
Not one time.
Ever.
>>
>>1032003
+1 Shekel
>>
>>1031990
4u
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Most of it is lure fishing, but there are some good infographs on how to rig live bait for freshwater.
>>
>>1032011
A veritable treasure trove. Thank you, sir. :)
>>
>>1032003
good goy
>>
>>1032003
Yeah because eating imazalil with your lemon zest is so healthy for you.
>>
>>1032003
This
There are some conflicting meta-analyses published
The data is not there that proves organic is healthier
The pic in the op is bullshit
>>1032482
Organic food that you buy at the store isn't only grown with sunshine, rain, and love no matter what the (((organic food industry))) tells you
>>
File: Info_Legend.jpg (80KB, 638x419px) Image search: [Google]
Info_Legend.jpg
80KB, 638x419px
>Another inforgraphic thread
It's that time again, folks! If you're seeing this for the first time then congratulations, today is your lucky day!

I've been collecting infographics, books, videos, and more for the past few years in hopes of making a comprehensive digital library of practical knowledge. I also frequent a bunch of the blue boards and post links to my library in every infographic thread I find in hopes that it may one day help some anon one day.

Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ILpxMxNOBzZGxpNmtQQzBfWlE

Mega:
https://mega.nz/#F!idIVWQba!0U7rggYZADJnUmLk0d9v3g

PLEASE NOTE that the library is meant for the user to drill down to their problem or task at hand, so if you're simply browsing you will find redundancies. Enjoy!

PS - OP, you might want to start in House and Garden before moving on to Survival
>>
>>1032559
The only study I have ever seen is that SOME organic berries have very slightly more lycopene
In years of searching , that is all that has been found
>>
>>1031967
This image reeks of bullshit and is completely unsourced.
>>
>>1032980
http://annals.org/aim/article/1355685/organic-foods-safer-healthier-than-conventional-alternatives-systematic-review
I'm always skeptical of meta-analyses though
>>
File: Cmangel.jpg (179KB, 770x980px) Image search: [Google]
Cmangel.jpg
179KB, 770x980px
>>
>>1033262
No reason to buy organoc
>>
File: ishygrt.jpg (3KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ishygrt.jpg
3KB, 200x200px
>>1031967
Coming from a biologist, the "organic is more nutritious" idea is complete horseshit and that info graphic is garbage.

"Organic food" is a scientifically unfounded term. The best approximation for it's meaning is, "Botanical crops grown on an area of land that has not been treated with synthetically produced fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides."

Anyone with a basic understanding of plant physiology knows that plants do not break down fertilizers, soil microbes and fungi do. So the efficacy of a particular fertilizer source on improving plant growth depends vastly more on your soil chemistry and soil biota than whether the substance was produced in a factory or by an animal. Plants, just like animals, are very particular about their internal chemistry. Just because you put manure and wood ash on your plot instead of a chemical N/P/K mix and lime makes no different to your plant, so long as you apply either properly and have appropriately suited soil biota. A crop will always have the same internal chemistry so long as its chemical and energetic inputs are the same. If they have the same internal chemistry, they contain the same nutrients in the same relative quantities.

The supposed benefits of "organic" foods are actually attributable to improved farming practices used in their production. People growing "organic" are usually much smaller scale farms that can afford to use much more labor intensive methods that promote a healthier pedosphere, AKA soil ecosystem. However, these practices are not limited to only "organic" farming, and as a gardener/small farmer you would more than likely see smaller yields as a complete disuse of modern chemical treatments, rather than smarter usage over indiscriminate spraying, will lead to higher competiotion from weeds and greater losses from pests.

TL;DR - How does no pesticides = dramatically different plant biochemistry if the chemicals don't affect the plants, you dummo. Also >no units of measurement
>>
>>1033675
>promote a healthier pedosphere,
Fuck off back to /b/ pervert
>>
File: NO STRANGEEL CRANE.jpg (164KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
NO STRANGEEL CRANE.jpg
164KB, 1000x800px
>>1033675
>pedosphere
Oh no, my broccoli plant is a child-lover!

But seriously, that makes sense. Is it easy to learn how to encourage healthier soil? Is it worthwhile to even try encouraging better soil for my tiny 4ftx8ft garden?
>>
>>1034054
Not the same anon but we dont know shit about soil microbes.
We only recently discovered fuckloads of dna we did not even know was there.
We only know about shit that thrives in agar agar
>>
>>1033675
>The supposed benefits of "organic" foods are actually attributable to improved farming practices used in their production

Yep. No health benefits for people. The taste may be better in organic stuff, since pesticides and fertilizers tend to cause plants to coarsen up, but the food itself is not healthier.

What organic *does* do is cut down on the sort of overuse of pesticides that lead to pesticide-resistant pests.
>>
>>1033675
It makes sense to post a graphic about organic farming in a self-sufficiency context, because applying synthetic chemicals means buying them from some bigdick mega-agro company, while organic farming can be practiced in a more or less closed loop
>>
Organic is gay
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.