[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insect repellents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 94414084-bug-spray-600x450.jpg (22KB, 740x555px) Image search: [Google]
94414084-bug-spray-600x450.jpg
22KB, 740x555px
No matter which bug sprays I try, there still seem to be a shit ton of mosquitos and flies around me when I'm innawoods. What's the best way to keep them away? Bonus points if you know any easy diy ways so that I don't have to buy a specialized bug spray offline.
>>
>>1031210
I'm wondering the same thing for ticks. Those things are bad out here right now.
>>
>>1031210
Scented dryer sheets in the pockets have always worked well for me. You can rub them on your clothes for extra protection.
>>
>>1031210
http://www.consumerreports.org/products/insect-repellent/ratings-overview/
>>
Take shots of vinegar, applecider viegar is your best option.
It tastes like complete ass and burns all the way down, but it secretes through your pores and keeps bugs away. Also does a ton of good shit for your body, if that's any interest to you.
Take a chasser with it if ya need to.
I live in Florida and it works pretty fucking well
>>
I invest in essential oils, bought lemongrass, cedarwood and citronella to devise a master spray, still working on the concentration level, all those oils keep away ticks, fleas, Mosquitos, black flies, ect. But, honestly- the body oil 'skin so soft' by Avon reigns supreme in keeping away Mosquitos- it's cheaper than buying the oils, and better for your skin than commercial products.
>>
File: deer fly trap.jpg (441KB, 1363x942px) Image search: [Google]
deer fly trap.jpg
441KB, 1363x942px
>>1031210

Mosquitoes you just kind of have to suffer. Smoke helps somewhat with them. They make a kind of coil incense that I use.

Pic related is great for deer flies. Get blue duct tape, tape to hat, paste on this glue called "Tanglefoot" and flies always seem to end up stuck to it instead of biting you. Has to be BLUE though unlike in the pic.
>>
>>1031371
i dont believe this but i will try it.
>>
>>1031210
>>1031214
Buy an Icaridin based spray. It's much safer than DEET, works better against ticks too, Also it doesn't corrode plastic.
>>
Getting more garlic in your diet helps with skeeters. Not sure about ticks though.
>>
bring a person with you like me who is cursed to attract 90% of the mosquitos for reasons unknown
>>
>>1032160
You're right to not believe it, its BS both the bug repellent part and the health benefit part. Yet someone out there has convinced so many people to take straight shots of vinegar, pretty funny imo.
>>
>>1032211
Ah, when everyone is getting swarmed by mosquitoes, sometimes there's that one person who is convinced that no one else is getting bit as bad as they are.
>>
>>1031210
>http://www.consumerreports.org/products/insect-repellent/ratings-overview/
As often as I shill permeation on here Sawyer and the other companies that sell it owe me a check. It's worked great for me in The South at keeping ticks off my delicious skin. Apply to clothes, allow to dry, and enjoy for six weeks or six washings. Give it a shot if you can stand buying the chemical.
>>
>>1031488
Clearly it need not be blue.
>>
>>1032217
Ah, and when no one else around is even aware of the presence of mosquitoes, there is always that person who is getting eaten alive by them. That person is usually me. I am convinced beer drinkers get the worst of it.
>>
Anybody ever use a thermacel? I swear by it.
>>
Blood type - they are attracted to certain types i think more than others. And sweat, try a shower once a while
>>
>>1032592
No, they are attracted to CO2
http://www.webmd.com/allergies/features/are-you-mosquito-magnet#1
>But the process of attraction begins long before the landing. Mosquitoes can smell their dinner from an impressive distance of up to 50 meters, explains Edman. This doesn't bode well for people who emit large quantities of carbon dioxide.

>>1031210
Stop smoking and run every once in a while, fatty.
>>
>>1031210
Even 100% DEET isn't effective. I was in the Everglades in December and bathed in DEET but still got eaten up.
>>
Eat marmite and drink beer

Come back in a week and thank me
>>
>>1032188
Recently I read a test about this, and they found those who ate a lot of garlicnactually attracted more mosquitoes, wish I could find the link to it.
>>
>>1032609
Permetherin works awesome. DEET basically makes it so mosquitos don't "see" you, but permetherin kills them.

Spray it on tour clothes and let dry. You'll see a bug land on your shirt and fall dead instantly. It's crazy.
>>
>>1032661
>but permetherin kills them.
My Dad takes Nitroglycerin for his heart and when mosquitoes bite him they land closeby and keel over.
>>
>>1032658
Weird. My father eats a lot but never has problems. Maybe they just don't like old men with beer bellies kek
>>
Close knitted inner layer, long sleeve shirt, jeans. One of those mosquito net hats. Better than spraying yourself with poison, but you also look like a doofus.
>>
>live in canada
>permethrin is banned

does anyone have any information on using malathion to treat my gear? There is very little information to be found but:
http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/resources/vector357to384.pdf
seems to suggest that a 2% solution would be as safe and effective as a 0.5% permethrin solution.

Why can't I find any information on using malathion as a residual insecticide?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.