[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Metal musicians love going outdoors so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: tmp_31206-fenriz31927963857.jpg (447KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31206-fenriz31927963857.jpg
447KB, 1600x1200px
Why do Metal musicians love going outdoors so much?
>>
>>1030297
Probably 'cause paganism. On a pseudo related note, have you ever noticed that European metalheads are super nice, but north American metalheads are all drug addled sociopaths? The metalhead is one of nature's greatest mysteries.
>>
>>1030299
European metalheads murder their friends
Very nice people eh?
>>
>>1030330
You talking about Varg and Euronymous? I would hardly call them friends. I'm thinking more about modern artists. Amon Amarth, Turisas, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, etc. I dunno, maybe I'm stupid, but they all seem fairly nice to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nTfuUiwvN0
>>
I'd say I'm a nice guy. I'm an American metal musician, and I try to be friendly. But your point about drugs is valid, I used to be addicted to heroin.
>>
>>1030352
Yeah, I'm sure plenty of nice guys exist in the metal scene here, but it seems like you guys put more emphasis on playing some sort of WICKED SHEYTANNICK character instead just being in it for the music itself. I blame Ozzy Osbourne.
>>
>>1030356
Yeah, it kind of sucks that it's in our culture like that. I'm an odinist, and we do mostly songs about our heritage or stories and try to talk about society and such. Most people are just rude fucktards that do meth and hate anyone religious lol.
>>
>>1030370
Sounds neat. What kind of metal? I'm personally a pretty big fan of folk metal, but other forms of the genre don't really do much for me.
>>
>>1030373
Some would call it folk, others would call it "death metal" and my dad thinks it's satanic. If I had to label it anything bit just viking metal, I'd probably have to say it's thrash. I'll be gone for a good while. It was good talking to you. I'll check this thread later.
>>
>>1030330
>varg
>murder
pick one
>>
>>1030377
See ya later, vikingbro.

>>1030381
Technically it was murder. Whether or not it was justified is the debate.
>>
>>1030330
but but but muh muricans!!!

BAD muricans bad!!!!

fucking yurocucks are so obsessed i love it.
>>
>>1030334
It attracts edgy teens. Most of the older ones in the US are nicer
>>
>>1030639
Which is quite ironic, really, considering the US is far more draconic with age-restricted gigs in 21+ bars.
>>
>>1030546
Anything to get our thoughts away from the holy time of ramadan...
>>
Who /ecocore/ here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Lo10wDZEU
>>
A lot of death metal comes out of Florida here in the US. It's not so much that all metalheads are messed up as its ALL people down here in Florida are messed up. If you are basing your thoughts on the concentration of metal down here, I can see why you would come to your conclusion.

I have yet to meet a native Floridian that isn't a criminal or had a run in with police. It's the heat, and the fact that criminals flee to Florida, have criminal kids in criminal environments and the cycle perpetuates.
>>
>>1031489
Why does anybody still live in such a shit state?
>>
>>1031489
>native Floridian that isn't a criminal or had a run in with police

That's actually pretty funny - but a dumb stat to try and keep track of. People get pulled over, people get stopped, people call the cops for parties. Seriously, SoFL aint bad, and we do make some of the best fucking metal, but stop generalizing. It's just stupid.
>>
>>1030297
The connection goes kind of like this.
Metal is associated with rebelling violently against status quo, at least in terms of the "status quo of music." There are parallels in history where various "barbarian" peoples rebelled violently against the status quos of Roman, English, French and other civilizations. Those rebels weren't all the same, some were Germanic, some were Gaulish, but they could generally be defined as "pagans." Pagans are generally associated with nature worship. So many metal musicians are using pagan themes because of their violent/rebelliousness, and to connect with those pagan themes, they connect through nature.
>>
>>1030297
Le Vikings meme
>>
>>1031846
Actually really good post.
>>
>>1031846
This pretty much sums it up. Good post.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>1031846

Id say thats a part of it but perhaps it goes deeper than even that. There is something to be said for not just the melancholy of nature itself but also the melancholy of cold, unforgiving nature. Those Viking Barbarians and Pagans had a deep connection to nature for a reason.

I guess I come from more of a black metal background which is heavier on the nature aspect but if you really listen to the music itself you will sense the connection between it and nature.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
I think there's also a general feel of misanthropy to it too.

I can say that camping and fishing with metal bros has been super fun before in my experience.
>>
>>1030297
Here's a neat video where Fenriz talks about hiking etc.

https://youtu.be/IlFqTUZJnpA
>>
>>1030297
>metal

4chan is an 18+ website.
>>
>>1030759
Kek, you guys do make better metal than us, though. All of our shit (bar a few bands) is edgy liberal pseudo-anarchist tripe
>>
>>1030356
i think black sabbath is a christian band under the facade of satanism
>>
>>1032335
Yeah, I'm sure it's all an act. Not sure if I'd call them Christian, but the Satanism thing is basically LARPing on their part.
>>
>>1032258
What are you waiting for then?
>>
>>1030297
Meme pseuds don't go anywhere, they just pose for promos in ~1 hour by car from their homes
>>
>>1030382
>Guy who hates you threatens to take you in the woods and lure you there and kill you and make a snuff film after he ruined your ideas and campaign and music deliberatly to try to ruin you and profit off your tallent

>go to his house to challenge the pussybitch

>he attacks you and you kill him after he goes for his shotgun

Not murder in the slightest. It has to be that a person of reasonable premeditation has killed another with the intent to do so. Thats not the case here.
>>
>>1032473
Are murder and premeditated murder not different things? I guess definitions change by country, so I wouldn't know how they do things over there. I do tend to believe Varg's side of the story, considering the weapon of choice was a little pocket knife and not something more effective.
>>
Either way, I'm working on the screencap. I genuinely hope OP follows through, but it's a good sp00ky thread regardless.
>>
>>1032489
The heck, I just warped from /x/. Ghosts confirmed?
>>
>>1032477
Not sure how it is in the laws, but how I understand it is Murder is always a crime. As opposed to a selfie defense killing which is a justifiable honicide.

"Murder" usually refers to to a killing done with intent. What Americans call first degree.
Vark went to the guy's house specifically with the intent to kill him.

Or Voluntary Murder.
Varg went to confront him or settle the beef, or was lured there or whatever, and it escalated to Murder.

And Accidental Murder, Involuntary Murder or Manslaughter.
Basically an accident, but usually involves some type of negligence.
Varg accidentally put the knife in him thinking he was a knife block or something like that.
>>
>>1030299
Can't comment on the American metalheads but yeah, metalheads are generally very nice people.
Anecdote: friend used to work at a music venue. She always loved metal-concerts as metalheads were always friendly. Only downside was the copious amounts of beer to be served.
>>
I think black metal especially effect people on a deeper level than regular death and other types of metal. More primal aggression, melancholy etc. Compare it to how vaporwave create this nostalgia for a time that we have not experienced (idyllic 80-90s), similarly vaporwave often have melancholic gloomy melodies. So I guess the music awaken something within us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR1va7wcsiY
>>
>>1032516
Varg's point is that even if he had plans to kill him, which he says he didn't, it vent wrong when euronymous allegedly kicked Varg and ran for a weapon.

In comparison Bård "Faust" Eithun from the band Emperor got 14 years (out after 9 and 4 months) for stabbing a faggot to death.

> According to Eithun, while walking in the Olympic park, "this man approached me – he was obviously drunk and obviously a faggot […] it was obvious that he wanted to have some contact. Then he asked me if we could [...] go up to the woods. So I agreed, because already then I had decided that I wanted to kill him, which was very weird because I'm not like this".[3] Eithun carried a knife because, as he explained: "It's better to have a knife you don't need than to not have one when you need it".[2] Once in the woods, Eithun stabbed Andreassen 37[4] times and then kicked him in the head repeatedly as he lay on the ground.
>>
File: IMG_7323.png (425KB, 1082x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7323.png
425KB, 1082x1136px
>tfw no Icelander metal gf to burn churches, then escape to a cabin and hold an armed standoff against local townspeople with.
>>
>>1032604
That shitstain should have been hung and had his body used for parts.
9 years for murder. What a joke.
I'm mostly liberal, and I support criminal reform, but fuck deliberate murderers. Kill em.
>>
I myself was curious about the correlation between listening to metal and liking to be outside.Id say its due to the primal appeal that metal brings out in people
>>
>>1031846
I don't think there is any proof of that.
But its a comfy narrative than many people can accept.

I don't think metalists are more likely to be outdoors types simply because they are metalist either.

If there is already an answer (metalists go more out), then it's easy to ask a question that leads back to it.

I the reason for this perception may be is because we associate metal with Nordic countries more than any other music.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.