[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Collapsible water bottles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170603_084620.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170603_084620.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Bought this from walmart for $3 to see if I liked the water bags. Took a short hike with it in my pack around my neighborhood and the damn thing leaked! I dont know if I should try to seal it and keep it inside my pack, or strap it to the outside and risk puncturing it.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1030050
Buy a better brand like platypus or vapor bottle.
>>
>>1030050
>the damn thing leaked
yeah well, you did shop at Walmart. Don't cheap out next time, get Evernew or Platypus
>>
>>1030050
or return it and buy a proper one.
>>
>>1030050
Like everyone else is saying, buy a better one.

I really enjoy using them because I can somewhat mold them to fit with the things inside my bag, and after they're empty they fold up nice and small. I don't keep them outside my pack, though. I use them to refill my solid drinking bottle.
>>
>>1030073
Seconded for vapor. Shit stands up yo
>>
>>1030073
>platypus
>better
Those things pop super easy.
>>
File: crushable.jpg (56KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
crushable.jpg
56KB, 1024x769px
>Collapsible water bottles
pic very related
>>
>>1030050
I have yet to find one which does not impart a plastic taste to the water.

If the water tastes like plastic, you are likely drinking plastic softeners.

I would really love to find a model that is food grade safe and has no taste.
>>
>>1032471

They don't really exist. Even without BPA some softener is required to make plastic bendable.
>>
>>1032471
What you need is use with it. Let it completely air dry in between trips. Don't ever let any bit of water sit.

I use a platypus platy bottle 1L that I've had for years. Works great with tap water to start, then I attach my sawyer mini to it. The key is drinking the water from it quickly.

The only time ive noticed a plastic taste is when the water stays in the bottle sealed for more than a couple days.

To help get rid of the plastic taste (along with air drying) freeze lemon water in the bag, then let air-thaw.

Once again, whenever it's not in use, don't put the cap/seal on it. Let it breathe like you do with your cups in your cupboards. Same goes for any container that holds food or water.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.