[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate My Pack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: 48hrpack.png (2MB, 1524x1057px) Image search: [Google]
48hrpack.png
2MB, 1524x1057px
First time posting on /out/.
Here's my first 48hour wild camping pack, Give me some feedback?
This does not include anything carried in my own pockets.
>>
pretty neat OP, going to catch or find food as well? or is the tinned food gonna last you?
Anything in particular you're gonna be doing to keep busy during the nights, like a harmonica or something?
>>
>>1029536
Tinned food should last me, no hunting allowed where I'm going.
Harmonica was a spot on guess, a 'peace-pipe' will likely get passed around and also got some old horse shoes to throw.
>>
>>1029530
Assuming you have enough food, and will not have to filter the water you use along the way..

-No sleeping pad, unless you are going to use the wool blanket as a pad, which is questionable
-No shelter (tent, tarp or hammock), so you are sleeping in someone else's tent, or a pre-provided shelter? Cowboy camping is an option if you are confident of the weather. Use groundsheet as shelter if needed? But no stakes...?
-No rain gear
-No dry clothes to sleep in if worn clothes get wet
-Looks like you a planning to cook over a fire. Going to use the knife to process wood?
-Plastic trash bag would be helpful keeping the tins of the tinned food from messing up the rest of your gear when you pack it back out. Have a can opener if needed, but I think you may be using the pull tab kind.
-No hygiene kit: toilet paper, trowel, hand sanitizer, soap, etc.

I dunno, this seems all over the place, but to each his own.
>>
>>1029530
>Euro
>wild camping
Choose one
>>
>>1029620
Yeah, I should have probably mentioned some of that stuff from the beginning.

I'll be going in a group so some of the stuff you mention is being carried elsewhere such as sanitaries; Shovel, Toilet paper, towel, sanitizer, trash bag.

Familiar dense forest site, excellent rain coverage but groundsheet for shelter tied with paracord and toggles. Wool blanket is fucking huge and can be used for pad and/or additional warmth.

Clothes waterproof enough for the worst of what could be expected, Any fire processing I will be doing will make use of the gloves. All pack contents in their own bags including the mess tins. The food is pull-tab.
>>
Hey cunt, why don't you try posting on the Gear Thread that's already up instead of trying to get Le upboats xD.
Fuck you.
>>
>>1029668
>First time posting on /out/.

Calm down, high blood pressure isn't good for you.
>>
whats the weight
>>
>>1029685
>retarded n00bs get a pass
the fuck they do. if you know how to namefag and greentext you know how to look in the catalog, faggot.
>>
>>1029857
Can't say I'm afraid, I'm terrible when it comes to measuring weight and dont have any scales. Easy enough to pick up with one hand and no bother at all on the back.

>>1029863
I bet you're family love having you around.
>>
>>1029668
>>1029863

And, as you question my competence, I don't see you in >>1024700
Maybe you should check the catalog before being an asshole.
>>
>>1029956
>last post three days ago
I don't scroll that far down otherwise I would've commented the same thing. Also it's a dead thread, no need to call them out
>>
>>1029629
>Hur dur murica is da only place you can /out/
Kys gate keeper.
>>
>>1029959
I want to help you with your anger problem so I revived the thread for you.
Please proceed to sweet release.
>>
>>1029960
List 5 Euro wild camping spots
>>
File: (122).jpg (198KB, 600x888px) Image search: [Google]
(122).jpg
198KB, 600x888px
>>1029960
>gate keeper
>kek

I dont get why Amerifags think no where is worse that them. Hell i'd say Canada is probably before America in 'wild camping'

>pic not related
>>
>>1029668
>>1029959

You come across more of an autist than an /out/doorsman. Chill the fuck out.
>>
>>1029965
List 5 american """wild""" camping spots that isn't full of people like a fucking amusement park
>>
>>1029629
>america
>wilderness
Seriously, man?

When americans go "out" they go on a fucking trail or some national park full of litter and tourists
>>
>>1029668
Chill your autism dude. Hes trying to go /out/ and posts here for the first time
>>
>>1029629
How dumb are you?
>>
>>1030047
>>1030001
He's not that wrong, being 15km away from the nearest road =/= from wilderness, it doesn't mean you're not /out/ though.

t. Euro /out/ist

>but m-muh scandinavia
It's the exception not the rule and even there I doubt you can stay that far away from roads or villages in bumfuck nowhere.
>>
>>1029993
>5

There are hundreds of Alpine lakes near Boise Idaho that you could hike in and camp for a week and never see another person. Heck you could hike three miles outside the city into a herd of elk and not see any people..
>>
>>1029944
my family's not as retarded as you, so i don't have to tell them how retarded they are. and i'm >>>1024708 so suck my cock you pathetic whining piece of human garbage.
>>
>>1030091
Hows that anger-management working out for you?
>>
File: WP_20170603_21_23_34_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170603_21_23_34_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
I am happy I live in Scandinavia.
>>
>>1030333
how's that shutting the fuck up and minding your own fucking business working out for you?
>>
>>1029965
Yorkshire Dales
Dartmoor
Exmoor
Brecon Beacons
Peak district

UK alone, get /out/.
>>
>>1030847
Not very well, clearly.
>>
>>1030921
No fires allowed in Peaks, should have chosen lakes or Snowdonia.
>>
>>1029960
No
western europe is the only place you can't go /out/
>>
>>1030836
>Windows phone

My nigga
>>
>>1029993
99% of the UP in Michigan is uninhabited. About 1/3rd of that is state forest.
Just saying.
>>
>>1029629
>>>1029530 (OP)
>>Euro
>>wild camping
>Choose one
Europe is not a country, you dumb motherfucker. Where I live, I can camp wherever the fuck I want.
>>
>>1030054
>all roads within 15 km of you everywhere in Scandinavia

mfw

Guess again.
>>
>>1031055
I forgot the day going /out/ had a set of requirements to be met before it could be approved by the amerifags who can't seem to get it into their heads that people outside of their shitbox country enjoy themselves without access to all the pristine wilderness the only exists in certain parts of the USA.

You must lie awake at night grinding your teeth with anger knowing that out there loads of people are relaxed and having fun outside with out your approval.
>>
>>1031425
google maps seems to disagree with you though
>>
If that weighs over 25-30lb and has no good suspension system, you're going to be sore as fuck after a hour or two of hiking.

Get a better pack with a suspension system, and put your stuff sack on the bottom. You don't want all the weight on your shoulders.
>>
File: Clansman.jpg (287KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Clansman.jpg
287KB, 1440x1080px
>>1031668
Honestly, with the addition of the Clansman radio frame, this is the comfiest pack I've ever carried and the frame does not add much weight at all, pic related.

I will play with reconfiguring the stuff sack, thanks for the tip(s).
>>
cut off the logo and burn it. Then strap down that mug because it will drive you crazy rattling all day. Finally get bear spray and a plastic bag for trash/food storage
>>
File: kalimantan96068.jpg (297KB, 1440x961px) Image search: [Google]
kalimantan96068.jpg
297KB, 1440x961px
>>1032962

Whoa, why would I want to get rid of the patch!?
Pic oh so related.

I have since added additional plastic bags but will not require bear spray.
>>
Why has nobody mentioned a small and lightweight solar panel to keep your phone topped off?
>>
>>1033650
because they don't work for shit
>>
File: 1475853303016.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1475853303016.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
>>1033650
>>
>>1033650
solar has pretty bad break even point with gram per charge.
a solar charger with a tiny power bank will weight around as much as a 20k mAH powerbank. that will fully charge a phone 5+ times same with a camera. and this doesn't need sunny weather and a good angle to face the sun all the time or good weather, and work 24/7
>>
>>1033650
Because I'm only going for 48 hours max and my phone isn't a piece of junk.
>>
>>1033811
>>1033845

Fair enough 48 hours sure a panel aint needed but for longer periods i cant see anything beating a panel
>>
>>1033650
because where i go i don't get service anyways, and i have a camera for pictures.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.