[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on trees. Can they feel? Do they have souls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: tree.jpg (361KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tree.jpg
361KB, 1600x1200px
Redpill me on trees. Can they feel? Do they have souls?
>>
Yes. Yes.
Redpill me on you. Can you feel? Do you have a soul?
>>
maybe and maybe
>>
>>1029332
No and no.
>>
the "redpill" truth you're looking for is - you and the tree are the same, and the tree is literally a part of you, so when you see a tree dying and you feel sad, the tree is also feeling sad. you and the tree are one.
>>
>>1029359
You smoked too much didn't you?
>>
>>1029359
Evidence required.
>>
>>1029332
Yes, though they don't have nervous systems, plants can precieve changes to themselves and their environment and react to them
No. souls don't exist
>>
File: AP.gif (135KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
AP.gif
135KB, 400x536px
>>1029397
Actually, part of higher plants vascular system works pretty much the same way as neurons in animals.
The phloem is a system of tubes made out of living cells and mainly transports photosynthesis products from the leaves down to bark and roots.
it is the part that you know as inner bark (cambium).
It is also charged with approximately -150mV compared to outside tissue.
If the plant is damaged, the phloem will depolarize and thereby send an electrical signal of the damage to the rest of the plant.
Then it will repolarize and be ready for the next signal.
If you measure and plot it, it looks exactly like an action potential (AP) of a nerve cell. Only the duration is longer (5min until full recovery instead of seconds)

Touch sensitive Mimosas work that way. You touch the tip of a leaf, then a AP is activated and results in all the leaves closing.

Plants also communicate between each over with the help of mycelium networks in the ground and by releasing chemicals into the air.

Therefore: yes plants are capable of "feeling", although it is obviously much different from they way animals perceive their environment.
>>
>>1029490
I actually completely forgot about depolarization of the phloem. It's been quite a while since I read anything on plant physiology; interesting stuff
>>
>>1029490
I hadn't heard this. Define "higher" plants, does it simply mean a seed-bearing plant?
>>
File: Intredasting.jpg (11KB, 246x253px) Image search: [Google]
Intredasting.jpg
11KB, 246x253px
>>1029490
>>
>>1029508
Yeah it is, was in a plant physiology lab for some time, making these measurements

>slice thin layer from main nerve of leave
>fix leave under 500k€ microscope
>apply electrolyte solution
>pierce phloem with glass needle mounted on 3 axis robotic arm
>measure voltage
>burn tip of the leave
>plot depolarization

>>1029509
Higher plants is everything with differentiated organs (leaves, stem, roots)
It excludes things like algae and moos.
>>
>>1029378
all the eastern philosophies show my statement to be true

>>1029387

evolution. all life is originally derived from 1 single cell. also, gamma waves in the brain have been measured in humans when they are acting compassionately and empathetically and also in tibetan buddhist monks while meditating. the reason doing something for someone else and going behind the self while meditating is that when you are doing something for someone else you literally are doing it for yourself, because the idea of "self" is an illusion.
>>
>>1029332
A tree is just a big plant. It has as much of a soul as a blade of grass or a bush.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.