[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever used a public barbecue grill at a park before?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

Have you ever used a public barbecue grill at a park before?

I've walked past them numerous times and they're always filthy with black charred remains of whatever has been cooked on it caked all over the grill bars.

Who would ever use one of these? They seem so unsanitary, you'd get sick eating food that has been prepared on one of these.

Maybe I'm all wrong about it. Do you meticulously clean a public barbecue grill before cooking on it?
>>
you scrape the stuff off as best you can and the fire does the rest

that IS the point of cooking food...to kill bacteria.
>>
>>1028435
>Who would ever use one of these?
North American Pavement Apes
>>
File: Aluminum_Foil_Ball_insert.jpg (45KB, 277x212px) Image search: [Google]
Aluminum_Foil_Ball_insert.jpg
45KB, 277x212px
It depends how pedantic you wanna be about it but here's a good process for this sorta thing:
• Wire brush
• Spray with oil (pam, etc) and sprinkle with salt
• Polish the salt/oil mixture with crumpled up foil
• Wash with water/rag
• Getcher fire started

The same thing works great for crusted 'n rusted cast iron skillets and other cookware
>>
>>1028448
>Polish the salt/oil mixture with crumpled up foil

enjoy your Alzheimer
>>
>>1028451
I will anon thanks. And if I end-up with two I'll share one :3
>>
you stick a cut-in-half onion on there and move it up and down (when the fires going)
>>
>>1028435
>Who would ever use one of these?
Beaners and niggers.
>>
>>1028435
Have you never cooked on a fire? You put the frypan/wok/billy/pot on the grill. Or if you have something with a skin e.g. fish, kumara, meat wrapped in tinfoil, you can put it straight on the grill and peel it off after you've cooked it.
>>
>>1028448
Photos please I have to see this
>>
>>1028475
check it out here:
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/5-home-remedies-to-remove-rust-140463

and watch this vidya here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0pJsgmM6Mo

I couldn't find the video I seen with the salt/oil/foil all in one but that's what i do
>>
>>1028451
>Alzheimer
btw this has been debunked or at least moved to no conclusive prove. It has been suspected because the brain plaque contains.

also aluminum oxide (the only one you will come in contact with from non food sources like pans, foil). is really stable, chemically inert.
>>
>>1028435
>Have you ever used a public barbecue grill at a park before?
Depends on what you mean by """used""". When I was a kid me and my mates used to piss and shit on them and then cook it into a stinky pastey mess.

Would I use a public bbq to cook on?
Fuck no.
>>
>>1028477
No I want photos of the grill and the food cooked on it.
>>
https://youtu.be/wHnlKzGbqZc
>>
>>1028493
>>1028496
>>
>>1028485
>playing with your shit and piss at any age
>>
>>1028472
>You put the frypan/wok/billy/pot on the grill.
Other faggot here. Not the worst idea.
>>
File: gotoutside.jpg (78KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
gotoutside.jpg
78KB, 430x430px
>>1028496
You don't have photos because you can't do it you retard. No matter how clean you get the grill it's going to turn black straight away over an open fire. Also the foods going to get covered in soot and ash.

>>1028485
I often piss on my fire to put it out then cook on it the next day.

I can't believe the retardation on this thread. How do you normally cook on an open fire? This should be so obvious. I have cooked for days on public bbqs, they're fucking great. When there's no public fireplace I just build my own but most campsites have them already made.
>>
>>1028522
what are you even talking about m80. it doesn't matter if it turns black or if there's soot and ash. the point is just to clean off the mystery scum before you start.
>>
>>1028435
Yes, our local council takes care of our parks and keeps them maintained. Used to work with them and we'd go out to do that kind of thing.
>>
>>1028522
>No matter how clean you get the grill it's going to turn black straight away over an open fire. Also the foods going to get covered in soot and ash.

Are you an idiot? Also, if you are cooking correctly there won't be soot and ash in the first place.
>>
>>1028522

Have you ever used a grill before?

All grills are going to look charred and black because they get hot and cook food. You heat them up and brush them off. This is true regardless of whether it is at a park or it is a gas grill at your home.
>>
>>1028435
I swear I've seen this exact thread at least twice before.
>>
>>1029413
you haven't seen fucking shit
>>
File: what did out just read.png (100KB, 778x778px) Image search: [Google]
what did out just read.png
100KB, 778x778px
>>1029430
Are you sure? I feel like just a month ago, there was a thread with this exact question and OP image.
>>
>>1028435
I use them all the time.
Don't be a pussy the bees eat all of the left over meat.
>>
>>1029434
Yes
Sort of the same bullshit, but it was even worse than this one because their question was how cook
It's probably the same attention whore, faggot who started both threads
>>
I just don't worry about stuff like this. The fire would sterilize any pathogens, the black stuff keeps your meat from sticking... what's the problem?

I bet OP is a well-done fag, too.
>>
>>1028483
being chemically inert doesnt mean much when the suspected effect was largely due to physical properties
>>
>>1028435
I've used them once or twice, They're not bad and get the job done pretty well.

Just brush it off a bit if it really bothers you.
>>
File: CR0_2608-1200x801.jpg (224KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
CR0_2608-1200x801.jpg
224KB, 1200x801px
>>1028485
In Ausfailia we have these crappy electric public bbq's that can be used at any time, and we did the same things when younger. We'd cook all kinds of gross/weird shit on it: poop (human/dog/cat/wallaby), piss, poisonous nuts/fruit/tree sap, and even vomit.
>>
>>1030039
fuuug whatcha cookin there m8? bacon-wrapped something?

>>1030048
me and my friends use those you guys are meanies :c
>>
What a bunch of idiots in this thread.
If you know what you are doing those things rock.
The thick grate has huge thermal mass and once its full of coals the heat is even and very hot.
Amazing steaks
>>
>>1028435
when me and some friends went "camping" last weekend our fire ring had an iron grate you could fold over the fire and my gf cooked some fucking amazing burgers on it. it didnt even occur to us that it should be cleaned, if youre concerned maybe just hit it with a grill brush..
>>
>>1030039

That looks really great.
>>
>>1028435

Is this bait

You don't cook your food directly on the grates ffs
>>
>>1030195
???
>>
>>1030197
you put some fucking aluminum foil u chode
>>
>>1028485
>>1030048

Why does anyone like kids again? Fucking hell, I could have lived without knowing this has likely happened, as while I can dismiss old food bits, the idea of this shit (literally) turns me off the idea.
>>
>>1030288
>Why does anyone like kids again?
Dont trigger the breeders.
They get angry if you dont worship their shitty little childrens
>>
>>1028435
I just make sure the coals get really hot to burn the "germs" off then use a spatula or grill brush to clean it as best as I can.

Its one of those things that just looks more unsanitary than what it is.

>>1028448
That too. I've seen people that preferred the tinfoil thing.
>>
>>1029413
I'm pretty sure that 4chan has writers that produce there own threads. How else could you explain spooky, business, and fit.

There is no way that Americans are as gullible and stupid as 4chan leads us to believe.

I wonder if I could pay 4chan to let me shill ecoins.
>>
>>1028435
you scrap it off mate, if you want use some water and a sponge
>>
File: ylpl39czodo5xulkn1t3.jpg (32KB, 442x448px) Image search: [Google]
ylpl39czodo5xulkn1t3.jpg
32KB, 442x448px
>>1030314
>4chan has writers that produce there own threads
they're called "anons", also "hackers on steroids".
>>
>>1028452
>I will anon thanks. And if I end-up with two I'll share one :3
kek
>>
>>1030288
>>1030309
>grrrrr I h8 breeders
>hey where did da white ppl go???
>>
File: kkk.jpg (221KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kkk.jpg
221KB, 1000x1000px
>>1028435
nigga just bring one of these and you dont need to clean the grill......
>>
>>1028435
don't even try to use it

the meat comes out like shit
>>
File: c.jpg (173KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
173KB, 600x800px
everything should be cooked and eaten onna stick and the sticks and bones should be burnt.
>>
>>1028435
use alcohol to clean it then light that baby. Its pretty gross some of the stuff we used to do to public bbqs...
>>
>>1028435
Just put a sheet of tin foil over the bars. Problem solved.
>>
>>1031535
>foil
enjoy your Alzheimer
>>
>>1028435
this is a copypasta but using these is really no worse/different than putting meat directly on the coals. Once that sumbitch it hot enough it doesnt really matter if its was a lil grimey before.

if its real rusty try and find one thats got some grease on it and its rusty
>>
>>1028522
>Also the foods going to get covered in soot and ash.
this is why you wait until there are no flames anymore
and then you put your food over the red hot coals ==> no soot
>>
>>1030048
laughted way to hard at this
>>
What is a good way of carrying eggs innawoods?
>>
>>1028435
Stop being a pussy, problem solved.
>>
>>1028435
I've used them before and I've seen heaps of people use them. I generally only use my small gas stove for cooking but when there is a fire already going I may as well use the grill that is already over the firepit.

>>1030048
I've used these a couple times but also a couple times I was about to use it, noticed some bird shit and pussied out.
>>
>>1028485
What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>1032207
They make hard case egg carriers.
>>
>>1028448

Don't use wire brushes man. Those bristles can come off and get in your food, and once you swallow one you have to get it surgically removed.
>>
>>1032436
ok ok fine. skip the brush but the rest is legit!
>>
>>1028483
Alzheimer's is caused by statin drugs that destroy your brain's ability to process the cholesterol it needs to survive.
>>
buy a pack of corn tortillas, preferably fresh from a place that makes and sells out daily (to avoid chemical smells)
line the grill with a layer of them, maybe two.
light it up and let them catch fire and turn to coal on their own, the heat will clean the grill of all the gunk then just brush it off with a wire brush and add some oil if you want or just use a half of an onion to rub off the rest of the shit.
>>
>>1035809
Single stupidest idea i ever heard for grill cleaning
>>
>>1028435
I used to piss on them when I was a kid.
>>
>>1036003

>'merica

Not even once.
>>
>>1028472
>billy
>kumara
kiwi spotted
>>
>>1035809
I don't understand what the corn tortillas accomplish, but the onion's an idea.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>>1036449
i think the idear is that it creates a blanket of coals around the grate to help incinerate the gunk through direct conduction, rather than just relying on convection or radiant heat of the grill. The theory is sound but idunno whether or not it's really necessary. Brown paper or even wooden shims would have the same effect as long as they aren't contaminated with glues or dyes or the like
>>
>>1036003
My dad, brothers and I always pissed on them as a family tradition at the end of each day.
>>
>>1028435
I installed one of these in my backyard in the house I owned ten years ago.
>>
>>1037264
How did it work out? I would like one of these †bh. If it was for private use only.
>>
>>1032424
Autism
>>
>>1036454
How do calories work.

Shit does not burn at the same temperature, corn tortillas burn hot enough to get gunk off the grill. It will heat the grease enough to get it off.

People are retarded and can't basic science.
>>
>>1037938
Do you think flour tortillas would do better because it's got more calories or would the gluten cause it to gunk up?
>>
>>1037940
Corn is 100℅ better. Think burning seasoned hardwood v. Pine.
Corn will burn with no bad smell unlike flour tortillas. That shit stinks.
>>
>>1028435
Might not be nice but anything that gets as hot as a grill isn't going to make you sick.
>>
File: Betty-Crocker-Fruit-Roll-Ups.jpg (94KB, 492x620px) Image search: [Google]
Betty-Crocker-Fruit-Roll-Ups.jpg
94KB, 492x620px
>>1037941
How bout fruit roll-ups?

>>1037943
Not true, it could be contaminated with minerals, chemicals, hydrocarbons, metals, etc. No viruses, fungi or bacteria will survive but plenty of (rare but potential) contaminants can withstand the heat
>>
>>1028443
Actually the primary point of coming is to denature protein to make it more readily digestible.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.