[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HUNTING GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: 20161008_203457.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161008_203457.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>stories of your first / favorite hunt.

Took my first deer last year at 33. Here's how it went down.

>Hunting Public land with local wildlife biologist buddy.

>Set up behind haybales for cover on field rich in Timothy hay. Watching treeline 100m away.

>First thing in the morning. Unseasonably cold with snow (early Oct).

>Quietly rummaging in my bag for thermos of chicken soup to warm up. Fill a cup, look up. Deer 50yds away.

>Quietly set down steaming cup of goodness, pick up rifle.

>Nice young doe.

>Not shaking but all of a sudden adrenaline is going. Go time. Slowly stand up, rest rifle across the haybale keeping it between deer and I.

>Line up on the boiler room. Breathe in, out. Squeeze. Bang.

>Deer jumps. Two fawns I didn't see run out of the treeline - at me.

>My deer runs fifty yards to the treeline and collapses.

>Fawns run right up to me, squeaking. Weird moment. Then they run back to their mother who just then emerged from the treeline. Sorry I shot your auntie.

>Wait ten minutes. Go to spot where she was standing. Huge blood splatter. And clear trail in the snow. 'track' it to her.

>Perfect shot. Took out the heart and right shoulder. Can't believe she ran that far with no heart, no sternum and no blood.

>Field dress my first deer. Smelled interesting. Weird but good. Natural. Couldn't get over how warm she was or maybe I was just that cold.

>One hour later, grilling her tenderloins smothered in olive oil and Montreal steak spice. Pic related.

>Best meat I've ever tasted.

>Instantly hooked. Spend the rest of the season hoping for a buck. See lots of does but hold off. Get skunked but still a great experience. Shoot six grouse over the next two months. Also delicious.

Can't wait for this fall. Don't care about trophies, just want that delicious venison. So good.
>>
>>1028166
YOU FUCKING MURDERER
>>
File: liberal.jpg (76KB, 650x431px) Image search: [Google]
liberal.jpg
76KB, 650x431px
Y- YOU SHOT BAMBI!!
>>
>>1028166
>sitting around in a blind
>hunting

Pick one fag because they aren't interchangeable.

And I'm not saying you gotta go out and punch a deer in the head to death or spear it. But sitting around baited fields and jerking your buddy off basically waiting for an EZ kill when you absolutely don't need the food. Is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>1028237
>when you absolutely don't need the food
no one absolutely 'needs it' unless theyre fucking homeless or some shit. im sure that kill prevented op from going to the grocery store and buying steaks which woudl have been the same thing.
what kind of autism is this
>>
>>1028237

Bite me my dude.

What you didn't read is how I spent the rest of the season stalking. Saw tons of does but opted not to take the shot. Walked over a hundred km of bush, used calls, scents, the whole shebang. Saw a ton of wildlife.

Hunting is about the experience. But it's also about bringing home the meat. Good, organic quality meat.

I spent dozens of hours scouting locations. Talking with other hunters, biologists, fish cops to find the best places.

Next year I'll be splitting my time between tree stands and stalking. Going for deer, moose, wild hogs and game birds.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate these experiences - and shits on those who do - is just projecting a deep seated sense of inadequacy.
>>
File: hunter helper with field golden.png (163KB, 1764x1746px) Image search: [Google]
hunter helper with field golden.png
163KB, 1764x1746px
Anyone hunt with their dog? I go grouse hunting in the fall and have a Field Golden. Her relatives all hunt pheasant and ducks but I've never trained her to do any hunting. Any tips on where to start?
>>
>>1028166
i try to lung shot them, the heart is too delicious to waste
>>
That meat sure does look good, holy fuck.
>>
File: 1491492077536.jpg (302KB, 1152x860px) Image search: [Google]
1491492077536.jpg
302KB, 1152x860px
I want to make t his https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4cYERKlGKU so that i can be alerted when deer are coming my way. IT will be hooked up to a small electronic noise maker and not a pyrotechnic

I learned this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pg17-CIXSU

And will be going in blind as i think i've found some man made funnels and shit.

How do i get the tripwire in place
>>
>>1028279
>killing things for fun
Pretty fucked up desu. You don't need to eat meat. You also don't need to go out and kill things to enjoy nature.

Why don't you shoot animals with a camera instead? All the fun of hunting without senseless murder
>>
You done good kiddo, ignore the faggots in this thread.
>>
>>1028646
>You don't need to eat meat
Categorically false. B12 deficiency kills.
>You also don't need to go out and kill things [to enjoy nature.]
[Not an argument.] I'd also say that's not true at all. We're still anatomically the same human beings we were 20,000 years ago living in caves. Killing is necessary and a part of us.
>>
File: IMG_2940.jpg (35KB, 480x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2940.jpg
35KB, 480x576px
>>1028924
>what are B12 supplements

Carnitards btfo. Are you even trying, or just stringing letters and numbers together?
>>
>>1028999
the point is we've evolved to eat meat, you absolute moron.
>>
>>1028924
>B12 deficiency kills
yes, which is why they give B12 supplements to livestock (it's not found in their feed, where else would they get it?)

Or you could just skip the middle cow and take a supplement yourself

>killing is necessary and part of us
no, you're just a psychopath who kills animals on the weekend to feel powerful because he's a beta numale otherwise

>>1029009
certain evolutionary adaptions allow us to consume meat for survival, it doesn't mean it's optimal for our diet. You can say we evolved to eat cheetos too, doesn't mean we should
>>
>>1029009
Oh, you're right! We should only do what we've evolved to do.

I guess you're going to live in a cave. And walk everywhere. And not use AC. Or modern medicine. Forget electricity. And definitely abandon this Chinese image board.

You really don't have an argument, do you?
>>
Well before this devolves into a complete moral faggotry, anyone have more stories of first hunts, successful or otherwise? I want to work towards getting my PAL and Hunting license for the 2018 season here in Alberta. Probably gonna start with upland and waterfowl. Anyone else starting down this path, or looking to?
>>
Hunters be truthful
Is it just about that psychopathic rush you get from being in control and killing animals? All that other stuff about being outdoors and the fun of tracking is all bullshit right?

Well the thing you like about tracking is that its the lead up to the kill, like the edging before you blow your load
>>
>>1028295
>Anyone hunt with their dog? I go grouse hunting in the fall

I grouse hunt with my cattle dog. He just likes to chase birds and one day he was walking in the woods, I was in a meadow a couple hundred feet away, and I hear a grouse screaming bloody murder and I look up and my dog is chasing it through the brush. I just saw where it went then shot it and gave him the heart and liver. I started out by shooting my 10/22 near him although it never bothered him but I would start with that first.
>>
File: IMG_20160709_201955.jpg (3MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160709_201955.jpg
3MB, 1520x2688px
>>1028166

Cool story OP, got me super keen for fallow deer hunting next weekend.

>>1029168

You're nearly right there mate. I thoroughly enjoy the killing. It's very satisfying pulling the trigger and watching whatever you're shooting drop. The outdoorsy aspect is equally important to me though.

Never understand the remorse some hunters report, and am usually sceptical of it. Like you I just think hunters are trying to hide their motivations because it's socially unacceptable to say you enjoy killing animals these days.

But then again I tend to score quite low on empathy tests, so maybe it's me. Either way I'm honest about what I enjoy about hunting and don't hide it too much. So long as I don't break the law it's all good right?

Pic is a wallaby I turned into kebabs.
>>
>>1029189
I appreciate you being truthful, you inhuman monster
>>
I've been hunting for the past eight years, I'm 19 now. I had never gotten a deer. Only ever seen two while actually hunting, and I didn't have a clear shot before they got away. This past winter, I came across an accident on the side of the road, a poor old lady smacked the fuck out of a deer with her little chevy. The deer was in the middle of the road, with all four of its legs snapped below the knees. Me and another person pulled over to help her out, the woman was very distraught. We pulled the deer off to the side of the road, and waited for the cops to show up to put her down. When they arrived, they said that they usually have someone on duty with a shotgun for just such occasions (it's a very small town) but they don't at the moment. For some reason, probably not wanting to fill out the paperwork for having fired his sidearm near a residential area, he didn't want to shoot the deer. So the bystander and the cop held her down, I draped a towel over her eyes, and pulled out my pocket knife. I had the largest one of the three of us, and it's pretty sharp. I found the deer's windpipe, went two inches back, and stabbed my knife in, then proceeded to saw forward until the entire front of her throat was open, and then I cut further back, in the direction of her spine to make sure I got both blood vessels. I'll never forget the gurgling sound she made as the blood bubbled over her windpipe, or the feeling of the hot blood spraying up my arm, or the stiff, tired kicks of her back legs, causing her hooves to twist and flail from limp flesh. I don't feel bad for doing it, but I do feel sorry for the deer, having to endure thirty long minutes of horrible pain from shattered bones and internal bleeding before succumbing to the numbness of shock, and eventually death.

That, friends, is how I killed my first deer.
>>
File: IMG_1744.jpg (46KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1744.jpg
46KB, 500x374px
I've been hunting all over the country. Bear, elk, moose, reindeer. My favorite hunt of all time was in my home state of Arkansas. It was my dad and me, walking through the woods with a couple of old .22's hunting for squirrels.

Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. My scope fell apart (thanks, Nikon). My dad's rifle had the firing pin spring mess up. It would strike a shell, but not hard enough to set it off. Everything worked fine the weekend before when we were sighting scopes and burning through a 550 brick of .22.

We didn't nab a single squirrel in our 8 hours in the woods, but it was by far the best time I've ever had. I'd do anything to fail like that with my dad one more time.
>>
>>1029168

Anon, living is killing.

You could never eat an ounce of animal flesh your entire life. And yet at the hands of others, the number of organisms that must still continually perish to sustain your existence is staggering.

From the pests that must be poisoned and murdered to grow an acre of vegetarian food. To the animals that must be driven out or bulldozed to make way for your home or apartment, and the infrastructure that powers it. Or what of the predators that were long ago wiped out, so you can walk in the woods with your child without becoming food yourself?

And let us not forget about the plants. They may not have the advantage of nervous systems or movement, but still, do they not have rights? Does a tree or vegetable plant also not have a right to live, property rights over its own body, after taking resources from its environment and making something with them? And yet we slaughter plants with endless abandon, because they are defenseless and we find it so convenient.

Hunting is a way for us to take ownership of this fact. To kill directly with our hands, rather than have someone else do it and pretend that this fundamental fact of our relationship with the planet doesn't exist.

Living is killing, and hunting is a way for us to be honest about it.
>>
>>1029375
Thats not what i asked
Im fine with killing animals or plants out of necessity. The question i asked was, is the animals pain/death pleasing to you?
Does the anticipation of the kill and the power you have over it give you a boner?
>>
>>1028646
Neck yourself
>>
File: IMG_0664.jpg (238KB, 720x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0664.jpg
238KB, 720x468px
>>1029168
Native american here.
Living off the land>wagecuckery/wellyfaggotry
Every time i blast a moose with my winchester 94, i am doing that moose a favour.
I even killed a cow and her calf one time.
Did not feel sorry for them at all.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gi2JukzSEVg
>>
>>1029416
again
not answering the question i asked
>>
>>1029425
But less socially acceptable
>>
File: IMG_0665.jpg (47KB, 323x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0665.jpg
47KB, 323x500px
>>1029417
If i got a "psychopathic rush" from killing animals i'd be taking stray kittens to my garage where they'll get slammed against a concrete floor and then vivisected with scissors while still alive, not moose hunting.
>>
>>1029020
Apparently neither do you
>>
>>1028279
Trying to explain hunting to non hunters rarely works man.

Grats on your first one! I remember my first one, he was just a tiny spike.
>>
>>1029376
No. I raise chickens and kill them for meat. If cared only about pleasure from killing then I would do that instead of hunting.

The thrill is from the hunt itself.
>>
>>1028646
that doesnt satisfy the ego of insecure cucks though
>>
>>1030025
If youve ever eaten any meat in your life go kys you hypocritical cunt.
>>
>>1030235
I used to eat meat every day and found it delicious but that doesn't make it right
>>
>>1030235
I used to eat meat every day and found it delicious, but that doesn't make it right. I've realized and accepted that it's wrong and have ceased consumption of all animal products
>>
Why the fuck are vegan hipster hippe cucks in this thread in the first place?
God damn we need another holocaust.
>>
>>1028166
Is that what you were going for was a tasty deer as opposed to a trophy buck or was it meh ill take whatever.

>When you say public lands are you reffering to state land that you can hunt on or like where the farmers list there fields available for public hunting.

what caliber did you use and what gun
>>
>>1028237
Well if he was hunting deer somewhere else he would just be sitting around in the woods.

It's not like you hunt deer by chasing them down. You sit and wait where you believe they will be.

You do not hunt.

Pathetic hunting is like when you shoot squirrels from your porch or deer that you see while driving down the road.

Baiting being pathetic is like saying you shouldn't put bait on a fishing hook
>>
>>1028237
>you don't need food
what did he mean by this
>>
>>1029168
No, although that is pretty nice.

It's about being out. I can have just as much fun sitting there watching empty skies as my decoys freeze over as being in it so hot it's hard to keep the shotgun loaded. And I'd much rather not fire a shot than make a poor one and wound or inhumanely kill something.

The only reason I take a gun at all is I do enjoy the meat, and it's generally a significant bit cheaper and healthier than buying commercial, even after factoring the cost of the specialized gear, ammo, and licenses.
>up until you catch trichinosis
But that's a different story.
>>
File: 1487981594901.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
1487981594901.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>1028646
when did this board get so fucking gay?
>>
>>1029191
Actually it's completely human to love killing for sport/fun. Maybe you're inhuman to not like it?
>>
File: Anon's Jerky.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Anon's Jerky.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
>>1028646,>>1028999

You're gay, we get it, don't push your gay shit on everyone else.

Meat's fucking delicious.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.