/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

making money on 1000 sqft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1494595471978.jpg (41KB, 322x307px) Image search: [Google]
1494595471978.jpg
41KB, 322x307px
Howdy, got a question for the garden wizards out there

>House I am renting has a 25x50 foot backyard that I have free access to build and destroy.

>Wanting to make some money as a broke as shit college kid, what could I do with this plot that would net something equivalent to a second minimum wage job?
>>
File: 1494669274627.jpg (23KB, 418x405px) Image search: [Google]
1494669274627.jpg
23KB, 418x405px
Should go ahead and throw this in:

>Living in DFW, Texas
>Willing to swallow the initial input costs

>Is there a high commodity crop folks would be willing to buy that could be continuously pumped out of my backyard?

inb4 dude weed lmao
>>
>>1027021
You could give tobacco a try.
>>
>>1027036
Would there be a market in backyard tobacco? That's a bit tougher to sell door to door than basil, isn't it?
>>
>>1027040

You're not thinking enough. Market it as some sort of hipster free range organic 100% free trade tobacco grown using traditional methods on Native American soil. Find a tobacco shop that sells a lot of pipes, that's where the hipsters go. Convince them to buy it. Sell it at farmers markets. Sell it outside the grocery store like a girl scout. Advertise on facebook. Hire some Mexicans and tell people they're Cherokee.
>>
>>1027088
>>1027040

Also a lot of tobacco that is sold just comes in shitty little bags. Or at least I think it is, I've only smoked a pipe once. Don't do that. Ensure it's sold in tins or boxes or something with some cool artwork on them. Convince some deviantart kid to make it for you. Make something that people would like to have on their shelf, not a shitty little bag that makes them look like a drug addict.
>>
>>1027088
>>1027091
What's the profit margins on 1000sqft
>>
>>1027115

shit I don't know man, I can't give you your idea, marketing strategy, and also do your accounting for free. Gotta figure something out on your own.
>>
>>1027119
Fair enough. Legislation on tobacco has got to be more stringent than basil tho famalama
>>
>>1027021
Might be late now, but pumpkins. You could milkfeed them and sell them for like five bucks a pop in October. You're pretty small though, they need a lot of room
>>
>grow potatoes, carrots and onions
>deduct the cost of actually grocery shopping for said produce from your expenses
>???
>profit

you can't compete with big farming but you can make yourself self sufficient
>>
maybe like doggie daycare
>>
>>1027021

To maximise your space, go vertical. You can increase output significantly that way. Some form of hydroponics is usually a good way to get quick yield. Initial setup cost is higher, but you get more output more rapidly than with dirt.

Go to your local high end restaurants and ask the chefs what are the greens that are most expensive / hardest to find. Grow that. The more niche, the better. If you have excess, sell them at your local hipster market as organic hand grown micro green bullshit.
>>
>>1027662

Forgot to add:

Step 3: ???????
Step 4: Profit!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.