/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First aid kit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: DSCN3816_2_1024x1024.jpg (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3816_2_1024x1024.jpg
194KB, 1024x768px
Hey /out/ do you bring along a first aid kit?
I'm thinking of putting one together, want it to be usable for a varying activities. (camp, hike, bike, fish, kayak)
But what do you put in your first aid kit?
so far I have bandaids and ibuprofin what else should i be adding?
>>
>>1026943
>bandaids
>ibuprofen
>ace bandage
>athletic tape
>duct tape
if you're worried about excessive shitting you can add something like imodium to the list, but that's really all you'll need.

>inb4 "medic" roleplayers show up and demonstrate how little they actually know
>>
Superglue is good. In case you get a cut you can just glue it back together.
Some kind of disinfectant would be good for that list as well.
If you are going far /out/ then thread and needle and rope somewhere in your pack, not necessarily the medkit.
>>
I have the best way to assemble a first aid kit.

School buses are never locked, just go into the bus yard at night. The kits are behind the driver seat usually.

Grab like 20 of them and you'll be able to mix and match everything to your exact needs, and you'll be able to make kits for all your buddies too.

Also all the containers the first aid stuff comes in are super handy for storing other things like ammo.
>>
Epinephrine
Something to kill pain (remember that some painkillers thin blood(
QuikClot
Gauze
Suture kit
Condoms
Naltrexone
1 litre of plasma
Tape
Splints (just make one yourself)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something
>>
>>1026943
>Hey /out/ do you bring along a first aid kit?
sure standard motorbike fac

it only has the basics none of the flamboyant shit like ibuprophen and toothpasta and whatnot that retards think belong in a fak.

if it's good for accidents on the highway it will be just fine innawoods.
>>
>>1027219
ah, yes, because running into a tree at 40 mph is going to require the same treatment as problems i'm going to encounter backpacking at 12,000' in the sierra
>>
>>1026943
I have 3 different ones.
>on me
Basic bleeder/blowout. Tourniquet, israeli bandage, chest seal, quickclot gauze. That'll keep me or someone else alive long enough to get to actual medical care.
>in my pack
Booboo/sustainment. Assorted bandaids, moleskin, neosporin, aspirin and tylenol, imodium, a Sam splint, tweezers, and a cravat
>in my truck
Crash/trauma kit. 3 israeli bandages, 3 packs of celox, 3 sam splints, 6 cravats, 2 NPAs, fistful of chest seals, medic shears, and an exacto knife.

I'm not a doctor or EMT, I have no illusions of doing surgery or anything, but I got a lot of experience doing first line treatment for traumatic injury innamilitary.
>>
>>1027237
>>1027237
This. Don't carry so much.
>>
>>1026945
Carbon pills work fine. Prefer that over some drug thing. Also if you shit too little you can try some prunes. Eating 1 300g bag of dried prunes made me shit 11 times in a single day.
>>
>>1027025
Disinfectant, antihistamine, alcohol?
>>
File: no.jpg (25KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
25KB, 500x344px
>>1027025
>no defibrillator
>no ventilator
>no dialysis machine
>no mri
>mfw
0/10, would not /out/ with
>>
>>1027224
vehicle accidents are more severe than what you can expect on a hike, but vehicle faks are not exclusively for road accidents. they have been carefully designed to coupled with proper training keep people alive till the emt arrives or to handle minor injuries like cuts breaks scrapes.

that is what a fak is for.
>>
>>1027636
oh yeah and not for the last the vehicle faks are designed for a risk-cost-capability optimum which is a nice philosophy for a fak you keep just in case.

obviously they cut capability to reduce cost but they cut the corners where they statistically can or where the medical training required to use a device could not be realistically expected from the user.
>>
>>1026943
I bring talcum powder, maybe one or two plasters, one or two antiseptic wipes, and some ibuprofen gel. That's it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.