[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You just hiked 15 miles only to find that the campground you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

You just hiked 15 miles only to find that the campground you were planning on spending the night at is closed. It's late, you're tired, and there's not another soul in sight. Do you say fuck it and camp out anyway?
>>
Sir I live in Kentucky we don't follow rules and will do anything possible to keep from having to follow rules.
>>
>campground
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>1026549
Do you just hike in off the marked trails and set camp? Doesn't your fire attract park patrol? Any tips for setting camp not in a designated campground?

t. respectful inexperienced
>>
>>1026558
Dispersed camping is allowed in almost any situation. If given shit for what you're doing, explain how fatigued you are and that you simply needed rest. Humans are entitled to survival.
>>
>>1026496

No such thing. There might be a good reason it's closed (flooding, bear attacks etc) so I would probably just head off trail in a different direction and camp wherever. I generally avoid specified campgrounds anyway
>>
>>1026496
>you travel somewhere by foot
>the place is 'closed' but you don't specify why
>nobody is around

oh no the law will drive out and imprison me for staying in a spot for a night when i have no practical means of moving on
>>
If you set up after dark, and leave before first light, you can literally camp nearly anywhere without being hassled.

It's called stealth camping for a reason.

If you are going to stealth camp, just don't do a fire. It can attract attention. Your argument of "I've hiked all day and I was tired and needed sleep" is kind of invalid if you took the time to gather wood and build a fire just to sit around chilling, rather than actually sleeping.
>>
>>1026558
>>
>>1026496
Yep. Done it a few times.

Same when I'm doing a long trip and plan on camping at night and drive way off the highway and down a side road and then a dirt road and then a Forest Service road and the spot I wanted to stay is gated off and locked. I moved across the country from family and deal with that practically every time I drive home for the holidays.
>>
>>1026558
Don't build fire. Get going early. Leave no trace.
>>
Wild camping is technically illegal in my country but it's tolerated and widely practiced. Just had off the trial a bit, pitch your tent a little later and get up early. You can sometimes get away with having a fire but you need to judge that there and then and if you do have one take efforts to minimise the damage it'll cause.
>>
Absolutely
>>
>>1026496
>15 miles deep
>campground
lolwut. or did you just walk the 1 mile casual loop around the parking lot 15 times?
>>
>>1027901
Plenty of campsites are along hiking routes between trailheads. Like on the AT or PCT.
>>
>>1026741
You could just go somewhere else, why do you say you have no practical means of going on unless your feet suddenly disappeared from under you
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.