[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ / life advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

File: wanderlust-.jpg (64KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
wanderlust-.jpg
64KB, 580x386px
I kinda reached a dead end with my life lately, despite life being good and all.

>Past mid twenties
>No job
>Living with parents
>No gf
>No dog
>Car
>Some savings
I have decided to take a decision this week, not sure what though. My opinions are either get a job a work my ass off and then buy a couple acres of land or say fuck it all and go travel for a while. Anyone on the same spot as I? What have you decided?
>>
What sort of work are you qualified for? Do you have a degree or a trade?
>>
>>1026486
None. Yeah I know.
>>
>>1026491
Then your first priority should be career development. Look into apprenticeships in your area. Even if you aren't strong academically, you can live a comfortable lifestyle if you are willing to put in some hard work.

Once you get that sorted all that other stuff will get worked out. Life isn't a race, the fact that you are in late 20's isn't the end of the world.
>>
>>1026499
Thanks for the advice, mate. Actually I have an interview this week to know more about some trade courses that will start soon. Maybe there's some good one available.
>>
>>1026482
23 here and only ever held one real job in my life. Most has been under the table shit work.

Going to the local county college for welding cert and hopefully score a job in an exhaust shop or something. I'm not dumb or skill less. Just lazy and never want to apply myself as what's the point?
>>
>>1026505
>I'm not dumb or skill less. Just lazy and never want to apply myself as what's the point?
I feel you, it's the same with me, at least it's what I like to believe.
But then you get older, your youth friends have careers, family and you meanwhile are stuck in the past, living life with a nostalgic feeling of your youth where everything was perfect.
>>
>>1026505
Not a welder personally, but I work in construction and I'd just say be careful with welding. It's one of the most popular trades and a lot of schools push out welding certificates like toilet paper. I'd lean towards diesel-mechanics or hvac if I were just starting out.

>>1026509
I know it's trite and hard to do but try not to worry about how you stack up compared to your peers. Life is long, and positions change. Those people who are married with 'perfect Facebook live's' could be divorced and fat in 5 years, whereas you could be making good money coming home to a comfy girl and a pupper. Nihilism is a bs self-defeating mindset. If you are gonna bother living, might as well try and make a go of it right?
>>
>>1026525
I get you're saying anon and I honestly don't envy them. My life right now is top comfy, I go /out/ most days, despite living with my parents they are ok so it's not much of a problem, I'm not stressed every single day with some random shit and all, but it's time to move on.
If I happen to meet a qt, living in my parents house won't cut it anymore.

Plus I would like to visit new places.
>>
>>1026569
What part of the UK do you live?
>>
>>1026579
Why would you think that I'm a bong? I'm not. :/
>>
>>1026482
Sort of, just a bit younger. Near my mid twenties, and I'm just fucking leaving dude.
>>
>Get hooked up with a girl when I was 22
>Get apartment together, put a ring on it but never marry
>I become an LPN and make decent money
>Plan to go for my RN when my girl finishes her schooling
>Now i'm 32, girl still hasn't finished school, i'm sure she wracked up a billion dollars in debt
>She starts picking at me when we are going to get married and start a family
>Point out we are waiting on her to finish school
>Blows up into a huge fight, she moves out of the apartment and back in with her mom and dad
>After a about a month and some texts decide the relationship is not worth saving
>Get out of the lease on my apartment, move back in with mom and dad

I'm kinda in a state of shock right now, the plan was once we both finished school we would move to some /out/ related area (Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Idaho) and start a family. Now i'm sitting here in my early 30s and right back to where I was in my early 20s. Right now the plan is to pick up a second job, pay off the lingering credit card debt i'm carrying (about 10k total but 4k of that is from getting my eyes done a few months ago) and bank up some cash and move out to the wilderness like I always wanted. Feel like I got a plan and what not but doing it alone is gonna be so much harder plus i'm generally lonely as fuck now. Strange to say but she was like my only/best friend thought with that said over the past few years i'm not sure how happy i was to be around her..
>>
File: 1492686139099.jpg (143KB, 698x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492686139099.jpg
143KB, 698x900px
>>1026482
Go work, traveling when you dont have money is for hipsters and losers. Save up money and buy land, that's objectively the smarter decision.

t. land owner
>>
>>1026738
Good riddance, anon, good riddance to them all.
>>
>>1026525
Thanks for the post, anon. Many people on this board, including me, are young and feel kinda lost in life. It feels good to hear some encouraging advice instead of bitterness all the time.
I'm sure we can all do the right things and live a good life.
>>
>>1026738
>about 10k total but 4k of that is from getting my eyes done a few months ago
Why would you take on debt for what is essentially cosmetic surgery?

>I'm going to run away and live in the wilderness
You are in your early 30s, drop the fantasy and grow up. Focus on building a career and getting out of your parents' home, not living in the forest.

Then again, you sound like you are still a kid and avoiding growing up. How could you live with your gf and be with her for 10 years and you don't even know her financial situation (eg debt)? Early 30s of course she wants kids, her clock is ticking and you just want to be a perpetual student and play house.

I know he feeling, but you should have manned up although it sounds like she was a big kid too. I had a kid a year before finishing my PhD; you can't wait until the career is in full swing before having kids. This is why educated white people our age have no kids or at most one in their mid-late 30s (which gets into the higher risk category).

Stay hungry and don't give up. If you want to "live off the land" or maintain this fantasy then do so, but focus on realistic goals and getting your shit together first. Don't fall into an "I'm running away!" immature mindset to eschew responsibilities or justify your current position.

And get out of your parents' place and enjoy being single again, especially in the age of Tindr and all that shit. They didn't have that when we were 18, live it up.
>>
>>1026738
Stay out of Co, we don't like losers like you.
>>
>>1026525
>people who are married with 'perfect Facebook live's'
This is why I got off fakebook years ago. Social media is the most fake/mentally unhealthy shit ever, unplug entirely and you will be a lot happier. I am anyways.

>>1026738
Breakups are always rough, but moving into the woods by yourself sounds like a recipe for depression and eventual suicide. That relationship sounds like it had serious problems anyway and wasn't going to last.

>>1026824
>And get out of your parents' place and enjoy being single again, especially in the age of Tindr and all that shit. They didn't have that when we were 18, live it up.

I'd say he's better off staying with his parents (if they are willing anyhow) and using money that would be wasted on rent on aggressively paying off his debt. And Tinder is shitty if you are an average looking guy, insecure girls just use those apps as a way of validating themselves. Just go for girls you work/interact with socially and you will have better luck with much better people.
>>
>>1026857
>And Tinder is shitty if you are an average looking guy, insecure girls just use those apps as a way of validating themselves. Just go for girls you work/interact with socially and you will have better luck with much better people.
I just meant it as a way for him to get laid and get over his girlfriend. I'm 32 as well and have never used social media for sex, so I'm in the dark on this.

Also, sleeping with girls you work with is terrible advice.

You're right, staying with his parents is good for paying off debt in the short term. But if it becomes a long term thing it's toxic at that age, especially if he is lonely and depressed and probably spending too much time online.
>>
>mid twenties
>dead end job
>mentally stuck in a rut
>the kind of rut where it doesn't feel as though time is passing at all; surprised when I walk in to work and pay stubs are being handed out
>that my ever-growing to-do and want-to-do list is put off, week after week
>have been meaning to update my resume since January and hunt for something better
>is it really almost June?
>have been setting tentative mental deadlines for finding another job
>don't want to reach my year; don't want to be here for Mother's Day; don't want to be here for [policy change]
>latest one is "don't want to be here for the Fourth"
>tempted to just quit even if I don't have another job lined up
>i-it'll kick my ass into gear won't it?
>(but what if I slip back into /r9k/-tier NEETdom?)
>feel like my life has zero purpose and that the circling thoughts/feelings are tearing me apart
>want a family
>a homestead-style farm
>want a career/purpose where I matter and am relied upon and respected and have a measure of authority
>wish I could go back in time and kick my highschool self in the ass and join the military or at least take useful subjects/get better grades
>or stop myself from attending some meme tradeschool that didn't even have the decency to get me my diploma
>am in the kind of debt that would keep me from getting more student loans to go back to school
>can't settle or pay off soon until I improve my situation

I'm 27 years old, and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up; that "you can be anything lololol" tripe hit me hard. I just... Do any of you /out/ists have any tips for digging yourself out of a rut like this? I don't care much what I do for work, so long as I'm treated well and the work is interesting and/or challenging (or just monotonous enough I can tune it out) and I make more than I am at the moment (raking in a grand total of $9.70/hr before taxes). I've never been too suited for manual labor, but I wouldn't knock it before I tried it...

blogpost/10
>>
>>1026875
Without knowing more about your situation, I'd say that you first need to pay some of your debt since it - as you say yourself - keeps you from doing any other things like traveling or school.
Since you're not in a position to pay it of right now you need to look at the things you can do to begin saving up some money. Ideally you would:

* Lessen your expences: Move to a small place with low rent. Try to calculate all of your expences in a week or a month and see how moch of it you could improve on or simply do without.

* Clear your head. Leave unnessesary crap behind/throw it out so you can live simply. It helps to clear your mind if you don't live around tons of crap, so keep your place clean and stick with the important and good things like books, an internet connection and some nice furniture. Buy some art-posters or other cheap things that will make your place look nice.
Wear clothes that other people think looks nice on you; don't be afraid to ask people in clothes stores what they think or recommend.
Eat cheap but healthy food. Skip candy and junk alltogether and brew a cup of tea of coffee whenever you feel the need of having something.
See if you can join some sort of club that does whatever you're interested in. Mostly for the social aspect but bonus if it also gives you some exercise. The small amount of money it will cost is worth it in mental health.

* Get a new job. Even if it's not better paid then just for the change and experience. If your work is very uninspirering then see if you can't also get a side-job at a bar, hobby-store or anywhere else where you think you could get something socially. That way you are keeping up your social skills, making a bit of extra money and spend extra time away from your pc.
>>
>>1026924
>>1026875

If you succeed in living well and with fewer expences for a couple of years you might be able to begin saving up some money. If you by then have a general idea of some sort of profession that you are good at or interested in you can begin to think about what kind of education you would need to pursue.
If you still have no idea of what you want to be doing later on you could instead invest some of your money in traveling or similar things that will inspire you, give you confidense and broaden your horizons.
>>
go travel til you don't want to anymore, now is the perfect timing, nothing matters
>>
>>1026868
>I just meant it as a way for him to get laid and get over his girlfriend. I'm 32 as well and have never used social media for sex, so I'm in the dark on this
Not the guy you are responding to, but unless you are a very attractive guy tinder is a good way to kill what self confidence you have.

>Also, sleeping with girls you work with is terrible advice.
Eh, lots of couples meet through work, not that crazy. Dating really shouldn't be your priority at the moment though, you need to pour a foundation before you start building.

>You're right, staying with his parents is good for paying off debt in the short term. But if it becomes a long term thing it's toxic at that age, especially if he is lonely and depressed and probably spending too much time online.

I'm asian, so living with your parents isn't weird or depressing to me, but I know it's different for white people. I'd say set a goal to move out within 1 year. Check out dave ramsey's debt snowball payment methods, it works.

>>1026875
As mentioned by other anons above, look into apprenticeships. My brother in law is a diesel mechanic for the city bus system and he makes around 65k/yr in a suburb of Denver, with good benefits.
>>
>>1026928
This, traveling prevented me from becoming a NEET. Now I'm motivated and optimistic about life.

t. Guy who was a depressed shit and quit two studies he started
>>
>>1026824
>Why would you take on debt for what is essentially cosmetic surgery?

Wearing glasses sucks, plus it's on a care credit no interest for 2 years deal. If I really had an issue I have enough in savings to pay it off right now if I had too

>You are in your early 30s, drop the fantasy and grow up. Focus on building a career and getting out of your parents' home, not living in the forest

While nothing compared to your PhD I make 65k base salary as an LPN and toss in 1 extra 12hr shift of OT (I work 3 12s regularly) and i'm sniffing 80k. Like to point out it has always been my want to go back for my RN but I couldn't go back to school and support my ex fiancee at the same time. Also it's a fantasy to own a few acres of land and have a house on it? That's crazy talk

>Then again, you sound like you are still a kid and avoiding growing up. How could you live with your gf and be with her for 10 years and you don't even know her financial situation (eg debt)? Early 30s of course she wants kids, her clock is ticking and you just want to be a perpetual student and play house.

Did you read my post? We were waiting on her. We both agreed the same plan of her finishing school, me slipping back to part time and taking a year to get my RN. She was the one holding us up. Also during our fight she told me she had 2 abortions during our time together even though we both agreed abortions were morally wrong. If she wanted kids so bad why did she kill two of mine? Also whenever I asked about her money/debt she would get standoffish and imply I was being controlling. I was giving her 900 bucks a month just to go back and forth to school and she wasn't even going to classes half that time since she would take only a handful of credits a year.
>>
>>1027013
>Continued

>Stay hungry and don't give up. If you want to "live off the land" or maintain this fantasy then do so, but focus on realistic goals and getting your shit together first. Don't fall into an "I'm running away!" immature mindset to eschew responsibilities or justify your current position.

Feeling like your projecting some compromises your bitter about onto me, never said I wanted to live off the land. Just want a plot of land to call my own, something I can walk around my entire house and not see any other buildings. Still plan to sling pills in the nursing home for money.

>And get out of your parents' place and enjoy being single again, especially in the age of Tindr and all that shit. They didn't have that when we were 18, live it up.

Move out into another apartment with paper thin walls and neighbors who bang on your way if you even think about playing a move past 7pm? Nah man, fuck that life. Tired of living like that. And random hook ups are not a problem for me, can get them whenever, I want long term love and commitment.
I'm not sitting here stuck taking care of her guinea pig because whens he left she just left her in her cage. Told me to have her put down, how can I have something put down that makes happy noises when I come home? That will run up and nuzzle my feet when I let her out? I don't get how she could be this cold, she used to draw cute pictures of sleeping animals and tape them to the headboard of out bed so I could sleep with something cute when I got off night shift and she was at school. How can someone change so much so fast?
>>
>>1026973
How good is your life going afterwards?
>>
>>1027013
That eye surgery only works for a few years and you will be wearing glasses again moron
>>
>>1027333
Why make up things on the internet? Do you even understand what is being done during laser eye correction?
>>
>>1027335
Your eyes will change, rendering the surgery useless but yeah waste your $ for kikes who could render you blind, you are so cool.
>>
>>1027361
>Your eyes will change

My script has remained unchanged for years, my (and most peoples) vision will not just change

>waste your $ for kikes

Oh, your just a broke pol tard projecting your insecurities onto other people. And BTW a Irish dude did my eyes.
>>
>>1026482
I took that picture. And I've posted it here before. Did you add the wanderlust text to it?

Either way, pretty cool to see that being used. I'll dump more from the same day/trip
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-30-19-52-46.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-30-19-52-46.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>1027413
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-30-19-52-08.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-30-19-52-08.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1027415
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-30-19-53-22.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-30-19-53-22.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1027417
>>
>>1027415
>>1027413
Actually I looked for wanderlust and google came up with it in the images. Your pic is e-famous lel.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-30-19-59-09.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-30-19-59-09.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1027421
>>1027422
Really? Pictures are about 7 years old. I'll have to look into it.

The location is the Vance creek trail in Shelton Washington. Closed to the public, but easily trespassed into.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-30-19-58-44.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-30-19-58-44.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>1027426
>>
>>1027426
Nice place. Btw is this you https://creativemarket.com/musedesignco/28166-Wanderlust

If not someone ripped off your photo for shekels.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-30-20-16-20.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-30-20-16-20.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1027429
Most certainly not me. I'll have to investigate this. The only place I've shared these photos is with family, the friend I went with (certain he didn't share this) and posted the album on the jewbook.

God Damn it I'm too lazy for this shit...
>>
>>1027434
You got kiked, anon. And the worst things is them claiming the photo as theirs.

>Photo by creativecuriostiesinc.com
>>
>>1027442
aaaaaaand this is why I never post full-resolution uncropped photos anywhere online.

Always have a way to prove the photo is yours.

But, the copyright is only worth as much as you're willing to defend it.
>>
>>1027451
I take photos to remember my journeys. Not for profit. I'm guessing whoever stole my picture made nothing off it. And they also have to live with themselves that they're a cheat and a peasant.

I hope they live vicariously through my adventures again!

I'm glad I know. But like I said. I'm too God damn lazy for this shit. My effort is better spent having a good time /out/doors.
>>
>>1027289
Well good, I'm still traveling. But I now have more ideas of what I want my life to be like, and how I'm going to get there.
>>
>>1027014
Damn bro she fucked you up. Get it through your head, she was using you. She went along with whatever you said and at the end did whatever the fuck she wanted to as long as you gave her what you wanted, time money. Every fucking girl no matter how psycho she is does cutesy shit like that it's nothing special bro. Finding a femme you can communicate with is.
>>
>>1027595
I thought we did communicate with her, i'm so fucked for future relationships
>>
>>1027014
>told me to have her guinea pig put down
Jesus Christ, you better be hella glad that bitch aborted those two spawn, you don't wanna be tied down to a piece of shit like that.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.