[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Permanently /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: joe and the giant onion.jpg (3MB, 1900x1267px) Image search: [Google]
joe and the giant onion.jpg
3MB, 1900x1267px
Hey guys, I don't usually come to this board but I can imagine you get threads like this all the time, so sorry in advance. I'm looking to go camping, but for like a really long time. I already know the basics and what I will need. I'm more concerned of the various things that could come about from this. If i needed some source of income, how would I get this without ID or etc and possibly filed as a missing person? What will typically follow a missing persons report? What happens if you are found? What would be best as a form of protection if you do not have access to a firearm (legally or otherwise)?

Pic unrelated, it's just some weird tent.
>>
>>1025891
Define "a really long time" people hike and camp for a very long time and have no issues. In terms of the other stuff:
>needed a source of income
I have never changed my address, just always given people my parents one, so for all intents and purposes I could be homeless. Squaters I have known have also done this and held down jobs.
>ID
Why does being /out/ permanently mean you have no ID? Don't you already hold some form?
>Missing person
Can't you just let a trusted person know what you are doing so they can stop missing persons being filed?
Anecdote time. I knew a guy who lived in a proper old horse drawn gypsy caravan, he was a forester so would just roam from one job to another living in his caravan. Worked for cash, didn't cause any issues and stayed out of trouble. He's still doing it to this day.
>>
>>1026245
I mean fucking off into the woods to start a new life with no connections.
>>
>>1026539
>I mean fucking off into the woods to start new life with no connections.

You sound like you have zero life experience and are embracing an "I'm running away" defense mechanism. Grow up.

You aren't going to do this; the sooner you drop this fantasy and try to improve your lot in life, the better.
>>
>>1026544
no
>>
>>1026546
Okay, hold on to this fantasy as a means to cope with your anger and depression. Hold on to it and keep trudging along in life until you are in your late 30s and realize you threw away your youth.

But hey, I'm sure someone who lives vicariously online is going to run away and live in the bush. Unlike the hundreds of people who post these threads a year, you are the one young man who is going to go through with it. Despite having never camped before let alone experienced actual hunger pains, thirst, and discomfort.
>>
>>1026548

you are assuming shit you don't know.
i have no anger, i have no depression.
i live in bush already.
>>
>>1026554
lol sure buddy, that's why you are asking about "getting a source of income" and don't have a firearm.

Take my advice: forgive-and-forget, grow up, and spend less time online. You're probably young enough to change your habits and not be a complete fuck-up who is prematurely embittered, has no social skills and confuses the internet and social media with real life.
>>
>>1026555
i can get a firearm easily, and have several already
a source of income would be for needed supplies but of course i could steal it too if you would rather.

i don't have any bad habits either, i'm not some meth'd up teenager trying to run away from home.
>>
>>1026560
>i don't have any bad habits either, i'm not some meth'd up teenager trying to run away from home.
I know, you are a sheltered kid who is angry and thinks running away is a viable option. Guess what, I did too. Then I turned 12.
>>
>>1026562
i'm far from sheltered
what do you think i have to be angry about?
>>
>>1026572
Your fantasy is far more interesting and original to you, not others. Have fun kid.
>>
>>1026573
thanks for the help mate
>>
>>1025891
How about we just make a "I'm sick of everyday life I want to live off the land" general thread. Not as a passive aggressive insult to you, just as a suggestion from observation.
>>
>>1025891
If you're asking, you're not ready. When you know the answers, then you'll be close.

>>1026606
We have two of those as dailys already; /homeless general/ for those who don't want to own the land they live on and /homegrown thread/ for people who do.
>>
>>1026682
please don't lump gardeners in with angry runaways
>>
File: 0da80e00.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
0da80e00.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
>>1026706
Because they're mutually exclusive? Both want to 'live off the land'. Get over yourself.
>>
>>1026548
I ain't never coming home
>>
>>1026554
Jeb?
>>
File: 1421881369931.png (48KB, 205x251px) Image search: [Google]
1421881369931.png
48KB, 205x251px
>>1026548
>Okay, hold on to this fantasy as a means to cope with your anger and depression. Hold on to it and keep trudging along in life until you are in your late 30s and realize you threw away your youth.
This is actually me, What can I do to change?
>>
>>1027181
If your current lifestyle has led to your where you are now, why continue along this course thinking anything will change?

Stop doing what you've been doing. You *must* limit the time you spend online, especially 4chan, and force yourself outside of your comfort zone. Get a new job, move to a new place, whatever. Don't put it off and make little fictitious goals, such as "I'll start in August... I'll start in September... in the new year...". If you are in your late 20s or early 30s, time isn't on your side. Start NOW.

If you are unemployed, at home with parents, and have no prospects in sight, than focus on improving what is in your control: your outlook, appearance, health, CV, etc. Start working out, socialize more via hobbies, eat well, volunteer, whatever. Do it now, don't put it off. Procrastination is death when you get older.

Whatever you do, don't read this post and think "yeah I'll do something", then go to bed, wake up, and forget about it and repeat your years-long cycle of inactivity and depression. You have to accept that change is hard and everything is exciting until the light of day comes and reality sets in. Force yourself through a healthy routine until it becomes a routine and you start to enjoy it. Don't rely on your instinct or motivation, because that clearly hasn't worked thus far. Be disciplined but maintain a levity and sense of humor; don't go all out and burn out after a week.

But seriously, limit time here and online. This is a crutch, mindless distraction, and ersatz socialization. It's okay in small amounts but it can take over your life and eat up time if you let it.
>>
>>1026577
You are autistic and obviously underage. If you already live in the bush then you wouldn't be here asking how to live in it.
Grow up.
>>
>>1027540
Solid post. I'm in a good place, have job, life, health, bla bla bla. But I've been thinking about joining the army for a while now and your post has got me ready to talk to a recruiter. I'm in another country at the moment, just finished a hike. But when I'm back home I'm going to get this ball rolling.
>>
>>1026577

Dude, >>1026573 is right. Go the fuck home, it's way tougher than you think.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.