[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay guys in my little town inside Ohio we have this beauty that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170526_201509.jpg (3MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170526_201509.jpg
3MB, 4096x2304px
Okay guys in my little town inside Ohio we have this beauty that has been rotting behind a for sale house for since I moved here 7 years ago I have been planning on stealing it and moving it into a lockup and make it drivable again (basically build it from the ground up so it can not be tracked if found again) any tips on hiding it and if I can push it into a covered car holder any tips will help. Also it is in a small Alley and I'm not sure if the driveshaft has locked up over sitting for years (country is blocked on /auto)
>>
>beauty
That's a complete POS, I bet the tow truck will cost more than the car itself

Also, wrong board.
>>
>>1024203
What type of car is it? I mean if I can find one for cheap I'd rather do that, and sorry my country is blocked on auto and I'm too lazy to make a account
>>
File: DIY Bingo.jpg (135KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DIY Bingo.jpg
135KB, 600x600px
>>1024199
>i want to commit a felony
>i don't know what the fuck i'm doing
>halp

Don't post this on /diy/. The board you want is >>>/b/
>>
>>1024211
It's a 73 Firebird. The car is next to worthless, nothing about your plan makes any sense, and you do not have the required skills or money to get anywhere with it. No need to go to /o/, they will tell you the same thing. Now let this 404.
>>
>>1024199
How is this /out/ related?
>>
File: revvy.jpg (947KB, 1866x1342px) Image search: [Google]
revvy.jpg
947KB, 1866x1342px
>>1024211
Holy shit thats a 73 formula, if its a 455 4 speed car thats worth a ton of money.
Pic kinda related, my brother is taking apart his 73 formula
>>
>"build it from the ground up"
>can't figure out how to move it
You're gonna want a lot more car xp before trying any shit here., Let's say you don't get arrested doing some stupid heist; you'll still have a hunk of metal taking up most of your garage and a few hundred or thousand bucks worth of parts in rockauto.com boxes that you have no idea what to do with.

I'd say go to /o/ but they'll laugh you out too.
>>
>>1024199
Hey buddy thats a 73 firebird formula, it could have a 400 or a 455 engine (might have some wierd swap though due to the picture)
The 455 is the more valuable option as is the 4 speed m21 muncie over the turbo hydrodynamic transmission.
Dont try and steal it you will not get far, try to find the owner and if not look up your state laws in regards to acquiring abandoned vehicles.
it is hard to title a stolen vehicle so dont even try.
The hood alone is worth 500 and the rims are snowflakes instead of the original Pontiac rally rims and they are worth about 500 unrestored.
Classic cars are great cars top start learning on and dont get discouraged by people telling you cant. Go on firebird forms to try and get tips and advice.
I am the firebird poster on /classic car general/ on /o/ so If you do get the car I can try and help.
(pic is a 70 but the firebird did not change much from 70-73)
>>
>>1024303
>mfw forget pic
>>
File: IMG_1235.jpg (14KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1235.jpg
14KB, 255x220px
>>1024211
>my country is blocked
>ohio

Wut
>>
>>1024495
I don't know I'm not on here on a regular basis it says my country is blocked (united States) maybe cause people like me
>>
>>1024199
>Ram Air hood
>Not shaker Super Duty
Why even live?
>>
>>1024237
the car is outside, duh
>>
>>1024199
>so it can not be tracked if found again

The problem with this is that the VIN cannot be modified (afaik, /o/ please help). You would have to get a title to properly register it, and I'm not sure how you'd do that without the original owners, as I assume they are probably not deceased. I'm talking out my ass though.

If the engine and crank are no good then you'd be wasting your money, though.
>>
>>>/o/
>>
>>1025134
you can register a totally new vehicle but you are at the mercy of the DMV. They don't have to accept your application and its a pain in the ass. Which is why most people just customize an existing vehicle on record.
>>
>>1024199
Driveshafts don't really lock.

But bearings, and rubber does rot.
And brake calipers and shoes sieze.

It will likely make a ton of squealing if you try to move it.
>>
>>1026275
You can get a salvage title on abandoned vehicles, but you'll need to convince some official at the DMV that it's actually abandoned.
>>
File: 16.jpg (76KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
76KB, 600x420px
>>1026367
the engine is probubly sized up and the differentiall might also be stuck.
>>1024199
Just go on /ccg/ op
>>
>>1026475
>image
I'll be in my bunk.
>>
>>1026475
Engine doesn't matter because you're not driving it.

Differential is sealed and oiled. Never seen a siezed one but It could happen.

Best way to check if the differential and engine are free is to put the car in the highest gear and push it forward. It should move a few inches.

You will need to air the tires if you want to move it.

Its at least a 1/2 hour job if you intend to be quiet and if you do it at night in a suburban neighborhood somebody will call the police.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.