[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/door fitness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

Hey my /out/ist frienderinos, what are some good activities to get ripped /out/side?
Climbing seems nice to develop upper body strength, the same with rowing, any others to look for? thanks.
>>
>>1023876
biking
running
swimming
>>
>>1023876
Chopping firewood, or any "living off the land" activity.

I went /out/ for a week while in the middle of getting super bulk. I ended up doing skull crushers with logs
>>
>>1023876
>>1023880
Hiking
X-country/BC skiing
>>
>>1023891
Just make sure you get enough rest and don't overdo it. A bunch of manual labor stuff can easily cause cumulative trauma.
>>
Any good exercise to develop stronger/bigger legs without needing gym weights?
>>
>>1024132
Backpacking with weight
Mountain biking

But honestly, weight training in conjunction is probably best.
>>
I can see her nipples.
>>
>>1024188
Best post
>>
>>1023876
>>1024132
Rock climbing, it's good for your mind, body, and has a great community of /otu/ people to go with it
>>
>>1024188
Those are emergency Skittles.
>>
>>1023876
She is absolutely stunning. God damn.
>>
>>1023876
Is it humanly possible to just climb a tree with no gear? Like the way bears do it where you just scoot up. I've tried but I'm weak and I can't find YouTube videos for it
>>
>>1025964
What kinda tree? Used to do that shit a lot as a kid practically shirtless and barefoot, was pretty darn good.
>>
>>1025934
She kinda looks like Taylor Swift.
>>
>>1025964
I'm thinking a 2' in diameter. Something you'd have to bearhug and scoot up. So far I can only grip it and hang on for a few seconds
>>
>>1026098
Get some tree trimming friends, i know people who can scurry up a tree as if they were covered in fur.
>>
>>1025964
bears do it because they have claws
>>
Push ups, chin ups, planks. Its about what I do at home as well but add in preacher curls to get them arms.
>>
>>1026464
How well does it work for you? I have started doing push ups and curls to develop my arms but I have a feeling that with my shit eating habits (lots of carbs, low protein - I added some oatmeal recently doe) I will have hard time developing my arms.
>>
>>1026472
Eating clean is the most import thing you can do, at the very least get your protein in. your not going to build anything with out it.
>>
>>1026476
Do you take protein supplements? I have always avoided using that, I'm kinda paranoid it will fuck me up somehow.
>>
>>1026485
Now I do, I wanted to cut 10lbs off my weight and it was easier for me to do meal replacement shakes over planned out meals. I buy the cheapest powder I can get, mix it with my shake. I eat 2 of them a day plus 1 real meal.
>>
>>1026485
Like whey? Don't be a dummy its perfectly fine
>>
>>1026492
Oh I see, I'm not trying to loose weight but rather gaining some, ideally 15 to 20 lbs.

>>1026495
>Whey
Yes, but as I said I'm rather paranoid.
>>
>>1026500
Then don't get back on meals, drink 3 shakes a day, What ever you need to do. Id aim for 300cals above your maintenance for bulking. Also your gonna need 150 to 175mg of protein depending on your body size. Add in some preacher curls and your gonna look better then 90% of the dudes around. Also you'll feel better and that's the important thing.
>>
>>1026502
>drink 3 shakes a day
Does that fucks with your bowel?
I feel fine already, I run regularly and do mid distance hikes, I'm just trying to improve them aesthetics lel.
>>
>>1026508
Not at all, gotta remeber the powders are just concentrated proteins from food, You can add Greek Yogurt and cottage cheese to your diet but your gonna at some point get fat trying to get enough protein in
>>
>>1026510
I guess I will have to look into some protein shakes then. Thx.
>>
>>1026508
>does that fucks with your bowel?
Fuck yes, you'll out-stink a rotting skunk and basically be jet propelled.
>>
>>1023898
Proper form prevents that, not rest.
>>
>>1026565
No, it is cumulative trauma from repetitive motion for too long without rest. Without proper form you will just fuck your shit even quicker.
>>
>>1023894
cross country skiing is actually really great because you use your whole body, head to toe

I don't do it often enough, last time I did it I noticed I had used muscles that rarely get exercise because they were pretty sore lol even though I had a manual job at the time and was used to hard work
>>
>>1023898
What the fuck is cumulative trauma? I suspect it is my life as a manual laborer.
>>
>>1026957
Yeah, manual labor makes you at risk.

Cumulative trauma disorders are typically damage to tendons, tendon sheaths, and/or soft tissue. They are caused due to repetitive motions and/ overuse. This is why OSHA is so strict about breaks, etc.

You can read up a bunch more on the specific injuries you can cause from things like painting, brick laying, sawing, using vibrating tools, etc.
>>
>>1026957
Trauma from repetitive stress, for example, if you split your wood by hand with an ax and have either a plastic or thick wood handle, your hands and joints will hurt. That's cumulative trauma, or Vibration White Finger from using a chainsaw without good gloves.
>>
I've got ankle weights, will be carrying a gallon of water in each hand and loaded up a backpack with about 5 gallons of water. Gonna start hiking like this. Anyone else ever attempt the Goku method before? Results? Warnings? Advice?
>>
File: 1492997135165.jpg (34KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1492997135165.jpg
34KB, 396x385px
>>1027235
>a man truly unafraid of how he is perceived by others
>>
File: 20170525_113646.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_113646.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1025964
Anon, it is an acquired skill to bear-hug up a tree. It requires a moderate fitness level, and twice the determination.I've done it a few times, and the worst part i find is having to get down. I advise learning a "parkour roll" as it really saves your feet/joints from injury when you fall/jump. Strattle the tree with some good shoes and try to grip spots on the tree to climb higher. Inch yourself up, and don't doubt yourself. The payoff is pretty nice when you get up to that branch 10-15 feet off of the ground. Happy climbing anon
>>
>>1027235
You're going to snap your shit up. This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.
>>
>>1027265
I am unable to decipher what it is you are trying to get at with that image in relation to the post.

>>1027347
>snap your shit up
What does this mean?
>>
>>1023876

put some rocks in a backpack and hike up a mountain. god tier cardio + leg day rolled into one
>>
>>1026980
>OSHA is so strict about breaks, etc.
Hahahahaha! Household furniture mover, we can take a break for as long as we want, once the trailer is loaded/ unloaded completely and we aren't being paid anymore.
>>
Does it make sense drinking protein shakes when running?
>>
>>1027235
...just go to the gym
>>
>>1025201
+1 can confirm
>>
>>1027853
But going to the gym is boring as fuck. Trying to make gains and drop fat percentage while doing something I enjoy.
>>
>>1028816
Going to the gym is retarded unless you're going for the pool.
>>
>>1023891
skull crushers with logs isn't living off the land activity. it's doing a gym workout outside, with logs
>>
>>1027375
>snap your shit up
He's wondering if your joints will be able to sustain such activities.

How conditioned to high impact activities are you? Hiking/running on trails would be a safer albeit slower way to improve fitness. You can always mix up some bodyweight training if you don't want to hit the gym.
>>
>>1029519
Not everybody has space for a home gym and there's no better alternative to free weights for getting strong.
>>
>>1024132
Mountain biking heavy trails i suppose
>>
>>1027235
Youll have injuries and be in worse shape before you realize it was a shit idea
>>
>>1030495
Fair enough
>>
>>1023876
Mountaineerfag from other thread.

Don't have a strict routine because I'm shit. Typically do high resistance cardio on a cross-trainer elliptical for 30 minutes, 4 times a week. Lift twice a week, upper body. Bench, curls, 25 pull-ups, 25 chin-ups, lots of core work. Rock climb 2-3x a week for 1-2 hours.

In terms of cardiovascular gainz-- did Mt. Hood most recently, 6,000 ft of elevation gain over 5 hours. Was hardly out of breath at the top, no nausea, no muscle soreness the next day. friend unfortunately did not fare so well.
>>
>>1031964
thanks lad
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.