[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking off and living in the wilderness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Hey /out/
Where is there in the lower 48 states of the US could I go and, assuming I have the requisite knowhow and skill, live in the wilderness and rarely, if ever, see another human face?

If I wanted to be a true hermit in the middle of the wilderness, where best to go?
>>
File: U.S_Population_Density_By_County.png (223KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
U.S_Population_Density_By_County.png
223KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>1020412
Private property.
>>
When you reach the age of 20, you'll realize that you can't really ever be a true hermit in the modern world, and when you reach the age of 26, you'll realize that you don't want to be one anyway. Best you can hope for is to buy some property with good coverage from your neighbors by means of hills or woods, set up a cabin or trailer on that, and live minimally, potentially as a tradesman doing jobs from home.
>>
>>1020422
Tell that to the people that were living that way in Ukraine or Russian forests.
>>
File: nps-noise-sound-map.jpg (1MB, 3500x2503px) Image search: [Google]
nps-noise-sound-map.jpg
1MB, 3500x2503px
>>1020419
this is a good one to reference as well
>>
>>1020428
People who willfully abandoned their civilized heritage, or people who had already been living in isolated communities in the forests of Central Asia and Siberia for thousands of years? There IS a difference. Even Dick Proenneke returned to civilization eventually.
>>
>>1020412
addirondacks?...blue ridge mountains?...out in colorado...big bend national park...north central washington state....upstate new york..
>>
>>1020431
The ones who abandoned civilisation. But they mainly did it in the 17th century, after religious reform and schism in Russian Orthodoxy, so they were driven by religious beliefs, and were travelling in communities. So it's not really like going a lone hermit.
>>
>>1020412
>Where could I go that there aren't other people?
If I told you, there'd be other people...
>>
>>1020412
>>1020420
This.

There's an auctioneer who sells small parcels in Klamath County, OR pretty cheap and they are in the middle of nowhere. As long as you put a septic system in, the county will pretty much leave you alone.

You'll probably want to be near the Sprague River so you can drill a well. And you still have to pay property tax, so you need to have some money.

Still have to see other human faces from time to time, but honestly you're gonna need someone for something eventually.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.