[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the creepiest experiences that you guys have had inawoods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 53

File: 1493077943438.jpg (1MB, 3550x2377px) Image search: [Google]
1493077943438.jpg
1MB, 3550x2377px
What are the creepiest experiences that you guys have had inawoods?

>inb4 >>>/x/
>>
File: CRW_0029.jpg (490KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
CRW_0029.jpg
490KB, 1400x1050px
I was stalked by a black burr for several hours while cambin. I was all alone, and it kept approaching my camp. I would make noise and shine my lights at it, and it would slowly walk away. An hour later or so it would come back from a different direction, and repeat. By 2am it kept coming back and I wanted to go to bed, so I had to pack up and bug-out in the middle of the night. Left my hammock and a bunch of other stuff behind, but grabbed my pack, had both my lights on full, hatchet in hand, and I ditched all the way back home through the spoopy dark woods. Went all the way back the next day to collect my stuff.

Was actually pretty unnerving.

Also, >>>/x/
>>
>>1020364
Yea, that definitely sounds unnerving.

I don't think this belongs on /x/, it doesn't have to be paranormal. Your story isn't, but it's creepy.
>>
File: hi_five_meh.png (20KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
hi_five_meh.png
20KB, 493x402px
>>1020368
I know m80 I was just being cheeky and joshin' with ya
>>
>>1020369
Aye haha, cheers.

Glad to hear you were okay. From a 1-10, how scared were you? I think an air horn or some shit would have helped.
Also if that is a picture that you took that a day I can see how it adds to the creepiness.
>>
File: CRW_0042.jpg (463KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
CRW_0042.jpg
463KB, 1400x1050px
>>1020375
It was the same spot but not the same day. The day I was being stalked was in late autumn but not quite as bare.

Not sure how scared I was, it ruined the whole night night though. When you hear something walking through the woods that deliberately it's pretty fucked up, especially when it's coming right toward you. When you have a campfire you know you're compeltely visible but you can't see into the darkness at all, so it's pretty fucked. I kept scampering off into the shadows of a big uprooted tree so I wasn't sitting near the fire, until I finally saw that it was a bear and not a person. In some ways that was a huge relief, in other ways it wasn't.

Pic related, the root ball of the very tree. Was snooping around in the darkness behind trying not to be seen.
>>
>>1020380
I think I rather face a bear then a person, if someone approaches you like that it's probably not with good intentions.
Unless it's cold I think I'll keep the campfire off kek.
>>
>>1020368
burr?
>>
>>1020389
Wat
>>
>>1020390
>>1020364
>>
>>1020389
It's New England, anon. we have burrs and durrs all over the place.
>>
>>1020406
i'm from massachusetts...wtf are you talkinga bout
>>
File: tumblr_lt0ypuugQF1r0qd2z.jpg (17KB, 334x199px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lt0ypuugQF1r0qd2z.jpg
17KB, 334x199px
>>1020413
BEARS
&
DEER

Might I suggest that you're a newfriend?
>>
>>1020416
i am, but i go hiking about every weekend. thank you for translation
>>
File: bikespot.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
bikespot.gif
4MB, 400x225px
>>1020418
nice. what area of MA if you don't mind me acksin? I'm in central MA which isn't too bad, close enough to civilization but enough woods in my own town to camp on the DL, or a short drive/bike ride to state parks and forests suchnot.
>>
>>1020423
I'll tell you straight up. Northampton. Very close to Holyoke Range. I hate the politics here, but otherwise it is nice place.
>>
>>1020426
aah cool beans. I'm on the other side of Quabbin myself. You're in a good spot for /out/.
>>
>>1020364
Pussy
The bear wasn't stalking you, it just wanted your food
If you aren't ready to deal with black bears trying to get at your food, stay home
>>
>>1020432
quabbin is great too when you want a long trek but not necessarily up and down mountains. lovely place. lot of good places in Massachusetts really.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>>1020856
I'm aware that the bear wanted to eat. That's makes it a dangerous situation. Also most bears can be scared off for good quite easily, this one couldn't. So I extricated myself from the situation altogether.
>>
File: IMG_4174.jpg (143KB, 627x794px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4174.jpg
143KB, 627x794px
>>1020856
>>
>>1021144
what the fuck, I didn't know bears could climb that high
>>
>massachussets gay hook up thread
>>
Bah, plenty of paranormal stuff happens in the outdoors. People still see Will-o'-the-wisps all over the world. Story's always the same, no matter the nation: don't follow them.
>>
>>1021255
>paranormal
>>
I watched a light shining on our wild camp, got up and went to investigate it, no light, no sound.
Got back in tent could hear movement outside, peered outside the tent and saw a light dancing on the floor, jumped out of the tent, nothing around.
>fuck this shit
Set up tripwires from guy ropes, pans and other jangle jangle stuff.
No noise so look out, see the light again (talking about like moonbeam shining through he trees, not a torch) no moon.
>fuck this,
go down to the lake for a smoke, trip over the guy rope tripwire and wake mates who shout at me
Get them all up to search
All pissed at me, nothing found go back to bed.
Sit down by the lake, I will keep guard
Sat on a rock, something moves next to me
>scream like a bitch
Turn on my head torch.
>Mfw a hedgehog crawls out of the grass
No idea what the light was
>>
File: geeps_all.png (9KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_all.png
9KB, 261x195px
>>1021333
sounds like a textbook case of alliums anon
>>
>>1020360
>Camping on a mountain top with son and son's cousin
>bad weather
>kids decide to sleep inna truck
>laying in tent listening to thunder
>sound of hail on tent roof like a machine gun
>drifting off to sleep
>hear a buzzing like a bee hive
>grows to a roaring like a train coming over the mountain
>pitch dark middle of the fucking night
>suddenly tent is flat against my face trying to suffocate me
>count to 3 and tent springs up
>suddenly flattens out other direction and again suffocates me
>finally lets up and I drift off to sleep in my broken tent
>next morning
>both tent poles snapped like they'd been run over
>get up, walk down mountain shoulder
>trail of pine trees knocked over in straight line for 2 miles plus
>400 year old huge trees toppled like toothpicks
>survived a fucking tornado in the Uintahs
>never go back
>>
File: mineshaft.webm (3MB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
mineshaft.webm
3MB, 740x416px
This is an actual webm I made. I thought I heard someone talking but it wasn't in english, I'm in the USA. I walked toward it and found this mine shaft, wait til after it goes dark when I hit my high beam and you can see the shaft. Then as I was filming I heard the talking real loud behind me, that's when I turned and looked. This was in the middle of the night kinda deep innawoods and I saw no foot tracks or seen anyone. I can't describe the talking but it was sort of just gibberish.
>>
>>1021359
I'm not expert, but sounds like aliens to me. They say some aliens like cold temperatures(noticing the snow) and also if it was a different human language you could make out words instead of gibberish mumbling.
>>
>>1021373
What's weird is my video (iphone) didn't pick it up. But then it really doesn't pick up much anyways.
>>
Weirdest two things happened on the same outing.
First day, I was looking for a creek I knew was nearby.
Found a burned out pickup, the bed was full of bones. Deer, Virginia possum, squirrels.
Guessing it was either a poacher or a hermit, but still weird to walk into.
Second was finding a hip deep snow pile in the middle of June. The tree cover was so thick that it was easily 20° cooler in the woods, but it still shouldn't have been there. It'd been in the 70s for two weeks.
>>
>>1021393
That is pretty fucking weird. I don't even know how the snow would be possible.
>>
>>1020364
Not in the woods, but I got surrounded by a pod of dolphins once. I always thought it'd be cute like a Disney movie, but I ran/swam like a little bitch to the shore
>>
>>1023367
they could kill you, but mostly they are chill
>>
File: cappinhuk.jpg (43KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
cappinhuk.jpg
43KB, 1600x1600px
One time i returned to my car and found a hook on the door handle
>>
File: STALKERGETSSTALKED.png (346KB, 1876x1427px) Image search: [Google]
STALKERGETSSTALKED.png
346KB, 1876x1427px
>>
File: hauntedSTALKER.png (133KB, 1337x875px) Image search: [Google]
hauntedSTALKER.png
133KB, 1337x875px
>>
File: 1493925392620.png (888KB, 1054x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1493925392620.png
888KB, 1054x1130px
>>
File: STALKERgetsarrested.png (122KB, 1383x963px) Image search: [Google]
STALKERgetsarrested.png
122KB, 1383x963px
>>
>>1023367
When I was diving in the Great Barrier Reef the same thing happened to me, I swam straight back to the fucking boat

When you realise how big and fast they are once they're right next to you its scary as fuck
>>
>>1023312
Being a weed-addled red man savage, I assumed Giiwedin was going to fuck me and noped the hell out.
>>
Driving around on the logging roads of Maine late at night with some friends looking for wildlife. We pulled up on a truck pulled over on the side of the road. We stopped to see if there was anyone in the car, there wasn't. We took our big flashlights and started shining them in the woods on both sides of the road to see if anyone was there, and there was.Atleast 5 people total were crouched down in the woods on the OTHER side of the road from their truck, watching us. We've heard stories about hermits robbing people this way, but we totally forgot at the time. We sure won't forget now.
>>
>>1020360

Nothing
>>
>>1023557
That's the shity thing man, it's human nature to see if someone needs help especially pulled over in a remote area but it can easily be something sinister. A while back we were told to keep driving and call the cops if there was a disabled vehicle in northern Ontario for this vary reason.
>>
>>1023557
>>1023612
Negrœs, I was driving along pretty-much main roads in the White Mountains (NH) with 2 friends one time at about 3am. We were on our way to Mt. Washington because they open the auto road once a month during summer for a "sunrise" drive that starts around 3:30am or so.

Welp, the only other car we saw on the road the whole way was some crazy bitch waving her arm out of her minivan ahead of us, and she stomped on her brakes and stopped in front of us, basically forcing us to stop in the middle of the road, in the middle of the night. She got out and walked up to the window and was clearly FAKE crying, saying "I'm almost out of gas and my friends left me I don't know where I am can you just take a look at my map and show me where I am!!?". Both my friends wanted to help her but I just drove around them, and on the way past her van we saw there were like 5 dudes in it. Fuuuuuuuuuck that. This was in 2010 and I still remind them of it today.
>>
>>1021359
Read Child of God by Cormac McCarthy

That's got me scuurd
>>
Bamp
>>
>>1023543
Insane.
>>
>>1023557
Probably smoking a bowl.
>>
>>1023312
I've run into that before. Granted I live in WNY and we get a lot of snow.
>Late May, we didn't have snow of any major consequence since early April. >Temps were hitting 70s quite frequently
>Fish at some pond by an old landfill site in the middle of nowhere.
>Near pond was huge snow pile
>15 minute walk from nearest road no way a plow could get by.

My two thoughts are that there was a big ice chunk that floated up there and insulated the snow and kept it cold, or kids played ice hockey on there when it was frozen and pushed it all there
>>
>>1023495
Is that where "I wouldn't worry about it" came from?
>>
strange guy wanted me to take my shirt off in the middle of the forest. was pretty creepy even though im a guy too.
>>
>>1024046
What did you do?
>>
Not too spoopy, but I swear I saw a brown bear in SE Missouri. I was canoeing with my ex and her family down a river, and I look over and see bushes shaking, then a massive clump of brown fur waddle up the side of the hill, probably 150 yards out or so. It was probably 4 feet or so at the shoulder (it didn't stand up). I saw it for about 4 seconds before it fucked off into some deep brush.

I told her dad and he thought I was weird.
>>
>>1023675
damn, i am from northern new england and we don't have too many niggers around but damn...
>>
>>1021358

When the titties did this happen? Tornados are usually all the rage innanews when they happen here.
>>
File: img-thing_out.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing_out.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>1021358
isn't your son's cousin your nephew
>>
>>1023675
In these situations you tell the person to follow you until you find a more populated place. If they don't agree you tell them to fuck off, unless you have a gun on you.

She could've faked running out of gas though so you did good, anon.
>>
File: 1492819600261.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1492819600261.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>1024153
>When the titties
>>
>>1024334
Maybe it's more confusing. Like anon's brother is a cuck so he married a girl who had a kid from another dude. So it's his son's cousin by marriage, but his brother's wife's son.
>>
>hiking trip on a trail loop, two days in, stay two days at the deepest camp site and then two days out
>we run into an old grey haired/beard guy walking the trail near the deepest part
>he's got like a grocery bags' worth of gear and most oddly of all he's wearing a three piece suit
>he asks us for food because he "doesn't want to die out here" but we decline
>run into another pair of campers and mention the strange man, they say he asked them for food too
>on the way out (day 4) run into him again, he's clearly not trying to leave the park because he hasn't gotten far from where we saw him before
>he asks for food again
>decline

This is why I fear solo camping, the last thing I need is to get hobo shanked for my peanuts and MREs
>>
>>1021359
Spook. If your still around, what state?
>>
>>1023956
I think those theories are completely possible, but it still sounds strange as fuck. Can snow last that long?
>>
>>1024681
just give him some food, mang
>>
>>1024681
and why didn't you give the man some food?
>>
>>1023455
kek
>>
>>1024122
More likely a cougar or a hog.
>>
>>1024681
when people ask for food, you give them food. He could've been a fairy or some shit and given you a prize for being a good person.
>>
>>1020360
Probably the creepiest thing that ever happened to me outdoors was the period of my life when I couldn't stand to be indoors due to social anxiety, depression and other issues. I spent all my time out in the woods because I couldn't deal with people. The really creepy moment was when I realized how bad I had gotten, and that I was basically a crazy homeless man. The only monsters that I've ever come across while /out/ were the ones inside my own head.
>>
File: IMGP0573.jpg (572KB, 2048x1355px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0573.jpg
572KB, 2048x1355px
>>1025083
How much time outdoors are we talking anon? What was your daily routine like? For how long did this go on?

I had a similar episode (not exactly the same, but similar) a few years back where I was just dying to escape to the solitude of the woods all the time, and every weekend I'd insist to my friends that we go out in the woods for the night, so that's all we did. It was great though, it led to all kinds of adventures. Exploring, urbex, trials and tribulations. We'd all rush home after our jobs, pack up food and beers, meet at one of their houses on the outskirts of town, and then pack it out to the woods and decide what we wanted to get up to that night. And all really because I was going through a rough patch.
>>
>>1024122
Black bears actually are commonly brown or even grey and white sometimes
>>
The thing I'm most afraid of when I go /out/ is encountering other people, especially if I'm off the trail out deep in the woods or something. I think it's partly paranoia but I wouldn't feel safe just seeing them, I'd have to try and hide instead of approaching them, I wouldn't trust them. I haven't bumped into many people when I've gone camping. Has anyone had any experiences like this?
>>
File: scary.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
scary.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
I was just outside and these weird colored clouds were appearing and disappearing. I took a vid with my phone and am kinda surprised it came out. Right when I was about to say what kinda creepy shit is this I felt like I got wind blasted by static electricity. Right now I feel light headed.
>>
File: bigfootvshitler.jpg (131KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
bigfootvshitler.jpg
131KB, 736x736px
>>1020360
It was the Annual /pol/ Campout, 2013. Things were going fine, after we managed to convince the local synagogue that our camp showers would be pumping water, exclusively. Then Anonfuhrer went to relieve himself on a stump. Wasn't a stump...
>>
>>1020360
ooooh fuck op, i've got a couple, and youre drunky im luck enough to wanna to greentext something

>be me
>be 15 on a camping trip with 3 coaches (it was a team thing and my family is all inside-nerds
>camping just off-road, on our way to main event
>early spring, still snow on the ground, not bugs. all our sleeping bags/pads are laid out behind the truck in a line
>wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss
>wander towards the snowmelt stream (sorry, didn't know you weren't supposed to piss in watersheds then)
suddenly two massive yellow eyes snap up and meet mine
>continue pissing, hold the gaze, NOPE my way back to the truck
>drag my bag between the adults and fall back asleep
in the morning i crossed the little stream and checked out where I saw the eyes- distinctive M shaped pattern of some bigass mountain lion tracks. I was a smallish kid and very bite sized
>mfw i pissed in some mountain lion's drinking water in the middle of the sierras and stared that punk down
>>
>>1025159
fastforward to a solo climbing trip in the eastern sierras

>be me, 23 yo
>all set up to car camp in the tablelands
>wind picks up just as i park
>howling through the sagebrush
>decide not to set up the tent in the weird sierra summer storm
>drop the seats in the hatchback and just pass out under a blanket, but...
tap tap... tap tap tap... tap...
>snap on 150lumen headlamp
>nothing outside
tap... tap tap...
>sounds like someone tapping their nails forcefully on the windows
>headlamp, head lights, run around the car with an area light and search beam.
>nothing
>finally fall asleep
>have vivid dreams about demons crawling across the sands and burrowing between my shoulder blades
finally fucking morning
>wake up drenched in sweat, feeling hung over (completely sober), morning air completely still and cool
jump and on edge all trip
never sleep exposed in the tablelands again
>>
>>1025166
got a couple more, but passing out for meow
>>
>>1024681
Not obliging the fae is gonna get you fucked, lad.
>>
>>1025097
This picture is unsettling.
>>1025146
Looks like an aurora.
>>1025166
Man door hand hook car door
>>
>>1025146
Where do you live?
To me this looks exactly like an aurora, sometimes you can see them further south/north than where you normally find them (Arctic and Antarctic circles)
>>
>>1025146
i cant se anything in the video, amte
>>
>>1025174
>This picture is unsettling.
yeah it was a long exposure with weird lighting from our various flashlights and then i pinched their faces for anonymity.
>>
>>1025097
On the weekends right?
>>
>>1020426
I'm from Western Mass I can confirm no one calls them burrs either
>>
>>1025428
i think it is an /out/ thing, not an actual american regionalism.

where in wmass by the way?
>>
>>1025414
y-yes why
>>
>>1020360

Took a massive dump one time, which had lots of liquid with it...when I wiped, there was nothing on the TP, which was 2spooky4me. After that, I never went back into the woods, now I just shitpost on /out/.
>>
>>1021166

Bears can climb even higher, they can climb very damn fast too.
>>
File: fpb.gif (3MB, 385x479px) Image search: [Google]
fpb.gif
3MB, 385x479px
>>1021166
>>1025567
ever seen someone slide down a fireman's pole? watching a black burr climb a tree is like watching someone slide down one of those poles but in reverse. they're fucking fast and they'll go right to the top and look out over the treetops.
>>
>>1025578
can gizzlies do that too? I'm going backpacking alone in alaska next week and i'm kind of afraid of them. Will be buying a gun day 1
>>
I was camping in the woods with my father, me at around age 10. In the middle of the night we woke up to horrible screams near our tent, it sounded like a child screaming in absolute agony. I'm sure it was some kind of animal being eaten or something, but holy shit I was scared.
>>
>>1025578

Even climbing down, they move with speed too. I like how you describe it, a reverse Fireman's pole.
>>
>>1024030
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>1025596

They can climb trees at a pretty decent speed, at least faster than what you and I can do.
>>
>>1023455
You motherfucking kids always parking on my property. One day I'll catch you and your little whore girlfriend in the act and the cops will lock your asses up in juvie.

And bring me back my hook!
>>
>>1025169
Whenever you can post some more, those were good.
>>
>>1025548
Just curious mate, but fuck at least people were willing to go with you. I know nobody that would.
>>
In a mountain near here there is this ancient small hospital / therapy complex for opulent people that is almost completely in ruins in the top of a summit in the forest. There is a short trail that leads there from the road.
As you walk by the trail the surroundings get quieter and creepier, the wind and the birds cease, and all of sudden you are walking away from your friends by a very narrow path almost closed by the ornamental flowery bushes that have wildly taken the place. When you get there the is a feeling like if time has stopped. What makes it even creepier is the fact that there are some windows and rest of the iron plumbing hanging just where they were placed and also some dark holes like the basement stairs, where there is a kind of oven or incinerator, or the underground water cisterns, where you can take a look if you dare.
The two times I have gone there I have had goosebumps just before remembering the creepiness, not after. Funny thing isnt it?
>>
>>1025428
Dude its just a fucking funny way of saying a word. You've never said something funny just for the hell of it? You've never pronounced the Ls in "quesadilla" for no reason?
>>
File: Nigel-Farage-577737.jpg (33KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
Nigel-Farage-577737.jpg
33KB, 590x350px
>>1025698
>Funny thing isnt it?
>>
>>1025146
I just saw an aurora last night. I'm in West Michigan.
That means your photo is very likely an aurora.
>>
>>1025596
>backpacking alone in alaska
You're probably going to be eaten and die but if you get attacked by a black bear fight back, if it's a brown/grizzly/kodiak bear play dead, if it's a polar bear just relax and hope it's a quick death.
>>
>>1025698
I used to be a security guard/janitor at a former college campus. I had to do a lot of stuff in a lot of creepy old buildings.

>>1025597
Foxes make a horrible racket like that, as do fisher cats and some owls. It might have been nothing.

>>1025097
That sounds like a healthy way of dealing with things. For me, it was shit like I'd wake up in the middle of the night (if I could sleep at all) and need to be as alone as I could get, so I'd just go out and sleep in the woods, or whatever. I was in college at the time, and I'd have all these paranoid thoughts, like my roommate was going to stab me, or something. It kind of felt like when people were looking at me, they all were just trying to hold back from telling me how much they all hated me. I felt like the world's biggest piece of shit, and that I was just wasting everyone's time, or energy, or space, or whatever by being around people. I'd go to class (enough to pass, anyway, for the most part) and then just drop shit off in my dorm, and go out in the woods. It was a really small college at the edge of a city, and most of the campus was forest. It was sort of shitty forest, but forest. There was enough that I could forage for food out there (lots of raspberries, cherries, apples, walnuts, wild grapes, garlic mustard, asparagus, etc.) and even a river full of nasty, polluted carp and rock bass and stuff. I kind of miss spending that much time outside, but I kind of don't miss being that nuts.

I still kind of feel like that sometimes, but it hasn't been quite that bad in years.
>>
>>1025146
Yeah, this time of year, as the Earth passes closer to the Sun, the northern lights can be seen pretty far south. I've seen it up around Gaylord where it looks like that. I never thought that that's what it was when I was a kid, because you see those pictures of the Northern Lights in Alaska and whatever where it's so amazingly bright, but Michigan's view of it is so weak. That's what it is, though.
>>
>>1025937
what school was this?
>>
>>1025940
Small, shitty, and very over-priced. Not worth attending, even if you can sort of be /out/ on campus, if that's what you're thinking. It's right next to a major freeway, for one thing.
>>
>>1025940
>>1025943
Oh, and I forgot to mention the sewage treatment plant across the river. That made things stink a lot of the time. All the fertilizer that washed into the river from the nearby golf course didn't help the smell, either. If there was any significant amount of rain, you'd get a smell like scuzzy pond, and also poo.
>>
>>1020413

fellow masshole here

lots of blackburr issues here in the pioneer valley. fucking deers eating all my bulbs from my garden too. one of these days im gonna catch one and rape it
>>
File: geeps_rs.png (34KB, 292x243px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_rs.png
34KB, 292x243px
>>1026029
you spelled durrs wicked wrong anon

but yeah I know how you feel
>>
>>1021358
>camping at oshkosh (big air show)
>been crappy weather all day, clouds moving in that night
>whatever
>wake up in middle of night
>tent is flat against my face and body
>storming like a motherfucker

that morning when we set up the tent my grandfather insisted on putting down foot long screws on each corner to stake the tent to

good thing he did
>>
File: coleman-tent.jpg (72KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
coleman-tent.jpg
72KB, 1200x630px
>>1026077
Noice. I spent the night with a couple friends in one of those obnoxiously huge 3-room "Forest Castle" tents by Colemanâ„¢.

It was still winter where we were cambin, getting below freezing at night, but overall the weather was nice during the day and looked like it was going to be calm. Just for keks we decided to go overboard staking the thing down, and we lashed a tarp over the top and decided to really batten that shit down tight. whelp, lo and behold, at like 4am the first night horrid windstorm with hailstones blows through. i thought for sure the tarp was coming off and the tent was going to upheave around us, but it didn't. the campground was a goddamn disaster zone, but by sheer luck and keks, we were fine.
>>
>>1023367
There are cases of dolphins raping humans, so good call.
>>
>>1026029
Where you at in pioneer valley? South county Berkshire anon here.
>>
>>1025924
>If its black stay back, if it's brown lay down, of it's white nighty night
>>
I was up in the pasayten in North central WA was camping at a stream crossing next to a run down cabin something distinctively bipedal and human in boots sounding walks by my tent with enough force I could feel it a couple feet away. Check with the three other people i am /out/ with two of them are in their tent a few feet away and the other person is in my tent with me. Talk with tent buddy and both of us felt like we were being watched whenever we strayed out of camp to do something. Finally get to sleep wake up at 3am in a cold sweat adrenaline pumping and can hear something moving through the woods breaking sticks other guy in tent is now awake too, that bit could have been an animal though but what walked by my tent was no quadruped and we were 10 miles from a trail head that was 50 miles from nowhere and hadn't seen people in 3 days. Feeling of being watched went away as soon as we crossed the stream.
>>
>>1026295
/k/ had a better solution to this, if its a bear shoot it in the head with an FN FAL
>>
File: 1495772458656.png (631KB, 885x566px) Image search: [Google]
1495772458656.png
631KB, 885x566px
>>1026319
>>
>>1026295
You know, nobody ever brings up Big Bill Broonzy in the /out/ music threads, but that kind of sounds like one of his songs.
>>
File: 107916.jpg (23KB, 440x259px) Image search: [Google]
107916.jpg
23KB, 440x259px
not trully /out/ there, but it was in rural america and creeps me out so here it goes
>2004-2005
>Iraq/afghan war + terrorism is all there is on the news
>be me, 10 years old
>in my childhood home woods went back like 2 miles
>noone owns the woods but I consider it mine
>suddenly a huge mcmansion is built in the woods
>about 10 arab men move in
>Parents sit me down and tell me not to stereotype before i even say anything
>one day, walking in the woods
>Loads of Department of Homeland Security trucks outside the house
>turns out they were members of the taliban and got caught ordering bomb parts
>run back to tell older brother
>he tells me he already knows, and that he has a suprise me
>later that night, he wakes me up and puts pic related on my lap
>we walk to terrorist house
>arab scripture all over the walls
>gold plated everything
>the largest room in the house is a library
>tons of arabic books, qu'rans and prayer rugs all over the floor
>books all over the wall
>get scared and leave the house
>the house was cleared out and just remained empty until I moved

It was odd for such a nice house to be in the middle of bumfuck no where. I think the terrorists bought it and didn't really think about the location. In hindsight it was really dumb of us to walk inside the house because we left our DNA everywhere and we are olive skinned and could be mistaken for arabs. Still one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
>>
>>1026803
that fecked m80. one would imagine the house was under clandestine surveillance at the time you two B&E'd. it's such a good story though, hilarious and a wonderful lark.
>>
>>1021333
Could have been a will-o'-the-wisp. Most people call them fairy lights, spook lights, orbs, etc. Almost every culture on Earth has stories about them and they're seen here and there in the modern day wilderness. They typically behave as if sentient and are often accompanied by high strangeness, including a deafening silence. While you may be kicking yourself, if the light was behaving as if controlled by an intelligence, regardless of human or otherwise, it was probably best to leave.
>>
>>1025938
>Gaylord

Shit bro, there's no need for namecalling
>>
>>1025428
Newfag detected
>>
File: FullSizeRender 16.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender 16.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>1020360
The spookiest thing that ever happened to me actually happened just a month or so ago

> Be 27
> About to immigrate from the US to Europe
> Going backpacking one last time with work friend
> Decide to do 40 miles in West Virginia, Cranberry Wilderness
> Drive from west Ohio to there after work on Friday
> Get there around 2100
> The road is suspiciously gated off about 5 miles from the trailhead
> Whatever, let's hoof it
Let me interject here that Cranberry Wilderness is one of the creepiest places I had ever backpacked before this, so I was already a little spooked. I had never done the northern section before though, so this are was new to me.
> We start hiking in, both very paranoid and creeped out
> Walk around a bend in the road and see pic related from a distance
> I had just watched I Am Legend and so alarms were instantly going off
> Pull out my handgun and approach it cautiously
> Not a boobie trap, just a huge fucking hole in the road that someone had planted a stick in
> Keep hiking, so lots of shotgun holes in signs (common in WV)
> At one point a car comes up the road at us and we fly into the woods along the side
> Jeep slows down next to where we were hiding; we're both totally confused at how it even got there since the road was blocked off
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (1MB, 2032x2974px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
1MB, 2032x2974px
>>1029268
> It slows down to an idle right next to us, then drives off after maybe 30 seconds
> Wait a minute before getting back on the road
> Keep hiking up the road; see that it has fallen to shit and been washed out in several places. We now know why it was gated off
> Keep hiking until we reach the trailhead. We still had 5 miles to do tonight and it was already 2230
> At the trailhead is a campground of sorts
> 5 sites that are maintained by the forest service
> One of these sites has a fire blazing in it
> No people though
> I have my buddy watch my bag while I do circles around the site, looking for tracks
> I only see some shoe prints around the fire pit, nowhere else (I've been tracking for almost 20 years now, so I know what I'm doing)
> Really strange since there were no vehicles, no way for vehicles to get there with all the gates, and no other tracks coming from back up the trail.
> Decide to leave it be, but it really was one of the creepiest things I've seen in the woods (not sure why, really)
> Hike about 2.5 more miles before calling it quits at a river fork
> Pitch our hammocks and anchor our tarps to each other for support since there was a massive storm expected for the whole weekend
> Eat dinner and in bed by 0030
>>
File: IMG_2852.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2852.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>1029269
> Less than two hours later, the storm hits pretty hard
> Wakes me up and I lay there just listening to the soothing sounds (I absolutely love thunderstorms)
> Maybe a half hour later, I hear branches breaking over the sound of the rain. I go about half alert mode, but grab my hand gun just in case
> Silent for a bit after that
> Right after I put it away again, I hear a large crash as if a nearby tree was broken in two
> Full alert
> I know it was probably caused by the storm or something, but get out and check regardless
> Standing naked in the rain with my 1,000 lumen torch, I quickly sweep the immediate area, but don't see anything.
> Buddy sleeps with earplugs and is a heavy sleeper to boot, so he doesn't even wake
> Finally, climb back in my hammock and after some difficulty, fall asleep
> Friend always is the first to wake
> He comes and shakes my hammock to wake me yelling
> Grab my gun, "What the fuck are you talking about??"
> Only really heard the word "bear" in my sleep haze
> Jump out of the hammock and follow him into the forest (naked still)
> We get to the area where we had hung our bear bags, and the tree he had hung his from had claw marks all the way up to the branch he had slung it over. The branch had been ripped right off
> His food bag was nowhere to be found.
> Thankful that it was his and not mine because I always over pack on food and he always underpacks, I offered him some of my extra meals
> Take mine down and head back to camp, pack up, and hit the trail
> Maybe a quarter mile down the trail, we come across these really nice permanent campsites that we could have stayed at
> Sitting in the middle of one is what's left of his food bag, trash thrown everywhere
Now, I had always been under the impression that when bears get ahold of food, they stop and eat it there, not carry it away. At least, I figured that was the rationale behind throwing them your food to distract them in a confrontation.
>>
File: FullSizeRender 6.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender 6.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1029270
> So back to being creeped out again
One of the reasons this place is always so spooky is because of the thick canopy, which makes it really dark on the trail, and because there always seems to be intense fog, like previous pic related. This day was no exception. My buddy always leads and I always bring up the rear whenever we go out, whoever we go out with. This day, the fog was so thick that he would disappear ever few minutes in front of me. I recorded it on my GoPro, and the footage afterwards was pretty neat.
> Continue hiking
> Most of the morning was uneventful, except for the fog stuff
> As we are nearing the summit of the mountain we were climbing, I stopped to take pic related.
> Meant for my friend to be in it for scale, but he walked around that corner before I could get the picture
> Grab my hiking poles off the tree they were leaning on and start around the corner after him.
> As soon as I do, I see him standing there stock still with his face very intent back the way we had come
"BEAR!"
> I grab my airhorn and throw it to him and unholster my gun while spinning around and looking wildly everywhere
"WHERE?!"
> Then I see it
> The damn thing comes flying down the tree I had literally just had my hiking poles leaning against
Now, I've been hiking my entire life and seen dozens of bears all over Canada and the US, especially black bears, but I had never seen one in a tree before. Excuse me, one this BIG in a tree before. The thing was easily chest high and probably 250-300 pounds. But the damn thing came flying down that tree like a fireman's pole
> Wait for the bear to follow us around the corner while friend is using the airhorn.
> Hear the bear running back down the mountain side.
> Once we judge it's clear we keep moving on
>>
File: IMG_2892.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2892.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1029275
> Right after this, the temperature plummets and it starts raining
> The fog still doesn't let up at all
> Start getting lost because the trail is so scarcely used and overgrown
> Not precisely overgrown, but everything looks the same (the ground looks the same in every direction because the canopy killed off all the underbrush). Maybe poorly defined is what I'm looking for
> I take over as the lead since I have more experience tracking than he does
> Make our way to the backside of the mountain.
> At one point, he nearly steps on a quail and scared the shit out of both of us
> Come across pic related meadow
> Great photo op
> We take lots of pictures before moving on
> Now the rain really starts up
> Finally put on my rainjacket and when I go to put my pack back on, notice a shoe that's definitely not mine on the ground
"Dude, is that you shoe?"
> Even before his response, I knew what it would be. We're both very experienced backpackers, and neither of us would bring street shoes like that on the trail
> Go back to half alert mode, scan the trees while we continue to hike
> A couple miles later, we come across an abandoned tent.
> Literally looks like someone had smashed the fuck out of it and left. All the poles were busted in half, it was flattened, and had muddy shoe prints all over the outside of it
> We look at each other and agree to start hiking faster (we already have a pretty blistering pace. We average 2.5-3 MPH in the Appalachians)
> Over the course of the next probably five miles, we see an abandoned tarp (probably the biggest tarp I'd ever seen, really), several more abandoned shoes, abandoned clothes, and finally an abandoned backpack.
> We're both freaked out after the third shoe we found. Like I said, this trail barely gets any use during the summer, let alone the end of winter and after two days, we still haven't seen a soul
>>
File: IMG_2870.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2870.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: 1489414233226.jpg (49KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1489414233226.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
>>1025620
oh but i am
>>
File: FullSizeRender 29.jpg (850KB, 1721x2294px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender 29.jpg
850KB, 1721x2294px
>>1029279
>>1029281
Shit, sorry. I pressed enter too quickly

> Anyways, we hike another 7 miles after the last discarded shirt we see before we judge it safe to camp.
> We had hiked around 20 miles in the rain that day and were exhausted physically, and a bit mentally from whatever the fuck had happened in the woods earlier.
> We set up camp next to this beautiful waterfall
> There were three campsites that other campers had left behind, so we took the one with the best view.
> The rain FINALLY stopped once we had finished setting up our hammocks
> Decide to build a fire tonight to dry out
> Go to the furthest campsite (didn't want to cook dinner near our site after what had happened the night before) and build a fire.
> Collect a shitload of firewood because I'd like to stay up late tonight.
> We go through all the food I have left except a couple of Cliff bars for breakfast and some Ramen for lunch tomorrow.
> Sitting back enjoying the warmth and drying out when I start seeing eyes watching us from the woods
"Dude, what the fuck is THAT?"
> They disappear for a bit
> They come back
> Next thing we know, this god damn deer comes into our camp and just starts walking around us, not going away
> At this point, I've gone full paranoid
"Dude, what if it's distracting us while something fucks with our shit back at camp?"
> Obviously, this is a retarded idea
> But just in case...
> Head back to our campsite and verify everything is still good
> When I come back, the deer still hasn't left.
> The god damn thing just kept circling our fire until we dosed it around midnight.
> We hung up my food bag and headed to bed.
> I didn't really sleep that night because I was so paranoid
>>
File: IMG_2889.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2889.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>1029286
The next day was uneventful hiking out. I gotta say, the road shit was a lot less creepy in the daylight than it was in the dark. Sorry if you were expecting some creepy pasta because it was so long, but it was 100% true. All the creepy shit that kept happening just added up by the end. I think all the abandoned stuff made me so paranoid because I used to do shit like that when I was younger. Go out to campsites and do shit just to scare the fuck out of campers, or dress up in costumes and scare them (for the lulz of course). But it's precisely why I never go to WV unarmed. That said, I would highly recommend Cranberry Wilderness for anyone who lives on the east coast. Plan a route on the south side - it's my favorite
>>
File: 1490608414680.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490608414680.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>1029287
bretty gud :D:D:D

ebin
>>
>>1021333
actual moonlight was shining through the trees and it moved because the wind was moving the branches

you guys bring so much on your journeys, but you always forget Occams razor
>>
>>1029287
That's an awesome story anon
>>
File: urrrrr.jpg (22KB, 612x401px) Image search: [Google]
urrrrr.jpg
22KB, 612x401px
>>1029287
Dude, the fact that this isn't a creepypasta makes it about 10x more spooky because there's no suspension of disbelief required. I'm gonna do some googling on deer behavior to see what the heck possessed it to act the way it did.
>>
File: DURR BURR.png (386KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
DURR BURR.png
386KB, 640x640px
>>1020389
>>1020390
>>1020406
>>1020413
>>1020416
>>1020418
>>
>>1029555
everything this anon says is true
>>
File: FullSizeRender 2.jpg (5MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
5MB, 3024x4032px
>>1029511
The only thing I could think of was that it had gotten used to people feeding it, but there was no one that lived within probably 15 miles of there, not to mention no one else on the trail the entire trip
>>
>>1030260
Did it seem interested in you or your camp or was it just kinda wandering around?
>>
File: IMG_2908.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2908.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>1030263
It would walk up to us and stare and then wonder around. It would shy away whenever one of us would try to touch it though
>>
>>1025924

Reminds me of the news report of that girl that called her mom while being eaten to death by a bear and cubs. Until I read that I used to like bears. Now if I was /out/ in the US I'd be packing a shotgun with slugs, and a pistol, partially to end myself if I ended up in that situation.

Shit will stay with me for life.
>>
I got nutted on by my best friend
>>
File: eFfDQ9P.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
eFfDQ9P.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>Be 15 or so, and living in North Yorkshire in the UK.
>Mum loves the outdoors and at the time is a Wiccan.
>We decide to go on a nature walk, a nice deep wood that curves around an old trainyard, iron-rich red stream near the start, beautiful summers day with the birds singing.
>Get around ten minutes in, if that, following an older couple. Straight well-trod path, deep drop on one side, harsh and noisy climb the other.
>Talking, and look away from the trail.
>Suddenly, chills.
>Birds have gone silent.
>Sudden almost overwhelming feeling of dread, and instinctually we go back to back, and I have my hiking stick raised defensively.
>Couple is missing. Only looked away for less than half a minute, and can see path ahead for a quarter mile, and no sign of them.
>We don't say a world, just look at eachother, and we start making out way back down the trail the way we came, keeping an eye on eachothers backs and blind spots.
>Around the area of the stream, we starting hearing birds again, and the instinctual terror lifts.

That particular /out/ experiance is etched into my brain.
>>
File: KTgDJNh.png (4MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
KTgDJNh.png
4MB, 1080x1920px
>>1031201

And, almost as bad...

>Walking with a friend, twilight, early winter, outskirts of an old town.
>Hear the sound of a woman screaming, sudden, sharp, and cut off abruptly.
>A few seconds later we turn at the same time, in sync, without a word, wide eyes meeting to stare back down the trail (further than we came, since we joined it after that point).
>Twilight, so we can see fine for a long distance.
>Except the point our eyes are fixed on.
>The path is obscured as though it's the start of a tunnel, except we both know from experiance and can clearly see either side is bare trees.
>Feeling of dread, instincts screaming to leave. Hair stood on end.
>We pretty much sprint half a mile side by side, no words.
>Later, we find out that we were only a hundred yards or so from where the local witches used to gather at certain times of year.

I admit this one didn't bother me as much, once the initial fight or flight wore off, because I was older and more jaded towards creepy shit. This I just remember as a fun rememberance.
>>
>>1031202

So, less deadly wildlife here in the UK, but it seems equal levels of spoopy.
>>
I hate it whenever my dog freezes and starts to look into the woods at nothing and looks like he is preparing for a fight.

It might be a bird, a rabbit or nothing at all but I am always afraid that it will one day be something worse.
>>
>>1021359
I can't hear anything
>>
>>1031205
It's good that he does that because he's alerting you somethings there.
Bad or good you'll be prepared.
>>
>>1031426
I know but it's still creepy as shit.
>>
>>1025565
2spooky4me
>>
>>1031201
>>1031202
Mate, those moors are spoopy shit. I love walking them, but they give me a feeling dread sometimes like no other place, seemingly for no reason.

This was the other day
>Get new tent, want to try it out
>Hike about 6 miles from home, just want to do a solo night with the doggo in muh new tent
>Set up camp, start a small fire and cook up some sausages
>reading by firelight with doggo asleep next to me
>bliss
>suddenly, high pitched female screaming
>Doggo is super alert and points me in the right direction
>Get up, blood pumping, someone could have just been attacked or killed
>Screaming again, blood curdling, glad I've got my head torch
>Doggo is super patient, leading me to the right place without trying to run off
>She crawls through some brush, and I can see her waiting for me en pointe
>Find my way around, I can see light dancing around
>More screams
>Fuck this, just push through the brush and cut my shit up on thorns
>Just a bunch of kids fucking around next to a fire
>teenage girl screaming at her friend who's holding a frog
>Leave and mourn the waste of adrenaline.
>>
>>1031201
>>1031201
>15
>mum
>We don't say a world, just look at eachother, and we start making out way back down the trail the way we came, keeping an eye on eachothers backs
>We don't say a world, just look at eachother, and we start making out way back down the trail
>we start making out way back down the trail the way we came
>we start making out
>the way we came
>We don't say a world
Paging dr. Freud, please tell us more anon
>>
File: 1491715269878.jpg (48KB, 593x839px) Image search: [Google]
1491715269878.jpg
48KB, 593x839px
>>1025152
>>reddit.com/r/the_donald
>>
I was tired and and saw hairy shadow people running everywhere and staring at me from behind trees.

I'm schizo, though.
>>
>>1031184
Story pls anon
>>
>>1030271
Really sounds like it was used to being fed by campers, so:
camp fire = people = food
>>
>>1024681
my `ma, a devout catholic, told me that strangers in odd places dressed up in suits or dresses are either satan or jesus in disguise.

she said if he/she is wearing a dark suit or dark dress, its satan. light colored suit/white dress = jesus. she said never engage the former, only the latter. if you encounter the former, get out ASAP as he/she could lead you into a portal to hell (my `ma believes this is what happens to hikers who disappear innawoods and are never heard from again and their bodies are never recovered). the latter will protect you throughout your journey, it helps if you concede food or small talk.
>>
>>1024153
>When the titties did this happen?
It was 3 years ago in August on top of Grandaddy Mountain. We were camped right at treeline and the thing ran straight down the slope through a few patches of trees.

Closest big town is Park City I think. I doubt anyone knew it happened, it was out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. I never saw it, just heard and felt it. The sound was amazing. Like a freight train full of chainsaws. I heard it over the drumming of hail on the tent- it was fucking loud.

>>1024334
My son with my ex-wife. I don't call his cousins my nephews because I'm not married to his mom anymore.
>>
>>1032996
>My son with my ex-wife. I don't call his cousins my nephews because I'm not married to his mom anymore.
Yeah I guess that makes sense. I wish I had kids
>tfw ghey and it's hard to find gay single dads with custody
>>
>>1033020
>it's hard to find gay single dads with custody
I seriously considered it after the divorce because I was hating women and I've always been gay-bait.

Just couldn't get down with the cock, I guess I was born this way.

best of luck, there's probably some out there. I used to work with a bi top that had kids. He was married to his boyfriend and they were together for years when I met them. It can happen.
>>
>>1032850
>be satan
>start wearing a white suit instead
>trick catholics into jumping through my hell portals

thanks for the tips kid
>>
File: 1356580733837.jpg (84KB, 517x370px) Image search: [Google]
1356580733837.jpg
84KB, 517x370px
hold onna your butts
>>
File: goanna cocksucker.jpg (1MB, 1276x1980px) Image search: [Google]
goanna cocksucker.jpg
1MB, 1276x1980px
Not that scary now, I laugh and get bantered about it but fuck me I nearly had a heart attack when it happened.

>end of last year
>go on fishing trip with buddy up in rural NSW, on the Darling river
>second day, fishing is a bust aside from a few Carp, no shade so sitting in 40c sun like a retard all day still desperately hoping to land a Cod
>heat plus a few beers drains my energy by 3pm, decide to go have a nap in the swag
>wake up an hour later because I can feel something heavy on my legs
>think it's my dumbass mate standing on my dome swag because I have it set up right next to the car for shade
>I sit partially up to look through the mesh screen and tell my mate to fuck off
>see a metre and a half long Goanna looking back at me just chilling sitting on the lower end of my swag
>think it might panic and run over me, fuckers have huge sharp claws and would tear both the mesh screen and my flesh to shreds if it did
>grab my pillow and hug it to my torso and almost scream for my mate to get up and get the fucking Goanna off me
>Goanna got spooped and ran up this tree where I got a photo of him
>watched him for an hour while he sat on the tree next to us watching us cook an early dinner when he crawled around a branch and magically disappeared
>didn't bother us for the next 2 days so must have found a black hole or something because they fucking cant resist the smell of food, let alone cooking meat

Always got told to look out for sneks hiding under your swag when packing it up but not this. I have a roof top tent now.
>>
>>1023494
This is pretty good
>>
>>1021359
Might be a smart thing to include sound in your webm when that's what it's about.
>>
In all my years my outings have been really peaceful, but now I remembered a strange (also lame) story.

>I was around 13
>My town had a peat field next to it, 1 km across from town edge
>Summertime, bored, I decide to cross it and check out the woods on the other side
>Find old abandoned house with no access roads in the middle of the forest, slightly creepy
>Lots of berry bushes and the best appletrees I've come across
>So naturally I feast on the berries and apples
>I decide to check out the house. Windows and doors gone, place is very rundown and spoopy for a kid
>Inside the house I hear all these noises, like thumps and skittering, so after 30 seconds decide to leave
>Before I get out wind picks up and I really mean starts fuking blowing
>The house is rattling, loose things are getting whiffed around
>Seriously felt like a tornado hit or something
>I bolt out a window and don't stop until I've reached the forest
>No wind, all is quiet, wonder wtf just happened and trek back home, peeping over my shoulder constantly

Still wonder how that was possible, storm winds blowing only on that exact spot on a calm summer day.
>>
>>1035533
You ever go back?
>>
>>1035538
I really want to but don't seem to find any free time to.
>>
File: 1496718848542.gif (4MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1496718848542.gif
4MB, 500x350px
>>1026311
>mfw I live near Mazama

FUCK ME
>>
>>1023493
Annoying how that guy keeps changing tempus
>>
>>1035922
>tempus
meant grammatical tense
>>
>>1032263
you could've taught them a lesson
>>
>>1025672
I beg to differ
>>
>>1026311
Wow was this post hard to read
>>
>>1026803
should have grabbed a souvenir, thats too cool a story not to have its own momento.
>>
>>1029279
That's a great picture
>>
>>1029511
Previous campers probably fed it
>>
>>1023956
I'm from WNY as well (Rochester area) and it's not unheard of for big snow drifts to stick around for a while after the spring thaw, especially if they're in a relatively shady place and the snow was especially deep. I snowmobile out near Buffalo/Aurora and they can get drifts as big as houses.
>>
>>1025698
You're not talking about the Castle on the Hill in Dansville, NY by chance are you? That place is seriously spoopy. Mostly because the structure is really unstable.
>>
>>1020360
I was hiking at night and saw a gargoyle like demon creature sitting up on a stump next to the trail up ahead of me.
I first noticed it when it was about 100 feet away still. I sort of got cold shivers all through my body as soon as i saw it, basically scared me a bit.
somehow i just kept on marching straight towards it while keeping my eyes fixed on it.
it watching me too, as it sat there waiting for me.
by the time I reached the place where it was, it vanished just as i got there.
>>
>>1031201
>We don't say a world, just look at eachother, and we start making out

hot
>>
>>1035934
Of the penile variety
>>
>>1033733
Really glad I don't live in Australia
>>
>>1033070
sounds like a scene out of Snow White and the 7 cucks
>>
I think I might've gotten tracked by a bear today
>>
>>1036428
well, sing it sista'
>>
>>1036443
Probably not the best story, but here goes
>be a complete fucking retard
>decide it would be a fantastic idea to hit a trail with no one on it at 7:30pm by myself without even so much as a bottle of water
>get about half an hour down the trail
>stop to assess what I'm doing
>notice twig snapping semi nearby on cue with my foot hitting the ground
>walk just enough to get a steady rhythm
>it happens again
>the birds weren't so far away 2 minutes ago
>fear sets in, because I have no idea what I'm doing
>begin gingerly making my way back
>hear synchronized steps again
>freeze
>scan the entire forest with my eyes and ears
>repeat probably a dozen times
>one bird goes nuts whenever it gets close
>along the way hear heavy galloping, obvious quadripedal footsteps, even grunting
It was a pretty long 40 minutes, but there's a first time for everything
>>
>>1036494
That would be quite spoopy for sure, even if you weren't alone. I'm glad you didn't get æten or ræped anon.
>>
>>1023893
i wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>1030271
was it wounded? some wounded animals will walk right up to humans
>>
>>1029287
Excellent story anon. Definitely creepy as fuck. I would love to visit this location! Wish I had some friends that were down for it.
>>
>>1025698
Post pics
>>
>>1032263
>>1031201
S/k/ipton reporting in
>>
>>1029287
I must admit I was expecting some /x/-tier bullshit like "AND THEN A SKINWALKER SKELLINGTON IMITATED MY DEAD GRANDMA'S VOICE!". I'm glad to be wrong, this was an excellent story
>>
>>1035486
The only boards in which you can hear webm sounds are /gif/ and /wsg/; The latter usually has a "Webm with sounds for other boards" threads, like >>>/wsg/1720561, which they could use to post their spooky dawn.
>>
>>1020369
I'm new to this board, buy holy shit are you guys nice to each other. This whole community is comfy as hell.
>>
>>1038039
Pee in a river and see what happens
>>
>>1029275
At least do some research m8. Big bears can weigh 2000 pounds - a 250-300 pound bear is a cub,
>>
>>1020856
>Wouldn't share lunch with a hungry bear
>Pussy

Fuck off, underage anon. I suppose you would have killed it with your katana.
>>
Kind of a dumb nothing story
>be halfway through a 40 mile hike with two friends
>raining off and on, so not many people out
>we're pretty far off into the Alaska countryside
>about 20 miles from each trailhead (it wasn't a loop)
>in valley with mountains on both sides, so only two ways in and out
>set up tent 100 yards off main trail
>fast asleep, 3 am
>wake up to friend yelling
>"HELLO? WHO'S OUT THERE?"
>we both jolt awake, ask him wtf man?
>he says shhh, and calls out again
>no reply
>adrenaline starts pumping
>friend says he woke up to a light shining on the tent
>says it was coming from the direction that the trail is
>relax dude, probably just some late hiker looking for a site. midnight sun and all.
>no, he says, it was something else
>it
>he goes on to explain that the "thing" approached, shining light on the tent the entire time
>it went right over the tent without a sound, and then off towards the mountains
>it stopped, turned around and shined light into the other side of the tent for a minute
>thats when my friend decided to call out
>kindaspoopy.jpg
>friend finally says "oh well, must have been my imagination" and falls right back asleep

Looked for prints in the morning and didn't see anything. I assume it was a solo hiker looking for a tent site and was too scared to reply. Took me and my other friend a good hour to relax and fall back asleep.
>>
>be me
>be in alps
>be with gf
>go on a small day hike
>climb up side of a mountain until we reach nice meadow under steep cliff
>stay there for a few hours
>hear something rustle in the woods nearby
>probably fox or something
>getting dark
>decide to hike back
>back down in the valley
>see someone coming our way on the path before us, before disappearing behind turn of the path
>turn corner 20seconds later
>path is empty
>wtf?
>we come to the place we saw the the figure
>hear steps moving up the mountain
>don't see anything, because of tree cover and approaching night
>look at each other
>continue our way
>>
>>1038257
>later discus event and we both find it creepy as fuck
>decide to go back the next day
>at the path, we find footprint
>barefoot
>length about size 40, but half the width you would expect from a normal foot
>WTF?
>we find track and follow it uphill
>very steep 60 -70%, ground covered in foliage
>we make way bigger tracks while climbing than whoever we are tracking
>climb about 200m altitude
>come to small plateau underneath the cliff
>lose track
>going further up would require mountaineering gear
>going sideways somewhat possible, but full of underbrush, slippery and steep
>no paths
>decide to go to place from day before
>find similar, barefoot, fresh footprint about 20m from the place we stayed the day before
>remember rustling in the woods
>have a intense chill going down the spine
>feel observed
>hear a noise from far up the mountain, like from wood hitting wood

we never found out anything else, but I'd like to go back someday and explore more of the area
>>
File: ForcefulNextHog.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
ForcefulNextHog.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>be a tournament bass fisherman
>sittin up in the pads in the AM because Florida water temps
>pitch
>pitch
>ez LMB
>pic related
>lake is totally calm as it's about 0730
>a section of the reeds about 10ft wide falls straight down
>gator inc
>pads in a straight line fall down like a gust of wind hit them
>pads raise up in a straight line
>bugs scatter around
>no wind disturbance on the water
>no gators swimming below
>have a real shitty feeling about the situation

Water was clear enough to see the base of the pads and I couldn't see any gators or other wildlife below.
>>
>>1038455
2spoopy4me
>>
>>1020360
>What are the creepiest experiences that you guys have had inawoods?

Got drunk with my cousin on a small little 12 foot boat and woke up naked, was pretty fucking creepy.
>>
>>1038455
Probably just a lil' baby dino who wanted to be friends

https://youtu.be/Wy58kS1Deb4
>>
>>1038476
You were raped by your cousin.
>>
Found out a river (now lake) I regularly camp at was once the site of two warring native tribes' final battle. As the story goes, the winners cannibalized the losers and threw their bones into the water, cursing their spirits and binding them to the land. They then moved away never to return. When pioneers later settled the area, there were constant reports of strange activity near the water, people going crazy, etc. Eventually the entire damn valley was dammed up and flooded, under the advice of a local shaman. Today, the area is completely abandoned and only ever visited by ghost-town enthusiasts, as there are still a decent number of gold-rush era buildings still standing.

Kinda spooky. I've seen some odd stuff below the water on that lake myself over the years. Lights and weird things shimmering. If the sun hits the water just right in certain areas, you can actually see old stone foundations of buildings that were destroyed by the flooding (the lake is not very deep).

Leaving for another weekend trip up there tomorrow! I haven't told my friends about the history of this place yet. Should I?
>>
I was duck hunting in Montana and i sat down to eat my snack i heard a noise coming from the thick brush and i thought it was an elk so i waited to see it, the biggest grizzly i had ever seen came barreling out of the brush at me there was a 15 yard river between us so it slowed it down i sprsyed some steel shot at its face with my over under and ran about 3 miles in waiters back to my truck
>>
>>1038526
15 foot*
>>
>>1038524
1. yes
2. take lots of pitchers and post them here upon your return
>>
>>1032996
Yeah but saying son's cousin sounds like you're disowning the part of him that's from from you bro

They're both equally yours aren't they?
>>
>>1033064
are you me?
>>
>>1033070
gives me the chills every time man
>>
>>1035533
maybe just a downdraft idk?
>>
>>1038526
Did you shit your waiters?
>>
>>1023557
pasta, like most of this thread.
>>
>>1038707
No but i pissed them, i had ripped a hole in them earlier from barbed wire so i didnt know until i took them off
>>
>>1023675
why were negros up in white mountains?
>>
>>1020364
>a predator is stalking me
>better walk around in the dark for a while
>>
>>1039098
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockbusting

>>1039842
>spend next 7 hours as literal low-hanging meat
>spend 45 alert minutes escaping the situation
>>
>>1038110
Black bears don't get that big.
>>
>>1029287
Sounds pretty spooky, my dude. Just out of curiosity, what gun do you carry when you go inna and how do you carry it?
>>
>>1024054
What any sane person would do... Stripped naked and started masturbating vigorously, while keeping full eye contact.
>>
>>1029287
If you're not a citizen, how did you buy a gun?
>>
>>1029287
Glad it wasn't another skinwalker story but I was kinda hoping it to be a story about a burr stalking you. Still spooky shit anon
>>
>>1040122

What is private sales?
>>
>>1026295
>if its black, call it a nigger
>if its brown, pull the trigger
>if its white, you're dinner
>>
>>1021359
Weird shit happens in abandoned mines all the time. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>1023367
Dolphins are nature's psychopathic rape monsters.
>>
>>1023367
They raped you but your mind protected you from the trauma by forgetting

to this day you have a tattoo stamped on the small of your back where you can't see it, signifying that you're still their bitch
>>
>>1033733
>filename

Well done, ausfag.
>>
>>1038661
>They're both equally yours aren't they?
no
I share no blood with my ex-wife's nephews.

I just go camping with them sometimes.
>>
>>1020360
A halfway fallen spruce leaning against other trees stood back up right in front of me. It was after a storm a few years ago here up in North.

I have heard that stumps ripped from the ground can close like a clamshell, but I have never heard about an entire tree doing that.

I looked so weird, with the sound of snapping branches and birds taking off around me.
>>
>>1036518
I'm not
>>
File: 1496148758075.jpg (26KB, 239x268px) Image search: [Google]
1496148758075.jpg
26KB, 239x268px
>>1038204
>he hushes you and then screams
>>
>>1038204
>it was something else
>it

do you usually say "he was something else" when you don't know what it was and if it was even a person?
>>
File: 1455010477056.gif (339KB, 213x199px) Image search: [Google]
1455010477056.gif
339KB, 213x199px
>>1038524
>the entire damn valley was dammed up and flooded, under the advice of a local shaman
>>
File: kekles.jpg (8KB, 306x164px) Image search: [Google]
kekles.jpg
8KB, 306x164px
>>1033068
my sides
>>
>>1020360
i got my leg bit by a bear
>>
A girl touched my Willy once. It was pretty spoopy
>>
>>1025943
ucd?
>>
Man charged me with a machete while I was cooking rice. I kept him away with my hatchet and he eventually stopped and ran away. Fucking psychopath. I slept in a tree that night with fire around me.
>>
>>1032850
The way I've read the story is you grant food to any travelers that ask, and refuse any recompense, otherwise you're cursed.
>>
>>1023367
the were protecting you from a great white shark
>>
>>1025938
Dude the Earth is farther from the sun right now
>>
Got a couple shitty stories
>InnaIreland
>Basically no forests anywhere
>Trek it through about 5km of fields with buddys to get to small woods
>Set up camp
>I'm sent back down the trail to get water from pond since I'm the most /fit/
>Run down and hear something following
>Wait at the bottom of trail for a friend to jump out and say boo i gotcha anon
>None of my friends should be able to keep up so I'm a bit spooked
>While gettig the water I hear rustling in bushes near me
>Here something scamper off when I investigate
>Asked my friends if they were tricking on me
>They couldn't have because they had moved further into the woods
Same day
>Walk through the woods
>Hear voices
>Follow voices
>End up at a quarry
>Hear 3 loud bangs one after the other
>Turn 360 degrees and get the fuck out
>When I return friends are spooked
>Say they heard shouting and movement
>Keep hearing unnatural sounds during our stay
Pretty spooky day
>>
>>1043675
Nope. Not a state school of any kind. Just a massive ripoff.
>>
>>1044000
What the fuck... Was he trying to kill you? I honestly would have shot him.
>>
>>1032850
>>1032850
There's a Mormon version too. If you see an angel in your sleep or in person, you should ask to shake it's hand. If you can feel a hand then it's an angel with a resurrected body, if it refuses to shake your hand then it hasn't been resurrected yet, and if you shake its hand and feel nothing it's Satan or a fallen angel. Apparently the latter are bound to try and deceive you by nature so they have to try and shake your hand if you offer.
>>
>>1032287
not him but r and t are side by side on a keyboard
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.