/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /out/ get muscle soreness from hiking? I have done decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: hiking-boots.jpg (32KB, 730x426px) Image search: [Google]
hiking-boots.jpg
32KB, 730x426px
Does /out/ get muscle soreness from hiking?

I have done decent distance hikes in the past, +200km, with little to no problem but somehow last week I did a 10km hike with a small cumulative elevation gain, 600m, and my upper leg muscles are really sore. I don't know if it was the casual shoes I was using or improper eating but I fucked up in some way.
>>
>>1020020
My calves and shins will burn for a day or 2 after doing a hike with lots of up and down, haven't ever had my quads or hamstrings burn.
>>
I know that feel anon... went on a one hour walk last saturday and upper legs sore next day. Was not fun to go cycling next day. They have recovered now.
I think you are onto something with the uphill thing. There was lots of up and down in my walk and I think it was the cause of the sore muscles. I have made the decision that I'm on /out/ too much instead of being /out/. Also, I was wearing some boots that I hadn't worn in a long while that gave very good ankle support so it may have worked upper legs more than usual.
Anyways, I just wanted to let you know it's probably no biggy and you should continue enjoying the great /out/doors... see you out there anon.
>>
I used to do about 250-450 m of continuous elevation most days of the week when guiding.

I found that delayed onset of muscle soreness, especially in the calves/ quads certainly comes with walking uphill. As you would expect the heavier your pack the more you feel it. It's the equivalent of doing a bunch of lunges with X amount of weight.

If you hike uphill regularly you will find your body quickly becomes conditioned and you will no longer get DOMS, unless you up the intensity/carried weight/distance.
>>
>>1020021
It's not even burning but that annoying feeling of inflammation. And think I made it worse trying to /diy/ing some redneck massages kek. But it's normal now.

>>1021024
>I have made the decision that I'm on /out/ too much instead of being /out/.
Yeah I feel the same, my friend. Even though I go /out/ a couple days a week on average, it's mostly beachfag things, and the usual long trip once a year with some residual camping weekends.

But yeah, I too am trying to change that and I'm have been going /out/ into the mountains more often, even if alone. Tomorrow I will go again, maybe an overnight too.

>Anyways, I just wanted to let you know it's probably no biggy and you should continue enjoying the great /out/doors... see you out there anon.
Bro sentence right here, and I thank you my man, have a good one.

>>1021094
I will see how I feel in after the next trips, hopefully it will get less noticeable with time.
>>
File: feet.jpg (19KB, 586x428px) Image search: [Google]
feet.jpg
19KB, 586x428px
When people walk they leave footprints like on the left. But when they start climbing hills their feet splay out like on the right. Do you do that? It's not good and you end up using muscles that you don't normally and they get sore. I used to do this and was corrected by a hiker. I think there is the feeling that you get better traction but I was told it's also not efficient.

Then there could be a lactic acid build up causing soreness.
>>
File: DSCN3839.jpg (825KB, 6400x560px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3839.jpg
825KB, 6400x560px
>>1021165
And these are some of the places I hike to if it matters. We go from sea level to about 4500 feet and the trail is so steep there are ropes in some places. I do get sore but not really a pain type of sore just a wore out sore.
>>
File: IMG_201.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_201.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>1021165
>Do you do that?
I don't really recon doing it voluntarily but it's a possibility. I will take notice of it next times.

Pic related is where said hike took place.

>>1021168
Nice.
>>
>do you get sore when u work out?
Why is this a thread?
>>
File: Beta Ray SIR.jpg (112KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Beta Ray SIR.jpg
112KB, 720x1280px
>>1020020
>this thread

Fucking couchlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>1020020
It's called getting old. Very easy to let go of your health when you're over about 28. All it takes is one winter of not exercising that's much, and by spring, you're weak and easily winded.
>>
My hip joints got sore on a 30 mile hike. Everything else was fine.

Any advice?
>>
>>1021966
see a physical therapist, I had some similar stuff and it will change your life
>>
>>1021177
Was that picture taken in the similkameen valley anon?
>>
>>1021966
If you're like me, it's not actually your hips but rather the tendons/ligaments getting inflamed.

Stretch before you start, and stretch every time you stop.
>>
>>1022082
Not him but I stretch a lot but my hips hurt just from standing on my feet all day. I've experimented with posture and shoes but I'm still not there.
>>
>>1021236
>>1021921
These
>>
>>1022037
No, anon. Southern Europe.
>>
File: 20170319_144457.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170319_144457.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>1022187
Wow :0 could have fooled me
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.