[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to start a fire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: Fire.jpg (1MB, 1944x2896px) Image search: [Google]
Fire.jpg
1MB, 1944x2896px
how to start a fire naturally.

If ever I was stranded while camping, how would I start a fire without a lighter or match and just using things around me like twigs and crap like that.
>>
Rub two sticks together, no more, more less, just two.
>>
A bow drill
>>
File: 5.gif (2MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
2MB, 371x209px
>>1019930
first you master picture releated
>>
File: 1489753273638.jpg (675KB, 1920x1682px) Image search: [Google]
1489753273638.jpg
675KB, 1920x1682px
>>1019935
>muh batoning
>>
>>1019932

doesn`t that take forever?
>>
>>1019933

how do I make that?
>>
look up david west on youtube. bar none the best fire teacher youll find
>>
>>1019957
In the age of instant access to an immense repository of knowledge and information, Youtube being just one, people would rather ask a bunch of Outer Hebrides Yodeling enthusiasts than doing 10 seconds of their own research. Blows my mind every time.
>>
File: 545555.jpg (34KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
545555.jpg
34KB, 400x267px
>>1019930
>>
While we're talking about fires, how do I make a fire without burning down the forest? Is firepit the only safe option?
>>
>>1020057
Err... don't be retarded? Clear the area of any leaves/twigs so it's just bare dirt and can't spread. This also means making sure there's not peat underground because you don't want to be that guy. Don't build it too big/let it get out of control. Have something like water/soil handy just in case. Make sure it's fully extinguished before you move on. It's not exactly hard.

On an slight tangential point, before you do move on, return the area to a condition as you found it. LEAVE NO TRACE MOTHERFUCKER.
>>
>>1020057
Keep it near flammable material (dry grass)
Build it under a low hanging branch
leave it unattended, it can keep for a few minutes
>>
>>1019930
>naturally

Your choices are lightning or volcano.
>>
>>1019930
Without a lighter or a match? Its possible but not easy, you might as well just walk south to not need a fire in the winter.

There are a few methods, but the wood friction plate will always work ..... Eventually......

Its the same shit you have seen in every tv show ever, except the wood or stick isnt going to catch fire. Once you get enough friction heat you need to put moss or wood shavings on. Also, a string or peice of 550 makes turning the stick alit easier.
>>
>>1019930
Can't you use Google/youtube? For fuck sake.
>>
>>1019941
>buys knives with shit steel and plastic handles.

>complains that knives broke.
>>
>>1020452
>forces a tool to do a job that it was not intended for
>exclaims the results to be successful, even though it took more time, effort and stressed the tool significantly more than if he'd just used the right tool for the job
>wonders why he's the butt of most every joke

I can't help you, bro. You need a little more self-awareness.
>>
>>1020455
Right tool for the job fags have always pissed me off since i started building shit.

Sometimes it just makes more sense to use a pipewrench for a hammer. Get over it.
>>
I thought I could pretty much start a fire, but lot to it. especially in the woods. without my go to, lighter fluid.
>>
>>1020462
So like, moss or cat tails. Then also any other material like that.

Use that before tiny sticks.
>>
>>1020457
No it doesn't you just haven't got the right kind of hammer.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
I'm a little michigan chick, I love a great fire as often as possible. I dig my own bonfire pits and start my own fires, I refuse to use lighter fluid. Not to brag, but to give some background- I can start a good strong fire in the rain or snow. It helps to have a pit not just to contain the fire but to offer some wind block while making the fire. In a survival situation dig a little pit- gather fistfulls of grasses and pine needles, harder in the winter but totally possible- gather all you can find sticking from the snow, gather pine needles leaves and bark, find small twigs to thicker twigs, arrange a teepee with your thicker twigs, fill that teepee with grasses and smaller broken down twigs. It's simple from here to light the grasses and start a fire. If you don't have a lighter or flint you can use a magnifying glass, glasses or other reflective surface to concentrate sunlight(when possible) into the grasses to start the flame. I've even seen it done (online) by concentrating a ray of light through a condom full of water. The more creative you are with what you find and what you have may determine how likely you are to survive. You may even have your phone on you- though it may be out of range, dead and seemingly useless- you can use the screen as your reflective surface to concentrate sunlight onto
Your dry grasses. Always carry a flint. You can even salvage them from lighters if you get desperate enough. Potato chips are also flammable and helpful in winter if you have them, use one for the initial lighting.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.