[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

Anyone here got an /out/ related job? Pic related, the two saws we used a few days ago.
>>
I work in horticulture if that counts.
>>
>>1019275
No way. Me too. How much do you drink?
>>
>>1019280
I used to drink two six packs on work nights and a slab (24 cans) on the weekend. Now I don't drink at all. Also I have to ask, where you from?
>>
I had a husquvarna I had to take off the chain break because it wouldn't release or something. was an ok saw other than that.
>>
>>1019274
I'm a part-time fishing guide in Northern MN.
Spend a couple months of the year shuttling rich people from all over the states, and some foreigners, around lakes trying to catch muskie. Make enough in two months to not have to do anything else the rest of the year.
>>
>>1019312
Probably a fucked up spring on it.
>>
Plz use catalog
>>
I work on interstate maintenance if that counts.

Some days I'm cutting down trees, some sign work, equipment operating, dump truck driving, etc.

Prior I worked in factories, and this job kicks ass. Get to be outside all day and everybody here is like friends and family. Even the Superintendent will bring a 12 pack out to us,
>>
>>1019317
I have a buddy that's a catfishing guide. He holds the state record. It's his full time gig and charges up to $600 for a night of fishing. Lives in a McMansion, drives a F350, and owns 4 boats. He's only 25.
>>
Wilderness Ranger for the NPS here. It's pretty much just dealing with poop and poop related trash 99% of the time. Occasionally I get called out on a SAR, which is fun. But mostly it's just telling visitors not to poop on next to the trail, stirring the composting shitters, knocking over the piles of poop in the outhouses and picking up used TP.
>>
File: 1473614902597.jpg (121KB, 528x805px) Image search: [Google]
1473614902597.jpg
121KB, 528x805px
>>1019751
>>
Tree surgeon, climbing and cutting trees alllll day long.
>>
>>1019707
>catfishing guide
>>
File: IMG_6088.jpg (2MB, 1924x2564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6088.jpg
2MB, 1924x2564px
>>1019274
I just scored a pretty /out/ job. I'm doing maintenance work at two different summer camps that are on opposite sides of a mountains. One camp is for elementary school aged kids and the other is for junior high aged kids. I worked maintenance at one of the camps last summer and it was most memorable summer of my life. Worked 8 hours a day and the rest of the time I hiked and explored and made walking sticks out of dead aspens. Some of the counselors at the camp were pretty cool people too. I'm worried I won't have the same amount of free time that I did last summer because I'm head maintenance dude over two camps now. I don't really mind though cause I'm completely off the grid and in beautiful mountains away from most of humanity.

Pic related is where I ate my breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday.
>>
File: IMG_6245.jpg (435KB, 2083x1173px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6245.jpg
435KB, 2083x1173px
>>1021292
Also pic related is an hour hike up a ridge above the camp. Beautiful place to watch the sunrise.
>>
Volunteering with CC in Mt. Zion
>>
>>1019274
Just started as a Youth worker for a place that takes teens out for Mountain biking, climbing, hiking, horseriding etc. Get to do a week long hike/ride/raft trip at the end of the year too.
Pretty much getting kids into /out/ instead of trouble.
>>
>>1019312
Same thing happened to the one i use at my ranch. Not sure what the deal was.
>>
>>1021294
congrats on the access to 12yo girls, anon
I'm jealous
>>
Does Parks & Recs Manager count?

I basically ride around to the different parks in the county making sure nothing is going on, chasing off solicitors, etc. I approve birthday parties, organize fairs/carnivals, etc.
>>
>>1021292
Nice diet, holy shit!
>>
I'm an ecologist in the UK - look for protected species. pretty 1337
>>
>>1021417
kys
>>
File: 1594621_1440736952.jpg (131KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
1594621_1440736952.jpg
131KB, 500x727px
>>1019274
i used to, forestry and nature technician(almost)
but now im a kindergarten teacher (working on my bachelors in social education)
>>
I work for a state (ain't saying which) EPA division of surface water if that counts. Gotta go collect samples and shit from reservoirs/streams all the time. Fucking algae.
>>
File: jTI9w2.jpg (17KB, 233x197px) Image search: [Google]
jTI9w2.jpg
17KB, 233x197px
i help build suburbs, it's pretty /out/ until the job gets finished
>>
>>1019274
Residentail construction. I'm outside but not really /out/. Sucks. Logging sounds fun, I'd do that shit.
>>
>>1019274
USFS wildland firefighter. I get paid to hike in the forest, cut down trees, and dig in the dirt. Sometimes I even get to flood the sandbox.
>>
File: batterychainsaw.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
batterychainsaw.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
>>1019274

Would a small battery operated chainsaw be viable for self defense against wild animals? I don't want the paperwork and hassle that comes with owning a firearm.

I imagine the lower power isn't a problem as flesh is not as tough to cut through as wood, and the shorter run time also isn't a problem as one way or another the altercation will be over with pretty quickly.

I also appreciate that it's silent so I don't attract unwanted attention, like forest rangers wondering why the fuck I am fighting a wolf with a chainsaw for example
>>
Research technician for the USDA. About 60% outdoor work and 40% lab work. I'm pretty happy with that ratio.
>>
>>1023158
How that like? Do you do research? Is the pay good?
>>
>>1024616
Also this.>>1024616
Anybody else have science related job? I'm doing a degree in biochem/chem but i was thinking of doing something more geology or meteorology related for grad school
>>
File: IMG_0114.jpg (855KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0114.jpg
855KB, 1600x1200px
>>1024717
Biologist here. I do consultant work as a field tech. I walk through oilfields looking for endangered/threatened species, mainly blunt nosed leopard lizards, pic related he's on top of the salt bush on the left side
>>
I used to be a construction biology monitor, but then I took a promotion to the knee.
>>
>>1019274
Work as a gardener currently and volunteer ranger. Studying for a career as a full national park ranger or a job in the conservation field as an ecologist in the future.
>>
>>1020582
Same here my nig but im mostly ground/rope guy
>>
>>1024594
I do tree work and I've never used/seen somebody use one. Then again I've never seen someone fight a wolf either.
>God dammit Liam Neeson, we were all waiting for that end fight....
>>
I work in an office. I hate it. But the pay is $70K a year...also I'm not trained for an outdoor job. I'm a biologist who designs clinical trials for pharmaceutical companies. At least I have weekends...
>>
>>1024594
The problem is that battery saws are still pretty primitive, they don't last long and lose most of their strength the second it hits resistance like wood. It's a good saw for carpenters or construction workers where you might cut a plank every once in a while.
>>
I work at the parks department of a suburban city. Not really /out/, but I am literally outside all day. Mostly cutting grass, cutting trees, mulch, flowers, odd jobs. Just a general shit job.
>>
>>1024709

One of my bosses is leading expert on certain types of bug, so yeh research is involved. Pay can be really shit but I'm working for one of the companies doing HS2 and theyre a massive business so I'm on £27k a year.
>>
i am studying to become a hydrologist/hydrographer. it seems to be an/out/ job.
>>
I'm a gardener/bathroom cleaner/litter picker upper for my cities metro parks. Saving up money to get a tattoo knocked back from my wrist to join the Coast Guard.
>>
File: 20170530_133921.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170530_133921.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>1019274
Boom truck operator and groundsman for a tree service company.
>>
Has anybody heard of something called a wildlife technician? I just read about it a little today and seems pretty neat. Seems like it's a lot of tagging/trapping/shooting animals
>>
File: IMAG0135.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0135.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
Studying postgrad geophysics. Worked in industry for a few years after completing honours. Did lots of data acquisition jobs in outback Australia, Eastern Europe and East Africa. Work was hard but was well paid and got to checkout lots of cool /out/ places. Pic from field camp in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia.
>>
File: 2ec.png (497KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
497KB, 600x580px
>>1023505
kek
>>
>>1019274
I work at a restaurant across the street from Bass Pro, does that count?
>>
>>1019274
I'm a wilderness guide for a university in the Southwest. Have guided whitewater rafting, rock climbing, and backpacking trips. Pretty sweet gig, especially for a college student.
>>
Tree planter and hunting guide. Work outside 200 days a year.
>>
File: 1cb.gif (501KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1cb.gif
501KB, 342x342px
neet so I go into the woods whenever I want >:]
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.