[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on going innawoods? Basically, how do I not die within a month?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Advice on going innawoods? Basically, how do I not die within a month?
>>
Know the local area well enough that you don't have to ask here for advice.

Also, poison ivy makes great toilet paper/tinder in a pinch.

Remember to soak your socks in water before long walks to lubricate them against the boots.
>>
ah, /out/
never change
>>
>>1018135
Kys
>>
>>1018128
Go out for a day or two, a few times, figure out what things you could have used but didn't have, or had but didn't use
Then do the same thing over three or four days
Then a week
Etc
>>
>>1018191
this
>>
You'll be found out. You're either loitering on private or public land.

If you mean literal bumfuck nowhere... then maybe.
You need materials for dry shelter and that means road access. Which means you'll be found out.

You can hike and camp but you'll get realky sick and starve very soon.
>>
>>1018128
Shelter (temperature), water, food. In that order.

If you have a reasonable plan to provide all three you're good to go.
>>
>>1018395
>You need materials for dry shelter and that means road access.
Are you really this stupid?
>tent
>hammock
>debris shelter
>>
>>1018128
>how do I not die within a month?
You'll need to know how to fish, hunt and forage vegetables at a bare minimum. Knowing mushrooms and medicinal herbs can be beneficial, but you damn well better be sure of what you're doing, otherwise just stay away from those both.

Sawyer filter, Chlorine dropper bottle (pic related) AND a stainless cook pot. Water is important enough to carry three ways to get it.

You need some sort of way to stay dry when it rains. Depending on what kind of area you'll be in, you may only need a small bivvy, or you may need a larger tent with a stove if you expect you might get stuck in it for days at a time.

You need to know how to build a fire and you need to make sure that you'll be able to start one EVERY time you need it. Knowing how to make your own tinder and keep it dry will be a huge benefit, learn it.

That's food, water, shelter, warmth. There's one other thing you should make sure to have with you: An escape plan. make sure that you have a way to call out for help, a satellite phone or being in an area that has cell reception can be the difference between dying from an insect bite or getting rescued despite a lost leg. Make sure to keep it charged.

have fun, don't die. If you get caught, let us know. I'm sure it'll make a great greentext.
>>
File: 1489128875295.jpg (545KB, 700x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1489128875295.jpg
545KB, 700x1212px
>>1019833
forgot pic.
>>
>>1018395
You sound like a really fun person to be around, 10/10 advice anon.
>>
>>1019924
Does op want advice or friends?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.