[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they reach the top?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Mallory_and_Irvine.jpg (33KB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
Mallory_and_Irvine.jpg
33KB, 400x307px
Did they reach the top?
>>
>>1017909
top of the cock?
>>
>>1017909

No. They died beforehand. Mallory died first. They still haven't found his partner.
>>
Messner and Conrad Anker both said no. There about 3 "steps" he'd have to free-climb to get there, and that is considered difficult even by today's standards.

However, there is a theory that he could have swung out to the right of these obstacles and managed to find his way to the top. It's a possibility.
>>
File: IMG_1438.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1438.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1017909
Yeah
>by the third step the summit is perceived to be much closer than it really is
>this was mallorys final chance to reach the summit after numerous failed expeditions
>they miscalculated the time it would take to reach the top because the less air at 8000 meters slows you down significantly, therefore the photographer at the base of Everest was told to look for them hours before they would have reached the top
tldr: because it's there
>>
>>1019497
>>1019552
I choose to believe.
>>
>>1017909
I really want to believe. I like the idea of two white guys being the first to summit Everest rather than a white guy and a Nepalese brown person being the first to summit.
>>
No, they got fucked up hard by a crazy storm.

>>1019858
Sir Ed was an amazing human bean, what are you on about?
>>
>>1019889
operative words are 'white' and 'brown' -> that anon is a racist
>>
>>1017909
effay af
>>
>>1017909
Nothing matters unless you are able to get down as well.
>>
>>1017909
i mean so what if they made it to the summit. isnt the point to make it back down and live? Its like all the other people who die on the way down, yeah they "summited" but their expeditions were failures cause it cost them their lives.

i say who cares but i also wanna say the 1924 climbers were true pioneers. people still die these days, with sherpas humping their gear for them, modern insulation, improved O2 delivery, thoroughly established routes. these guys were truely stepping into the unknown with less than adequate equipment knowing full well the trip would probably take their lives. not like todays yuppy climbers pampered in 50k of luxury and coddled 3/4 of the way up on fixed ropes and ladders
>>
>>1017909
with enough shade tree internet research you can convince yourself to believe anything OP. believe if you want, if not, fuck the rest
>>
File: IMG_1858.jpg (53KB, 526x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1858.jpg
53KB, 526x390px
Can we just talk for a moment about how fucking good John Noel's film about the expedition is? I've literally never enjoyed an /out/ doc so much.
>>
>>1019893
>racist
Fuck off, Reddit.
>>
>>1017909
Possibly. I think its nice to believe they did even if the evidence for it is circumstantial at best. (E.g. the photo of Mallory's wife he intended to leave at the top wasn't on his body and the fact his goggles were off). Realistically speaking though they probably didn't.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.