[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hardwoods VS Softwoods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: pexels-photo-128639[1].jpg (4MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pexels-photo-128639[1].jpg
4MB, 3072x2048px
Watching you people talk about hardwood and softwood trees is fucking painful. Most of you actually think it means the tree wood is actually either hard or soft. Just read any thread here about axes or batoning and my point will be proven.

A lot of you need to educate yourselves and stop sounding silly. This is the shortest and easiest way to do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-REVw7qjSoQ

You're welcome.
>>
>>1016825
Alright cool, now leave.
>>
>implying i give a fuck
i'll burn anything as long as it's free.

except eucalyptus. fuck eucalyptus.
>>
>>1016832

Who died and made you king of /out/? Fuck off.
>>
>>1016848
the old king of /out/
>>
>>1016854

Nah, mate. Just nah.
>>
>>1016848
No one, just asking you to fuck off.
>>
>>1016825
I'll show you hard wood
>>
>>1016861

Don't have a hissy fit because you didn't know something. It's uncouth.
>>
>>1016870
Don't assume I didn't know.
>>
>>1016874

Your actions refute your claim.
>>
>>1016930
Asking you to fuck off?
>>
File: 041.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
041.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>1016825
Thanks for reminding us, op, about your unbridled faggotry.
>>
>>1016825
Congratulations city boy you learned something from youtube, now kys.
>>
>>1016825

Didn't open your link, but in North America, in general, hardwoods are harder than softwoods. Granted this more has to do with angiosperm vs gymnosperm, but as far as the wood itself, hardwoods (oak, maple, ect.) are harder than softwoods (Douglas-fir, hemlock, cedar, ect).

>but muh balsa and yew

Shut up. The categories were named because they are generally right and descriptive enough.

t. A really drunk forestry student.
>>
>>1016835
wtf is wrong with eucalyptus?
>as in do you want a game of euka lyptas?
eucalypts must be introduced where you are
they are indigenous here in orstralia
I enjoy burning anything that is indigenous...
>>
>>1017139
>wtf is wrong with eucalyptus?
too much oil. and that's coming from someone who will happily burn the pitchiest pine i can lay hands on without a second thought
>eucalypts must be introduced where you are
coastal california. they were brought here in the 1800s because they grow so straight in australia, but for whatever reason they twist like a motherfucker here, so they are completely economically useless. but we still have small forests of them. i really want to introduce koalas here.
>>
>>1016825

this guy's mouth is making me so fucking mad and I don't even know why
>>
>>1017410

Because you're easily affected by words and have soft feelings?
>>
>>1016825
I for one never understood the distinction

while you are an insufferable faggot, as is the guy in the video, today I learned something

not sure what value the distinction is judging wood by the type of seed
seems like it would only be of use in a strictly botanical context
>>
Australian wood is fucked, my 12 tonne hydraulic splitter has a hard time splitting aged logs and won't split some of the logs with knots
>>
>>1019946
https://youtu.be/UQmSqrHOhzo
>>
File: Accurate_Resluts.jpg (93KB, 700x925px) Image search: [Google]
Accurate_Resluts.jpg
93KB, 700x925px
>>1016825
Ops book
>>
>>1019946
I'm currently splitting a few meters of eucalyptus wood. Maybe 50 year old tree.

Wedges, axes, hammers and Satan can only go so far before I just burn the pile whole
>>
>>1020460
Jesus Christ Australians are weak penal colony faggots
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.