[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ Food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: bild_startsida1-1500x1125.jpg (190KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
bild_startsida1-1500x1125.jpg
190KB, 1500x1125px
What are some good camping food recipes for a large group?

I'm going camping with 18 other people and 4 of us have to cook breakfast one morning for the whole group.

Extra points for good taste, easiness, and time.
>>
oatmeal
cinnamon and raisins if your fancy
>>
Meatloaf in foil.
Potatoes in foil
Breakfast casserole in foil

You can make anything in foil, just have something to do while it cooks. Takes about 30-45 min.
>>
>>1016495
Full english breakfast
>>
>>1016495
Porridge oats my man.

Light weight
Expand when cooked
All that's needed is to boil in water
Can flavor with a little sugar or salt.
>>
>>1016495
Car camping or backpacking?
>>
For 3 people;

One cup quick cook oats
One cup powdered milk
Two teaspoons brown sugar
Half cup raisins
Half cup chopped unsalted nuts (pecans, macadamias, hazelnuts etc)
One teaspoon powered cinnamon

Put all this in a zip lock bag. Empty into two cups boiling water, stir briefly and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Adjust ingredients to taste.
>>
>>1016640
Backpacking
>>
>>1016682
This complicates things.

>Oatmeal bar
Oats
Sugar
Cinnamon
Dried fruits

>Breakfast burritos
powdered eggs
cured meat
Dry potato stuff
Shredded cheese
Tortillas

>pancakes
Dry just-add-water mix,
Syrup
>>
>>1016502
>This
>>
>>1016663
I've found that substituting couscous for oatmeal is a good way to mix things up.
>>
>>1016495
Pound of bacon a scoop of lard peas carrots and 20 potatoes in a pot left on the coals at night.
>>
>>1016504
This. My GF made some Mac and cheese she wrapped in foil went very well with our hot dogs and beans :)
>>
File: 20170417_143119.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_143119.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
Me and my mate always take a cheap portable BBQ with us when we go fishing for the day. For our long weekend trips we make more of an effort and do it as /out/ as possible.

This was our first catch of the year, best fish I've had in a long time.
>>
>>1016495
I cooked chicken ramen noodles the other day in a cast iron pot.

Noodles, couple of chicken bullion cubes, jonnys, can of fire roasted tomatoes.

Omfg so good.

Also large polish or smoked sausage in lue of hot dogs. Individual sliced sandwuch cheese. Golden.

Nb4 too much gainz.

Amerifat
>>
>spaghetti with cheese and fried italian/german/polish sausage
>spaghetti with canned meat
>instant buckwheat with canned meat
>instant buckwheat cooked in dry milk
>>
Rabbit stew. I let the meat simmer on the bones until it's all turned white, and then pull all the meat off. Make a roux with butter/lard and Fluor, and add potatoes, mushrooms, and whatever kind of vegetables, throw the meat in and let it boil until the vegetables are the right consistency.
>>
>>1016495
Chili mac and cheese
>boil water
>cook the macaroni
>add the cheese
>add the chili (canned)
It's filling, easy, and pretty good desuuu. It's just a pain in the ass to carry the empty chili cans.
>>
>>1017805
Is that a mackerel?
>>
>>1017966
FUG. doing tgis on my stove tonight. Father in law brought me 2 rabbits yesterday. God bless that man he even cleans them first.
>>
>>1018103
Yes, get loads of them around the South Devon coast this time of year
>>
>>1018107
At the risk of sounding cliche, it tastes like chicken. But MAN is it filling.
>>
>>1016495
lots of Asian foods can be made with dehydrated ingredients that are light weight and shelf stable.
>>
Whys the inside of my trangia kettle turning words color
>>
File: 20170522_165952.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170522_165952.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>1020672
>>
>>1020672
>>1020674
maybe you should clean it every once in a while
>>
>>1020693
how's he supposed to remember, anon? what with the alzheimer's and all.
>>
>>1020706
it doesn't matter because the fluoride in his toothpaste is turning him gay amirite
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.