[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Places in northeast ohio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: p1041391143-3.jpg (251KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
p1041391143-3.jpg
251KB, 580x387px
i wanna do /out/ things but i live in cleveland, and am too young to go too far/long on my own

metroparks arent enough to satisfy my hunger for exploration

what do?
>>
>>1015963
fellow ohioan, but in Western Ohio:

literally the only thing worth going to in this state is Wayne national in SW Ohio.

dude, you can reach any point in this state from any other in 3 hours. why does it have to be in Cleveland?
>>
>>1015963
Ask your mommy to come with you
>>
You're two and a half hours from the Allegheny national forest, bruv, which is basically the /out/ backyard of northeast ohio.
>>
>>1015963
Akronite here, on the border of the NEO region. Good to know about Wayne. Where would the best place be if you wanted to do some camping genuine Inna woods off the beaten path for a week
>>
Cleveland anon here. Go to the Cuyahoga valley. The only place relatively close that you can take a decent day hike of more than a few miles. Depending on how old you are, you should go study forestry at hocking college down in nelsonville.
>>
I'm currently living between Akron and Cleveland, and I spend a lot of my /out/ time dayhiking in the CVNP. I've been to Allegheny and Hocking Hills. I'm planning on backpacking in Wayne National Forest and West Virginia this summer. Anyone have any suggestions for backpacking in West Viginia or western Pennsylvania?
>>
>>1017411
Just got back from a three day solo in the cranberry wilderness in the manongahela national forest in west Virginia. It took me about 6 hours from Cleveland. I'm going back in a couple weeks. I highly recommend
>>
>>1017215
Check out the zaleski backpacking trail. Lake hope state park and waterloo research forest are also in that area. In my opinion, the best innawoods area in Ohio.
>>
>>1017469

I was actually planning to go to the Cranberry Wilderness sometime this summer. I keep hearing good things about it.
>>
>>1017503
It was unreal. So beautiful. And designated wilderness areas don't have trail markers or bridges over creeks so you definitely get maximum innawoods immersion.
>>
>>1015963

how old are you?
>>
CLE HEIGHTS RIGHT HERE

ne Ohio doesn't really have much... go to Allegheny
>>
Can I take my ar with me to Allegheny? Their site on one page says you can bring a rifle. On the next it says you can only bring them during a hunting season.
>>
>>1017593
I might take my mosin if thats the case. hope I can get up there this weekend, seeing this thread gave me the itch to go on a nice hike.
>>
Cuyahoga National park is really close to you.

In Pennsylvania, in Erie is Presque Isle state park. Very cool place for layaking, fishing, biking, and hiking.
>>
>>1015963
scavage for minerals, rocks, fossils, etc, find good wood and carve stuff out of it, find flint and make flintknap axes (heat it to prepare it), lots to do
>>
>>1015963
just be careful so you don't steal other peoples resources, they usually don't like that
>>
>>1017593
Just call the fucking rangers.
>>
>>1015963
come to erie and lets go fishing for radioactive trout
>>
>>1017612
ehhh, the bay is really shitty. also there is a lot of weirdos who lurk the peninsula, specifically me...
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.