[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is geocashing always this gay? I found this in a wooded area

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: 20170515_191200-1.jpg (711KB, 1694x2952px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_191200-1.jpg
711KB, 1694x2952px
Is geocashing always this gay? I found this in a wooded area of my neighbourhood while tending my guerilla garden. There's some toys in it and a notepad.
>>
File: 20170515_191305-1.jpg (815KB, 1734x2883px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_191305-1.jpg
815KB, 1734x2883px
>>1015778
>>
>>1015778
I once found a geocache. There were plastic toys and coins inside this nice ammo can. I stole the can and buried the junk under some rocks
>>
>>1015778
Geocaching would be cool if cool stuff were in it, but it's like the real world equivalent of opening a random chest in an RPG and finding a needle, 2 coins and some gears.
>>
>>1015790
Stop being a faggot. You ruin this for other people.
>>
>>1015792
Literally though

I think they'd be cool if they also brought you to a cool spot like a waterfall or rock formation
>>
>>1015823
>"I wanted those toys! :("

Kill yourself
>>
>>1015831
It is not about the toys you autist it is very cool finding something in the woods that someone else put there and you are now discovering it. If you do not like it the least you could do is stop destroying shit and being a sperg.
>>
>>1015842
Grow up.
>>
>geocashing
>gay

same thing
>>
>>1015778
I found a geocaching one time it had a turd in it.
>>
>>1015792
>needle
>two coins
>gear
Takes me back to my Runescape days.
>>
>>1015846
It's a shitty thing to do, I just put it back after I realised what I found
>>
File: IMG_20170415_122338738.jpg (4MB, 5344x4008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170415_122338738.jpg
4MB, 5344x4008px
Found some earbuds and half a cigar in one once.
>>
>>1015824
They do. This is a very common thing to do.
>>
>>1015778
>not shitting in it
>>
>>1015823
Bitch, I shit in geocahes. Fite me faggit
>>
>>1016141
OP must be some kind of homo or something
>>
>>1016137
Maybe I'll try and find one in a more rural area
>>
This is something kids do on their weekends with dad and with their cub scout troops and stuff. Don't be a jerk.
>>
>>1016278
Should I relocate my tomato and zucchini plants then? This geocache was in a hollow log that was sort of bordering my garden in the woodlot. I don't want people to find my plants and fuck with them
>>
>>1016279
>Should I relocate my tomato and zucchini plants then?

If your poorly sunlit secret deerfeeding vedgie patch is right on a geocache site then yeah you'd be well advised to move it.
>>
>>1015778
Not nearly as gay as guerrilla gardening thats for sure.
>>
>>1016294
I live in an apartment so I set up a garden in a woodlot
You're a gay
>>
File: skellycamping.jpg (114KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
skellycamping.jpg
114KB, 799x599px
>>1015861

Cash me ousside bish!
>>
>>1016289
Seconded
>>
>>1016381
i didnt know skeletons where also into camping
>>
>>1015778
I want to start a stalker geocache but I'm not to sure I can just leave my brothers' old 40 cal ammo in there along with a bottle of vodka. Are there age limits or specific rules to this thing?
>>
>>1015823
EVERYBODY ruins it for everybody else.
Might as well shit in it and let it burn.
>>
File: fBrgPXB.png (99KB, 320x246px) Image search: [Google]
fBrgPXB.png
99KB, 320x246px
OP you know what must be done.
It is our way.
>>
>>1016589
They used to be.
Now they mostly stopped.
There are a few still camping in a few Japanese forests, but that's it.
>>
File: IMG_1364.jpg (16KB, 239x284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1364.jpg
16KB, 239x284px
>>1015778
I sure hope that you pinched a hefty loaf in that thing before putting it back.
>>
>>1015846
Stop geocashing lol
>>
>>1015842
Are you a video game addict pretending your "finding loot irl"? Being out in the woods is cool enough. Searching high and low for a collection of people's garbage hidden is gay as shit
>>
>>1016757
No
Literally none of that is illegal
I can go 4 miles to the nearest beach and find 50 bottles of vodka just thrown around because bums
>>
>>1015823
This. Hardly worth it as it is fag.

Yall think anyone would pay $5 a month to subscribe for cache aite that has at least aome half ass intereating agit for trade? Like local art or something?
>>
>>1016143
Anon must be some kind of homo or something.
>>
>>1016589
2spooky4me
>>
>>1017002
Kek'd
>>
wait, is it actually common for this shit to be stored in ammo cans? if so I may have to do this for a bit
>>
>>1019156
Say goodbye to that tin then.
>>
File: blakes-lotaburger-4.jpg (43KB, 720x541px) Image search: [Google]
blakes-lotaburger-4.jpg
43KB, 720x541px
>>1019156
Come on anon, dont steal the ammo cans, just poo in them and leave it at that.
Stealing is wrong
>>
it's so gay

my house borders parkland and kids are geocaching like 5 meters from the forest boundry

the density of caches is like 10 per square mile, often they are right next to each other

I remove them from time to time in industrial areas where I know the local criminals and drug users hang out, geocaching is like baiting kids to these areas.
I'm surprised geo-caching isn't already begin used by drug dealers for dead drops

usually it's just a paperclip or a broken pen or something, once I found a small clay phalus
in one

but it gets kids outside at least, better than pokemon go
>>
>>1015778
Yes.
>go to help my son's scout troop do it
>wait a minute, there's 3 caches on MY LAND (ultra rural IL)
>trespassing fucks
>go find all the caches
>tiny baggie of shitty weed, half drunk bottle of cough syrup, used condom, and rusty but live 7.62x39 round
>trash it all
>leave takedown request on website with note that its private land, I'm the landowner, and will prosecute trespassers
>they're relisted a week later, exact same spots
>go find them again
>they all contain notes saying "get fucked guy, we go where we want"
>go back on website, note the locations are on private land and that checking them is trespassing, but dont issue takedown request
>set up trail cams on spot
>get a dozen people arrested
>much butthurt ensues
>>
>>1016036
Hope u lit it up atleast queer.....
>>
>>1016381
Story?
>>
File: 90.jpg (20KB, 406x536px) Image search: [Google]
90.jpg
20KB, 406x536px
>>1015865
Lol it was probably this guy
>>1016591
>>
>>1019462
>Smoking skunk weed
I bet you own a wide variety of fedoras too
>>
>>1019448
I like you.

>>1019485
It's been posted a few times on /out/ in the past. I'm exhausted right now and can't remember all the details, but the gist is:
>Someone went camping way out in the middle of nowhere
>I think it was in Australia (might be wrong though because I'm tired)
>Died in their tent
>Tent eventually collapsed around their body
>Scavengers didn't do much damage to the bones because Australia doesn't have many serious scavengers in the Outback
>Bones get bleached by the sun
>Eventually someone else heads out there to camp and finds the skeleton
>Takes forever for the authorities to ID it because it's just a partial skeleton, but they figure it out after another long while
>Photo hits internet
>Various anons post it here
>>
>>1019448
This is fake and gay.
>>
>>1015778
>>1015792

Geocaching would be so much better if all the toys and shit didn't exist. Just a well hidden notebook logging all the people who have found it.
>>
>>1020137
A few prolific geopoopers could fix all this.
We need a unipooper with a manifesto
>>
>>1015779
fuck the flyers. 1975.
>>
>>1020137
Look for micro caches then. It is clear you nor anyone in this thread has even tried to look anything up about them.
>>
>>1015842
It's fucking litter
>>
>>1020621
Agree
Poop on it
>>
You guys I don't think op pooped in it
>>
>father in law goes geocaching
>mother in law a bit reluctant to go rooting through gardens in playgrounds but goes for the walk
>use geocache as a reward/purpose for walks
>picturesque walk down river and over bridge
>father in law points to what appears to be back of private garden (against geocache rules) so he is going in
>mother in law stays on the bridge
>father in law finds geocache pot at bottom of tree
>picks it up
>angry owner of garden shouting at father in law to leave his wife's ashes alone...
Mwahaha
>>
>>1019448
How did you get them arrested?
Did you wait for them to show up?
Did the police spend a bunch of time subpoenaing websites for ips and connecting them to identities?
Sounds like nerd revenge fantasy imo
>>
>>1021396
Do you know what a trail cam is?

They take pictures.

You take the photos the trail cam took to the police (in my case the game warden). They go "hmm yep he was trespassing, any idea who it is?" and you go "fuck no isn't that your job?" and they go "yeah but we're lazy, you do it" so you go back out and set up more trail cams at likely parking spots until you get a photo of the guy getting out of his car with the license plate visible, then you take that back to the police. Then they get a bench warrant, go arrest the guy, guy gets a public defender, pleas it down to criminal mischief, pays a $150 fine without ever going to trial, and that's that.

I did get one guy arrested for fishing in my pond during that time frame that actually did jail time, but that's because he tried to start a fistfight when I told him to GTFO my land so I held him at gunpoint until the game warden got there, and he had a small amount of meth on him and no fishing license. So he got hit with drug charges, poaching, trespassing, simple assault, communicating a threat, and criminal mischief. I *think* he was one of the guys actually putting out the geocaches (didn't live anywhere close, wasn't even from the same county) but couldn't prove it.
>>
>>1017279
Well that's technically littering, but geocaching is different.
Playing human squirrel with some vodka is probably okay.
>>
>>1015846
Hold on... You have, on multiple occasions, deficated in a sealed container that you then left for others to find, and you think someone else needs to grow up? You belong in a group home.
>>
>>1022078
Do not disparage geopooping.
Its a wonderful hobby and a great way to keep geocattching at bay
>>
>>1022267
With the assumption that it's not being done on private land like that one guy was talking about, why is geocaching a bad thing?
>>
>>1022707
Its litter and it gets normies out in the country where they dont belong
>>
Caching can be pretty fun and a good way to pass the time. I usually leave small fossils and crinoids in the ones find.
>>
Got a free pint in one. Pretty fucking nifty.
>>
>>1022707
Because most of it IS done on private land, since 90%(+) of the US lives places with very little if any public land.

Because it's littering.

Because retards and edgelords put dangerous shit in geocaches.

Because it can potentially put know-nothing city folk in danger from the elements when they get in over their head, or from hunters, or from any number of other sources.
>I think a geocacher got shot a few years back during turkey season looking for a cache that was on a state park undergoing a managed hunt despite GTFO signs literally everywhere because "hurr public land"
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.