[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meat Packs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

What is the preferred meat back on /out/?
>>
>>1014771
Eberlestock Dragonfly.

I've packed out a moose quarter with it, and a whole Cou's whitetail.
>>
>>1014957

>Moose quarter.

Depending on the size of the moose, fuckkk that man.

I killed a huge ancient bull moose in a swamp and even the quarters were unbelievably goddamn heavy.
>>
>>1015529
Grow stronger, I put a quarter in a pack and use a sled to drag another if I can safely do so.
>>
>>1015529
Shiras moose. Quarter was around 105lbs. Was a real struggle weight wise but the pack handled it nicely.
>>
>>1015690

I go on a big game hunt once every few years tops.

I'm 150lbs. It took me like 8 hours to get the thing fully cleaned, quartered, and 500m back to the truck in in knee deep water, muck, and grass the whole time. God damnit I did it though.

Still eating that fucker.

>>1015697

Ah, that's a little better, if still heavy. I got about 600lbs of meat packed and butchered out of the one I shot. There was more waste than there could have been too due to my sloppy field dressing and imperfect shot.
>>
>>1015701
If you're only doing it once every few years it's gonna be hard to justify dropping the kind of money the truly good hunting packs cost.

I kill a lot of big game animals every year (10-year average of 9 per year), and hunt all over the US, so it made sense to drop the rather large amount of money on premium hunting kit.
>>
>>1015802

Oh yeah, if you're doing that many hunts a year there's no limit to the money you could spend on your gear and still get your moneys worth out of it.

The moose was my first time out for moose, and I killed on opening day. Kind of spoiled there. I've been out for elk twice, but never killed. A mule deer is my only other large game kill.

Anyway, I'm not even OP, but thanks for entertaining my shitposting.
>>
>>1015811
>The moose was my first time out for moose, and I killed on opening day
FUUUUCCCKKK YOOOOUUUUU
14 years of moose hunting before I got a moose. Never even saw one for 11 of those years, and I've only shot 2 (1 Shiras, 1 Canada).

On the other hand, I'm only missing a polar bear, muskox, Rocky Mountain Bighorn, Jaguar, Desert Bighorn, and Tule Elk for my Super Slam (and just the Desert Bighorn for the Grand Slam).
>>
File: 20170509_153638.jpg (827KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170509_153638.jpg
827KB, 2560x1440px
>>1015820

It was a trip my father took me on after we hadn't seen each other for about five years. We went to Alberta around Hinton during September, and there were 8 total hunters in our camp.

We got a late start the first day due to some vehicular problems, spent most of the day scouting, and I ended up just watching a pond / marsh for the last hour or so of the day to see if anything would come out.

Sure enough, a gnarled old bull with plenty of scars and one good eye (no shit, his other was poked out or something) came out right during the last light of the day. Almost lost him into the woods because I was too excited and took a long time to get my heart rate and breath under control before taking the shot. First shot at 366yards with my .300WM, broke both shoulders and put him on the ground. Had to finish him when I got close, though, due imperfect shot placement on my part that also ruined some of the shoulder meat.

There were 7 other hunters with tags at our camp, including my father. Got everyone pretty excited after I filled mine, but at the end of the week I was still the only person who filled my tag. I could feel the resentment building each passing day.

It's kept me well fed, that's for sure.

Pic related, my dad insisted on getting it mounted. Hanging in his house now because it wont even fit in mine right now.

>On the other hand, I'm only missing a polar bear, muskox, Rocky Mountain Bighorn, Jaguar, Desert Bighorn, and Tule Elk for my Super Slam (and just the Desert Bighorn for the Grand Slam).

Holy shit dude, you're really going for it. Good luck to you! I'm only in it for the meat.
>>
>>1015869
I'm in it for the experience. I have no desire to shoot a jaguar or polar bear (and only shot a mountain lion because it was trying to steal a mule deer from me), and will probably never even draw a tag for the desert bighorn since I'm a nonresident in all the states that have them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.