[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mud/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 15

this general is dedicated to swamps, marshlands, mires
the most /out/ habitat
post stories, share experiences, everything connected with mud and sludge
no normies allowed
>>
File: 08_muddle.jpg (302KB, 1250x598px) Image search: [Google]
08_muddle.jpg
302KB, 1250x598px
Fuckyea I love whettlands! I really don't like open water or swimming or anything, but earthy wetlands like swamps, mires, estuaties, bogs, floodplains, marshes and fens really git my goat.

They're just a concentrated, teeming, fast-paced cycle of life and death that you can see, smell, and step in right before your eyes.

Link related, one of my favourite expeditions ever.

https://youtu.be/claJe28atvo
>>
>>1014606
there is nothing like a good swamp to keep normies and women away, bravo
>>
File: hereward-fens_1634567i.jpg (60KB, 620x365px) Image search: [Google]
hereward-fens_1634567i.jpg
60KB, 620x365px
>>1014614
plus it's a great place to dispose of bodies not that we do that >:]
>>
>>1014616
haha no indeed, we don't kill prostitutes and Stacys
>>
>>1014618
Reported
>>
how do you delete posts?
>>
>>1014594
i live in a marsh area and have my whole life; i have always had a hard time dealing with bugs though. Ive found that covering my face with mud and largely keeping my face down, i can manage. would love to hear any food tips for keeping bugs away tho
>>
>>1014594
>swamps, marshlands, mires
fuck them all. seriously.
as soon as the midday 25 °C season begin mosquitos fuck you up. also finland's countryside is unlivable when it's not winter.
>>
https://youtu.be/953PkxFNiko
>>
>>1014740
NORMIES BTFO
>>
>>1014594
Buddy gets a new Jeep Cherokee and decides it would be a good Idea to go "offroading" on some old logging roads a week after he bought it. First bit of mud he gets stuck. I just kept my mouth shut. He spins the tires and digs himself deeper. I then told him "Maybe you should turn the 4x4 on" but we were still not going anywhere. He continued to spin tires and get frustrated. The mud is now up to the doors. He starts freaking out thinking we will be stuck there all night. I get out of the Jeep and saw down some dead trees. Stuck them under the tires and got us out of there. I proceed to laugh at him for spending 50k on a soccer mom Jeep on the ride back to camp.
>>
>>1015287
he's an idiot but you could be a better friend anon
>>
>>1015287
either you actually don't have any friend so you are lying or you have friends so you are a normie
go away.
>>
>>1014740
Huh? I'm Finnish, and there's nothing wrong in the countryside, any season. Buy some repellent and stop being a bitch.
>>
>>1014747
Wow, that sucks.
>>
>>1014594

I was taking part in a large scale "hide and seek" comoetition last year in the Lake District UK. For the most part, I was the primary navigator. We had to travel 60-70km undetected by "hunting" groups. At some point, I wanted a break from navigating and let the other dude in my team take the helm. 30 minutes later we are standing waste deep in marshland. My team was comprised of two girls, the dude and me.
When I started navigating again, I had no idea where we were on this 10km strip marshes. Took us a couple of hours to get to dry land because we came across impassible rivers. Was probably quite dangerous.
Even though my boots were wet with mud for much of the competition, it was hilarious.
>>
File: ad1c00a.jpg (707KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
ad1c00a.jpg
707KB, 2048x1365px
>>1014594
I love the fact that this is a thread.
Everyday i realize just how likeminded i am with /out/. You guys are the best.
>>
>>1014713
Ive been told garlic is a reppellant, for obvious reasons.. and with an obvious downside.
Besides that, ive been told Vitamin B makes you less appealing to the critters. Be warned: from personal experience, it will make youre pee turn super yellow and slightly smell.
>>
>>1015598

are you a normie?
>>
>>1015598
I like you anon
>>
I like marshes the least out of all the outdoorsy places i could be. Too buggy and it tends to be super humid. I have no issue with mud, its just not comfortable in the marshlands.
>>
>>1015598
Swamps remind you of where life began.
>>
File: seasons.png (10KB, 383x467px) Image search: [Google]
seasons.png
10KB, 383x467px
>>1016019
And how it shall end.
>>
File: 1376925094568.jpg (58KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1376925094568.jpg
58KB, 645x773px
>>1014594
>tfw going for a walk in my local park when I see two little kids in overalls covered head to toe in mud catching frogs and crayfish in a vernal pool whith their mom

Warmed my heart, they were having a blast. Glad some folks are still raising their children right.
>>
>>1014594
SOME
>>
>>1016146
noice. i hope to do that sort of thing someday myself.

https://youtu.be/-V_2bC5HlSk
>>
>>1016148
WHERE OVER THE RAINBOW
>>
File: 1485146149470.jpg (103KB, 433x471px) Image search: [Google]
1485146149470.jpg
103KB, 433x471px
>>1016170
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495021879825.jpg (149KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495021879825.jpg
149KB, 768x1024px
>>1014594
I got stuck
>>
File: IMG_4090.png (85KB, 974x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4090.png
85KB, 974x636px
>the swamp
>looks easy going in
>getting out? Not so easy...
>>
>>1017169
North Africa and the greater Middle East?

Oh I see what you're saying
>>
I hate muddy banks when fishing. Wading and have to be careful with how far you step into it. Also the swamp ass smell, when you see the bubbles float up when stepping in mud underwater. Like a fart.
>>
I like wetlands they're especially beautifully at sunrise
>>
>>1017171
>>1017171
It was a quote by somebody in like the 80s or 90s. Robert Macnamara? I can't remember but I think he was a US Sec of Defense or State. It was right when the US started getting heavily involved in the Middle East politically. He called it "The Swamp" because it's really easy to wander in but can be very difficult to find your way out. He was right.
>>
>>1014606
of course the nigger didnt go in cause she cant swim
>>
>>1017156
Kinda fucking hot, tbqthf.
>>
I live near big cypress national preserve and the Everglades. Haven't had the chance to explore because I need someone to watch my doggo, but hopefully in the fall I'll be able to go have fun in the swamp.
>>
File: IMGP6952.jpg (1MB, 2048x1355px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP6952.jpg
1MB, 2048x1355px
>>1017175
Yeah the day I recorded out in this swamp it was really hard to get near the water. The entire bank was actually a floating mat of roots and vegetation. I was able to walk on it but it would start sinking so I had to keep moving around to distribute my weight. It was pretty firm and robust though, pretty thick roots with shrubs growing out of it, but in the pic you can see the spaces where water was visible. Luckily the recording rig was light enough to sit on it without causing it to sink or shift. Anyway, it was the worst skeetos I've ever dealt with and I got covered in ticks and it was fucking stinky as a wet hippodick.
>>
File: 11090.jpg (502KB, 1999x1350px) Image search: [Google]
11090.jpg
502KB, 1999x1350px
ßumpan for moar mud!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzcYZ4ZwH10
>>
>>1017310
Bro she bout to go in but she don't trust a damn thing whitey say, so she just waited to see them go in first. It's actually quite sensible.
>>
Do any of you guys camp at the Everglades?
>>
Mud!
>Back when I was a kid
>Little bit of construction near my school's playground
>Spring rains happen
>All that dirt becomes glorious mud
>I'm wandering out past the soccer field during recess
>Find the mud
>Get into the mud
>Glorify in the mud
>Go to line up with the other kids and go back inside at the end of recess
>Resemble a small bog monster
>Teacher freaks out, calls a janitor to hose me off, calls my mom to bring me spare clothes
>Sit for an hour reading magazines in the nurse's office in my wet clothes while my mom brings dry clothes
>Think this was a great idea
>Repeat the next day
>And the next
>And the next
>Took a week for the teachers to figure out where the mud was
The school called someone to fence it off the next day.
>>
>>1018675
Accidentally hit post before I was done.

Now I'm an adult. I still get into mud. No lessons learned, besides the important one of mud being awesome.
>>
>>1018677
>>1018675
I love everything about this. But just know, depending on where you live there are a number of parasitic worms that you get from slopping about in mud, puddles, and muddles. Pinworm and threadworm and horsehair worm and other worms. They burrow into your pores and ride your blood vessels and deoending on the type start laying eggs and making colonies in your heart, intestines, or liver. Do be careful anon.
>>
I went hiking through yosemite last week and all the normies (read: asians) were tiptoeing around all the puddles and complaining in whatever chingchong speak they do, while I just walked right on through.
Half of them even had galoshes or hiking boots on.
>>
File: 617.gif (209KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
617.gif
209KB, 500x469px
>>1016100
>When you remember your life will end
>>
File: image.jpg (907KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
907KB, 1536x2048px
Pic related, i dig for worms for fishing and to add to my compost. I realize that the majority of chicks can't handle being /out/. It ain't me, babe, it ain't me. I signed onto my ten acres a few years ago, I've been living here for 9 yrs now. It was the land that sold me. Most of the land is forest and swamp, surrounded by even more forest and swamp. I have to use a 4-wheeler to get through it to make it to the back of the property. The bugs get thick, but many plants will help ward them off. The land here is beautiful, fertile, full of life.
>>
>>1015515
iirc Primus does indeed, suck.
>>
File: thornham_2.jpg (114KB, 717x538px) Image search: [Google]
thornham_2.jpg
114KB, 717x538px
If any uk-anons are looking for a good muddy experience the salt marshes in Norfolk are awesome when the tidy goes out. You can go marsh hopping and get covered head to toe. The mountain bogs are also sweet but a little delicate and slowly vanishing so best not to smash them up.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.