[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strange Noise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (5KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 284x177px
Wilderness Anons: I've got an unknown critter that has periodically vocalized around my house, (rural-residential, Southside Virginia), for a number of years now.

Calls normally come at night into near dawn, often during fall and winter. The vocalizations are of medium-high pitch, exclaiming "Yaaaay-hoo! Oooo-way-hoo!". The volume is such that it echoes clearly on the night air and completely eclipses the neighbor's coon dogs, who are likely closer, based on the echo, (I would say "it" is between 1/3 & 1/2 mile away when I hear it, and it has shifted location periodically, so it's not fenced in). Sometimes the dogs and nearby livestock will begin acting up, sometimes they'll go silent. The vocals can continue for 10 minutes, or just one or two calls. Each time I've heard it since having the presence of mind to record it, it has shut up by the time I'm out the door with the audio recorder.

Thoughts? The only other suggestions I've gotten in other outdoor boards have been, "Bigfoot". Indeed, there is an old legend of the Yayhoo from back in these parts, but my father insists it was just a scary monster story to keep kids from discovering stills in the forests. That being said, I'm familiar with the noises most of the wildlife makes: bobcat, deer, fox, raccoon, barred owls, etc. Likewise can be said for livestock. My research into nocturnal avian calls has yielded nothing, but whatever this is has a set of lungs and can annunciate quite well. That's why I thought weird bird.
>>
skinwalker
>>
I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably nothing.
>>
>>1014399
t. skinwalker
>>
>>1014380
I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably a skinwalker.
>>
>>1014407
The offspring of a larper and a furry... It's worse than I thought.
>>
owl...
>>
>>1014380
Something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbtGYO1zO9E
>>
>>1014620
always thought this sound was a lone coyote out scouting the forest looking for game or mates, doing call-and-response with other coyotes. since I never saw an owl in my life I assumed there were none in my woods. took me years to come across barred owl recordings and realize i was wrong. link related, improperly named recording.

https://clyp.it/ea3bffml
>>
>>1014626
Owls are sneaky bastards. There's a Great Horned Owl that lives around my house, and I've only ever seen it once.
>>
File: IMGP5825.jpg (1MB, 2460x1628px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP5825.jpg
1MB, 2460x1628px
>>1014628
That's cool, at least you've seen it. I guess the closest I've ever gotten was seeing this, which I thought was coyote pooh but I've been told it's an owl pellet
>>
>>1014633
Nah that looks like Coyote scat to me. The hair is from something large, and I don't see any bones.
>>
File: stalkergetoutreeeeee.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
stalkergetoutreeeeee.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
>>1014399
>>
Maybe someone here can help you. https://discordapp.com/channels/295433489552113674/296174093894418444
>>
You don't have to worry about animals making noise.
The animals you would actually want to worry about are the ones who don't make noise.

But you should honestly be more worried about the animal of the human type, you are much much much more likely to die in society than you are camping in the woods.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.