[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SC/out/ING General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Logo Wosm_Pramuka.png (127KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Logo Wosm_Pramuka.png
127KB, 1600x1067px
Everything related to the Scouting movement!

Share your stories, upcoming trips, etc.

Also, anyone else going to World Moot in Iceland this summer?
>>
Will NAMBLA be there?
>>
Not much to contribute, but I went to visit my old troop the other day.
It was sad. I haven't even been away that long, maybe 7 years, but the camp kitchens I built were falling apart, the axes and hatchets I spent entire weekends maintaining were dull as shit.
I wanted to cry. Dunno if I'm gonna go back, it's all so far gone.
>>
>>1013853
That's sad.

Did the leadership change?
>>
>>1013853
You could try to volunteer anon. It's only an hour a week maybe you can improve things
>>
Have my Eagle Board of Review on monday, Pretty excited. Besides that I am a lodge chief in the OA which is super rewarding. Already it has taught me so much about leadership and connections. Anyone else in the OA?
>>
>>1014533
OA right here

What lodge?

Also, are you going to Jamboree this summer?
>>
>>1014533
Congrats on Eagle Scout anon. Working on project now, any tips?
>>
File: 1491700392888.jpg (17KB, 236x330px) Image search: [Google]
1491700392888.jpg
17KB, 236x330px
>>1013770
>leading a trek at philmont with my best friends and their cool dads
>one friend, call him "Gabe, is very similar to piggy from LOTF
>climbing the Tooth of Time
>switchbacks and rock-hopping is raping our knees
>we are now 100 yards from the summit
>Gabe stops and has a blister that our medic needs to sort out
>"Why don't you just wait until after we summit?"
>"No, I am incapable of going further"
>doctoring up Gabe's blisters takes 20 minutes before we are moving again
>as soon as we start hiking again two rangers come down from the summit
>"sorry but there's a storm rolling in"
>we can't summit
>we all walk the long walk back getting rained on and lightning striking the ridge the trail follows
>"I'm sorry guys..."

mfw
>>
>>1013770
Considering joining the rover scouts in Ireland, I was never a scout, but everyone in the generation passed was. Dad didn't feel like the scouts really prepared you for the outdoors anymore and taught me the basics myself then sent me off to learn alone.

I'd like to join to get an insight into the organisation though, even if it's not what it used to be in dad and grandads days it's still a good organisation that gives young people something to do, plus joining the rovers, whilst obviously not a full view of the entire system, would at least give me some insight should I choose to volunteer as an adult.
>>
>>1013770
Anyone else heard the good news? Mormons are ditching supporting the Varsity and Venturing programs. Having worked extensively with Mormon Venturing Crews and Varsity Teams I can safely say that Nothing of value has been lost.
>>
> quit the cubscouts because it was boring as shit and never joined the boyscouts

Feels bad man. I feel like a majorly missed out.
>>
File: Glacier National Park camping.jpg (90KB, 630x472px) Image search: [Google]
Glacier National Park camping.jpg
90KB, 630x472px
>Was never a scout
>love nature, but live in cleveland
I heard venture crews are a thing.. Is it worth joining one?
Is there anything I else can do to get closer to nature?
>>
>>1014950
Do it mate. You won't regret it.

Also Ireland is hosting the next world Rover moot.
>>
Ill be working at a scout camp in NH this summer, dont really know what to expect but im excited.
>>
>>1013770
I'm actually going to the WSM, planning on buying some equipment since weather is totally different than where I live.

What expedition are you?
>>
>>1014533
Good luck anon. I did my board and passed, but it was a week before I started college. I've never found time to do my court.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.