[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is it to sleep out without a sleeping bag?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: thoreau(2).jpg (120KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
thoreau(2).jpg
120KB, 736x552px
So I'm a total n00b and I'm planning to go hitchhiking across southern Europe this June. I have never camped sadly, and don't own a sleeping bag. How hard will it be for me to just sleep in bushes/under bridges; considering that it'll probably be in places with a decent climate (not going to get into the mountains)?

pic unrelated
>>
you underestimate how cold you will be
>>
File: 19091478.jpg (44KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
19091478.jpg
44KB, 500x355px
>Hitchiking across Europe
>Has never camped

I'd recommend going on a few short camps before hand, gradually building up into longer ones. Even if its just a campsite in your hometown or your local woods. You don't want to commit to a trip of that size without some experience under your belt. By doing that, you'll know answers to that sort of thing from your own experience which is far more valuable than anything any of us /out/ists can tell you.
>>
>>1012872
I'm going to be mostly in seaside locations I think, but I'll definitely at least bring a warm blanket. Should I bring anything else?

>>1012873
Of course first hand experience is going to be better than any advice, I was just asking if this seems like something doable to more experiences people; also I'd be very interested in knowing if anyone here's done anything similar
>>
>>1012870
If you get drunk enough you can sleep anywhere.
>>
>>1012870
Yer gonna die.
>>
>>1012870
Just fucking buy one
>>
>>1012870
it's truly awful, awful.

if it rains you get soaked, even if the bag is waterproof getting in an out of it
no way to protect your things
no protection from bugs, dogs, miscreants
can't control humidity at all, if it's warm you will overheat, or suffer windchill if you open it

tuberculosis might be an issue as well

definitely not a good idea for a noob
even drug addled/schitso homeless people avoid it
>>
It can get pretty cold at night even in the summer, especially up in higher altitudes if you end up setting up camp on a mountain m

A sleeping bag is worth it, unless you want to bring a lot of layers of clothes. Sleeping bag is lighter than that alternative.
>>
You will freeze to death retard spend a hundred bucks on a bivvy and a bag
>>
>>1012870
really, really hard
>>
>>1013401
he can juat rub dirt all over himself say hes from syria and get a place to stay a meal and maybe even a a nice peice of local ass.

But thats a double edged sword as you will probably get robbed and murdered if you step into muslim controlled areas.
>>
>>1012870

You should probably try going outside tonight and sleeping without a sleeping bag. That is how cold it could possible get at night. Never disrespect or underestimate nature my man, or you'll be a miserable cunt for a night.

t.
anybody that has ever slept in a hammock without a UQ / pad
>>
>>1012870
If you're tired enough you can sleep anywhere bro.

It's really not hard to do, but some people would disagree. Are you a cupcake?
>>
>>1012870
There are decent sleeping bags under 30€.
Trust me I was wild camping in southern Europe pretty often and the worst nights were without a sleeping bag.
It´s not only the cold, but the masses of bugs and little critters on the bug a sleeping bag protects you from.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.