[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camping in the Pacific Northwest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Olympic National Park, more specifically.
A friend and I are planning on heading out tomorrow to camp in Olympic National Park until Saturday.
Any recommendations on where we should camp?
Also share any PNW camping stories.
>>
>>1012492
ru car camping or do you plan to backpack into someplace?
>>
>>1012492
>Olympic National Park, more specifically.
sorry. i was researching there a couple months ago and i couldn't believe how shitty their dispersed camping and campfire rules are. same with north cascades.
>>
>>1012492
Free camping can be had a bit up the lower Hoh road. Camp is on the left and should be empty this time of year. Its just a short drive up to the National Park. Also more camping can be had toward the mouth of the Hoh river by Oil Can.
>>1012619
Dispersed camping always sucks in National Parks. I don't know of any that allow it. Try DNR or BLM land next time and you'll have better luck.
>>
File: 1487797485046.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1487797485046.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
>>1012697
yosemite and seki both have amazing dispersed camping policies, and campfire policies.
>mfw california wins again
>>
Camping in National forests is the best. You can shoot your funs and if you go innamountain you likely aren't going to see other people. In Montana it's really nice if you live in Eastern WA or Idaho you hop over the border to camp there. You can shoot and cook up a rabbit with a license or anything because they are considered a non-game animal
>>
>>1012492
Supposed to rain the entire time you're gonna be there. Sounds like a shitty time.
>>
>>1013082
Camping in the rain is the best. I don't know what it is, but I just feel better about being in the rain camping. Maybe it's PNW thing? Since I grew up with lots of rain, but don't get as much where I live now
>>
>>1012492
That's a nice photo but that spot is probably under six feet of snow right now.
>>
>>1012619
What do you mean by dispersed camping? You can camp anywhere you want in the park outside of the small quota areas.
>>
>>1012744
Rabbit is non-game in MT? I know what I'm doing next weekend.
>>
>>1012492
Where did you end up going?
>>
Go to rialto beach, camp at cycle camp. You'll see it on the way to the beach. Tell them mo sent you. Enjoy faggot.
>>
>>1014337
Nope.

t. was there 2 weeks ago
>>
File: 20160515_185522.jpg (563KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160515_185522.jpg
563KB, 1440x1080px
>>1014573
Was gonna be heading to that area this weekend but my cat needed surgery so i had to cancel my plans.:( Is it free to camp along the pacific trail? Was considering camping near pic related. What are the fire regulations? figured that I wouldn't have been hassled over such a slow and shitty weekend, but I'd like to know the rules before I head out there later on in the year.
>>
>>1014579
$8 per night. Campfires allowed below the high tide line depending where you are on the coast (there's a stretch where they aren't). You can't camp at Rialto Beach, you have to hike north of Ellen Creek. Bear canisters required everywhere on the coast.
>>
File: rsz_img_20170427_172945.jpg (156KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20170427_172945.jpg
156KB, 1328x747px
>>1014579
If you want to camp on the beach you will need an overnight backpacking permit. There is a campground a mile from the beach, or go to cycle camp like i said as its free. When i stayed at the actual campground i didnt pay and left around 9 am, the ranger never showed up. Depending on how you camp im sure you can get away with stealth camping along the beach, there is nothing out there and when i was there a few weeks ago i never saw a ranger once. Plenty of faggy hipsters with $3k worth of gear on just walking up and down the beach though. Check the surf reports and make sure youre on the beach for low tide at least once, there are many tide pools with crabs, starfish and anemones. You can even watch the otters fuck shit up if you get there early enough. The beach is all rocks so make sure you bring proper footwear. As far as bears and shit i was there for a week cooking, leaving food out etc. and i didnt even see a raccoon. Ymmv.

Pic related
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.