[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AllTrails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: alltrails1[1].jpg (47KB, 705x345px) Image search: [Google]
alltrails1[1].jpg
47KB, 705x345px
What does /out/ think of AllTrails?

I find them useful for researching new routes, but their aggressive upselling of signing up for an account and the Pro version pisses me off so much that sometimes I rather get my info somewhere else. For example when I click on a related trail in the area it forces me to a sign-up page so I have to google "trail name alltrails" and access it from there.

Does anyone have experience with their app? Is the non-premium version useful at all when there's no reception? I would only really be interested in it for downloading the offline trail maps and other people's routes, but fuck paying $30/year just for that. I could justify $10 maybe.

Does the app actually do anything useful at all without a premium account?

Also how useful is AllTrails outside of US?
>>
>>1012471
>35 cents has beeen deposited to your account
>>
>>1012477
You're my hero, anon.
>>
>>1012477
Please rewrite my post so that I get to ask questions about company X without some retard thinking I'm shilling for the company X. If you can do that I promise I'll delete this thread and re-post with your shill-proof version.

Otherwise either answer my questions or kindly fuck off.
>>
>>1012471
>What is caltopo
>>
>>1012503
if you use it enough to recommend it you'd better have a subscription to give the man $20 for all his work
>>
>>1012522
seriously
>what is caltopo?
>>
>>1012471
>won't pay $30/yr ($2.50/mo) for unlimited maps of god knows how many trails
>probably spends $30/mo in junk food or alcohol
>>
>>1012525
caltopo.com. absolutely one of the best map sites on the internet. on par with google maps. shitloads of layers, custom printable topo maps, trail overlays, distances, profiles, bearings.

but for real, if you use it don't be a cheap motherfucker, get a subscription. even if you don't use the extra stuff that comes with it the whole site's run by one guy busting his fucking ass over it and he deserves a little help with hosting fees if nothing else.
>>
>>1012533
This looks pretty nifty, but how the fuck do you even sign up for an account there?
>>
>>1012471
>proprietary software
No thanks anon. Ill keep my freedom thank you very much.
>>
>>1013064
>http://caltopo.blogspot.com/2015/10/subscriptions-go-live.html
>https://caltopo.com/join
his specifically not being a dick about pestering people to subscribe is a major part of the reason i subscribed.
>>
>>1012530
This honestly
>>
>>1013095
That's a good man, but is using the botnet really the only way to sign up?
>>
>>1013265
fuck, i don't know. email the guy if it matters so much to you, you lazy bastard..
>>
>>1012471
I just buy maps. Tyvek lasts forever, water proof, tear resistant, don't have to worry about printing on my black and white printer and not being able to see shit. Don't need to worry about batteries dying. And in a pinch, it can even be used as rain or ground cover.
Worth the 12 bucks for a map I'll use for years.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.