[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Waterproof boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 15

File: slika-1.jpg (110KB, 960x900px) Image search: [Google]
slika-1.jpg
110KB, 960x900px
I'm looking for good boots that will last me as long as possible for wet terrain. Would you recommend these?
>>
Forgot to mention, these are YDS Thor combat boots
>>
Those might be better for invading Poland
>>
>>1012411
Well what would you recommend?
>>
>>1012402
These are made by Altama.

You can usually find a pair between $60-$120.

If you wrap the laces around the back of boot at the top near your calf theres a good chance you can even prevent water from coming in from over the top.

They're 10 inch, which is great for support.

Some folks have baby feet and complain about them hurting. I've never had issues, however if you have this issue this is easily resolved by ordering a half size larger and double-socking or using very thick socks.

Also, tape your feet if you know you get blisters often.

Alternatively, just get some 16 inch tall muck boots.
>>
>>1012402
>Waterproof boots
are a myth
>>
>>1012402
full height boot with gore tex and full leather outer, minimal stitching, I'd recommend a rubber rand. Take care of the leather with wax/nikwax and try to keep the insides relatively clean. I use a clean wet sock inside to help remove some of the grime.

Of course, never keep them in your car, or dry them with hot air.
>>
>>1012436
What a dumb thing to say.
>>
>>1012434
Those do seem nice, but i doubt i could find them where i live.
>>
>>1012411
Sounds good to me.
>>
File: 4 minute mile.jpg (42KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
4 minute mile.jpg
42KB, 533x800px
>>1012402
>>
>>1012402
Meindl Bhutan
>>
>>1012446
Get the best waterproof boots money can buy
Hike all day in the rain
Your feet will be wet
>>
>boots that will last me as long as possible for wet terrain
There's different constructions for boots that will resist moisture to a degree
-Pure wax/grease treated leather
-Leather/canvas with membrane
-Leather with membrane
-Rubber
It just so turns out we can't easily know how water resistant the leather is, wether the membrane was applied correctly, how long it will last etc.
This
>>1012442
is a good overview what to look for.
Also, all of these will get you wet eventually, the rubber ones from within, the other three both from the outside and the inside.
>>
>>1012402
>that will last me as long as possible
Nowadays this can be a bit difficult as most boots have either EVA or PU midsoles. EVA deteriorates (yes deteriorates, not just wears) a little with every step you take and PU deteriorates naturally over time. PU midsoles generally last no more than 10 years tops.
If you want boots that last longer than that you'll have to get a pair with either leather or rubber midsoles as those don't deteriorate like EVA an PU do and usualy are easier to replace.
>>
>>1012557
Sounds like you don't know how to operate a pair of gaiters.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76eBI2cQt20
>>
File: 23498.jpg (83KB, 683x700px) Image search: [Google]
23498.jpg
83KB, 683x700px
OP here
Are these any good?
>>
>>1012913
You took this photo from a side with like three reports from people that (most likely) actually bought them and you want /out/ to tell you wether they are good?
>>
>>1012905
I have a pair
It still doesn't matter

Embrace wet feet
Learn to live with them
>>
>>1013077
>sweat means its not waterproof

Don't have children.
>>
>>1012420
Your feet are going to get wet no matter what. The more "waterproof" your shoe, the longer it will take to dry.
>>
>>1012402
For extremely we terrain, special wellingtons exist, look into hunting wellingtons from Scandinavia
Next best things are Lundhags, or boots with GTX membrane, but they are not as durable.
Good old school leather boots will stay dry if you grease them daily.
>>
>>1012434
Lol, Anon- you are a quick shot with that same post on every boot thread. No insult intended. I think it should be a sticky honestly.

I have Germany Army (Bundeswehr) surplus boots. Used but whatever, b/c $30. Went hiking in them and they were bretty gud. Pic related

Anybody got experience with Rothco Jungle Boots? Kinda wanna nab a pair for the cheap price. Will post a pic & link
>>
File: boott.jpg (218KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
boott.jpg
218KB, 1500x1500px
>>1013197
https://www.amazon.com/Rothco-GI-Type-Jungle-Boot/dp/B018MRF4P8
>>
>>1013132
This
>>
>>1012402
>Would you recommend these?
No, if only because that picture made me throw up from the amount of buzzwords in it.
>>
>>1013197
those are Austrian Army (Bundesheer) boots anon, get your facts straight.
>>
>>1013132
That depends heavily on the construction. Leather with goretex or with leather lining takes forever to dry. Goretex+Synthetics dries quickly. Rubber boots don't get wet in the first place.
>>
I use these and love them, not cheap at all though.
>>
>>1014255
This. These. Yes.
>>
>>1012557
This, feet get wet from the inside despite
> muh goretex
>>
>>1012402
You just need woolen shocks lad
>>
>>1012480
Not gonna lie, they look fresh
>>
File: IMG_5100.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5100.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>1014255
Mu nigga
>>
>>1012402
Is the wet terrain cold or hot? If cold, you should just go gaiters with something 6-10 inch waterproof boot. If hot, better to get something like jungle boots and embrace the wet. If you choose gore-tex it's just going to be super sweaty and you'll get blisters and other mangy foot shit.
>>
File: cabelasrimrock.png (140KB, 380x292px) Image search: [Google]
cabelasrimrock.png
140KB, 380x292px
I am partial to these. Comfy, very functional, won't break the bank... durable.
>>
File: somestockimage.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
somestockimage.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
Don't know if you already caved and bought a pair or not, but the inov8 rocklite 286 gore tex are what I have. I could write you a huge glowing review on them, but I'll leave you with this.

Crossing streams in them soaked the outer completely, but the inside was dry. In 90 degree weather and biking even the lightest pair of shoes would have your feet sweating, and these were no exception. However, after several minutes of rest, my feet were mostly dry again and without having to take the boots off. Hiking after it rains means wet vegetation and mud to really abuse your feet on. They breathe too well, and dry too fast for the vegetation to matter, and mud wasn't an issue. Just walk into a stream to clean them. They handled the briers that had previously torn the fabric on my sneakers without nick anywhere. The soles are extremely flexible, with deep lugs. Some of you might not appreciate the flexibility, and probably would not consider them for heavy backpacking as such. Not saying it is bad or good, just that I appreciate them, and that they will probably not last if you use these on pavement. And don't plan on slipping your Dr. Scholls into here as there is not enough room. On trails and such the upper will probably fail before you run out of sole. They are quite narrow, and I do have wide feet so the laces look clunky and loose, despite the boot feeling tight. However I never once had to worry about blisters from these. If the boot wets out completely on the outside you will feel it. Your feet will be cold (so you might even think they are wet), but you are still dry. These are almost like a minimalist boot for narrow feet.

I'm probably gonna make a boot guide here at some point because of this thread. You will appreciate breathability as much as waterproofness, especially if you're in serious wet.

Waterproofness 10/10
Breathability 10/10
Durability 6.5/10
Comfort 6.5/10
>>
>>1019283
I don't have womens feet. Are they available in wide?
>>
>>1019316
More expensive, and sizes are off, but the rocklite 325 gtx is wider. Peoples main complaint seems to be sizing is small, but width is good if you order the right size.
>>
>>1019384
Think i'll look into them. I have walked through 6 pairs of Merrel Moabs last two years, can recommend them. They don't last more than maybe 600 km for me, but they are instantly comfy.
>>
Rubber Wellingtons and overalls if you actually intend to be wading through knee-deep water on a regular basis.
>>
>>1019283
These look pretty promising, thanks.
>>
>>
File: 88020_black_f (2).jpg (336KB, 1400x871px) Image search: [Google]
88020_black_f (2).jpg
336KB, 1400x871px
>>
File: 30800?$danner_13_pdp$.jpg (202KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
30800?$danner_13_pdp$.jpg
202KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>1014255
I also use these but they are certainly NOT long lasting. Mine lasted barely over a season before the goretex lining was compromised on the toe bend.

And as it's a cloth boot covered in fucking stitching, as soon as the membrane lets go you're fucked.

I'm undecided what to do about replacements. I like lightweight boots otherwise I'd be all over full grain leather booties
>>
>>1012402
Why are boots always retarded as fuck?
>gay designs like
>>1019488
>>1014255
>huge toe area like
>>1019490
Dont last very long like
>>1013198
>muh branding like
>>1018720
>muh far too light like
>>1019283

Not one single company makes a boot that i WANT to buy.
Always end up compromising and needing a second pair
>>
>>1012402
Muckboots
>>
File: aheago.jpg (133KB, 536x593px) Image search: [Google]
aheago.jpg
133KB, 536x593px
>>1012402
>mfw I worked at Sierra Trading Post this summer and bagged a pair of ASOLO Neutron Goretex hiking boots that fit perfectly
>Used my employee discount
>$243 value for only $80
>Light as fuck
>Waterproof but breathable

I came
>>
>>1021204
Have you considered it might be your taste that is the problem?
>>
>>1022136
>know what i want
>no one makes it
Yeah its totally me, moron
>>
>>1022246
get together with a shoe scientist and make it yourself
>>
>>1022274
I don't know why, but the profession "shoe scientist" just killed me.
>>
File: 1800 usd.jpg (303KB, 1640x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1800 usd.jpg
303KB, 1640x1093px
>>
>>1022246
Why don't you tell us then instead of whining about what you don't want, faggot.
Anyway
>>1022343
there's a large market for bespoke traditional boots. Some of them will probably even let you dsign your own boot for the right price. Such is the consquence of being a special little snowflake.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.