[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Offgrid Lifestyle.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: UrbanFarm.jpg (41KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
UrbanFarm.jpg
41KB, 600x400px
What is the best county in the US to build an offgrid "experimental" community?
I'm thinking of buying a plot of land now until i can move to it to develop on it my entire life.
How hard will this be if im not a degenerate retard? (I'm not)
>>
>>1012300
Taos, NM
>>
>>1012300
maine. if you can build a greenhouse it will be warm all year, plenty of cheap land and low taxes.
>>
>>1012300

You'd probably do very well in some counties in South Mississippi. Lots of cheap land on the outskirts of small towns in case you need help.

I'm not sure how effective a one-person effort would be. What you are describing is why families used to have 12+ kids. Kids were farmhands. Contrary to popular belief, most white southerners were very poor and did not own slaves. So, part of the declining birthrate over the years is that children were not "needed" to help everybody survive.
>>
>>1012302
Lol. I used to be a mapper. Nm has insane counties i should have anticipated this.

But really, a county itself ruins the search. And i sure as fuck ain't setting you up next to me.

Main things to look for is water source, away from industry, away from interstates and personally i like coastal regions.
>>
>>1012307
GIS is perfect for this type of question. Just need to weight everything correctly.
>>
>>1012323
Yea i was a college flunkie hire to the premier flood solution gis. I handled client requests(this was back in the motgage boom) and programmed their database between. GIS is nuts if you can acess the right databases. When i leftwe had platmap overlays of literally everything. Like even north east crazy french 100x1 plots. And that was almost 15 years ago.

By now they probably have blueprints.
>>
>>1012323
>>1012332
Never really heard of this before but im getting the feeling it is something big i should probably dig into
>>
>>1012300
if this is something you are asking 4chan for knowledge for you probably should not attempt it
>>
>>1012307
>I used to be a mapper.
Don't you mean 'cartographer'?
>>
>>1012300
Southeast ks here has one of if not the worlds largest greenhouse.

Rock quarries abound so bunker is good.

Gas wells for deisle electric.

Water table is 20 feet most places.

Come on over faggot
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.