[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Geocaching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Geocaching.png (29KB, 1546x594px) Image search: [Google]
Geocaching.png
29KB, 1546x594px
Hey sc/out/s, what are your thoughts on Geocaching?

I just tried it for the first time today and it was really fun.

What's the weirdest thing you've found inside a cache?

Any interesting stories/experiences/anecdotes?
>>
>>1010158
I wish it was a thing in Europe
>>
>>1010167
Hmmm it's not a thing where you're located?

I'm in northeastern illinois, close to Lake Michigan. When I downloaded the c:geo app on android today, I opened it and there are literally over 150 caches within a 10 mile radius of where I live. Pretty insane.
>>
File: harborh8.jpg (632KB, 786x1024px) Image search: [Google]
harborh8.jpg
632KB, 786x1024px
>>1010158
I was wandering around the woods in North PA and I came across a metal "Bullet-box", I was going to take it and use it for various purposes until I opened it up and saw people put like toy dinosaurs and various knick-nacks in it. I mean it looks fun for people who are interested in it, but personally i don't believe it would be fun.
>>
>>1010172
Fair enough, to each his own.
It is a very nice way for people who don't get /out/ often to segue into the lifestyle... Or so I think.

Some of the geocaches out there are very intricately designed, well hidden, and appear to be challenging to find.
>>
>>1010168
Living in France, there was totally nothing around the mediterranean coast
>>
A board that does not practice its memes is doomed to lose them
>>
>>1010158
They are quite the nice waste receptacle that can be found all around. Nice to take a steaming shit in the woods into a nice container. All you need is a GPS.
>>
>>1010172
its pretty fun when you live in an area that has high land use restrictions. I would rather go day hiking or camping but its something fun to do in smaller parks and patches of woods not really good for anything else.
>>
>>1010158
/out/ doesnt like geocaching because considers the caches trash
>>
>>1010158

/out/ poops in geocaches
>>
>>1010158
My parents have around 2500 caches found.

>>1010167
Yes there is, there's fucking thousands and it's world wide. Go to their site and take a look, you don't need to be a member to find out where they are located.

I ran a treasure hunt in my local national park giving away £50 each month to the winner, I tried to get Geocaching.com to sponer or at least let me put there name on it and advertise on their facebook pages, but even the local membership geacaching pages refused to let me put an add up. They are cunts, but would you believe it, the first person to win the first one was a geocacher so word spread pretty fast.
I only ran it for 6 months.

Fuck geocaching, give me a good fucking treasure hunt with real clues to solve.
>>
>>1010158
I never take anything from geocaches but i normally leave something aromatic ;^)
>>
shat geocache bodyslammer master race reporting in!
>>
Glad to see that /out/ists literally shit into things people use to have fun. Why do I bother with 4chan anymore?
>>
>>1010759
[spoiler] Get meme'd on [/spoiler]
>>
Literally came to this thread to let you guys know I shit into one of the ammo box geocache's
>>
>>1011174

just once I wish someone would back up these claims with photographic evidence. it would warm my heart to know that there were men out there doing God's work.
>>
But for real, what's your problem with geocaching? It makes people go outside and explore, is this bad?
>>
File: 1422034653667.jpg (325KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1422034653667.jpg
325KB, 1920x1080px
>>1011254
I don't have a problem with it.
They are a bunch of cunts though.
>>
>>1011254
Leave no trace
>>
>>1011475
Thats why it is in a camouflaged small container. It's not some trashbag hanging from a tree.
>>
>>1012035
What part of leave NO trace don't you understand?
>>
I gotta try geoshitting
>>
>>1012070
There is no trace, it's invisible if you dont know what to search and where. Doesn't ruin the scenery at all. Hell, it can be very hard to find if you know the cache is there somewhere.
It has literally no downsides, but makes you visit cool places, which maybe you'd skip otherwise because you don't know about them.
>>
>>1010682
I categorically agree with this post.
>>
>>1010709
I categorically support this practice.
>>
>>1011475
I categorically deny making this post. I do, however, categorically endorse the position.
>>
>>1012079
This
>>
>>1010626
You're evil.

I like you.
>>
I found one and took it and everything in it
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.