[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get a yacht.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Life sucks and is boring as fuck. I want a yacht so I can explore the world and cross oceans and shit. After a couple weeks of research I believe I narrowed down the boat I want to a Nordhavn N52. But it's like $1.3 million. How the fuck does anyone afford this? Any anon out there with experience in the yachting world that can help me out?
>>
fuck you op
go back to wherever you came from
>>
Nice shitpost.
>>
>>1009610
Get a sailboat. You can get one fitted for a comfy global circumnavigation under $60k. Or you can get one for coastal cruising that's like $15-20k.
>>
>>1009610
Get old boat for free, live on old boat at anchor in San Francisco while seeking funding for your app. Get that sweet San Fran tech industry money buy yacht it's simple op.
>>
Get a sailboat and park it in transient.
>>
File: f.jpg (98KB, 640x450px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
98KB, 640x450px
https://youtu.be/kbG-2SoCrUs
>>
>>1009610
I'm also interested in this but I don't know if it fits on this board.
Anyone know a better board for it?
>>
>>1009610
Boats are expensive for the same reason that replica/custom firearms are expensive.
Next to no one wants one, and you have to get all your revenue from at most a few dozen people.

Build your own boat. The vast majority of the cost doesn't even include material cost. The hardest part would be sourcing an engine.

To explain it better let's go with the firearm analog.
No matter the design, if it's man portable, then the materials cost should be under $1000.
If you want something relatively mundane like a johnson rifle with a titanium reciever that used a fal recoil spring and rat tail, ar barrel and bolt, and was chambered in 5.45, then you would be looking at many dozens of thousands of dollars. But you can fairly "easily" do it all yourself for hundreds of times less money if you have the will.
>>
>>1012409
/n/
>>
>>1009610
>OP wants an expensive Boat

Miriam Webster's Definition:
Boat - A hole in the ocean to pour your money into, usually bottomless; see also: Money Pit
>>
>>1009610
>Nordhavn N52
>couple weeks research
>expensive tastes

all I hear is OP going wah wah wah I can't afford what I want wah wah.

Thats like me saying, oh I've been playing guitar a few weeks, I know like 5 chords, I want a 1950s Les Paul Goldtop why is life so unfair!!!!

Or like, I have yet to pass my driving test but I've been researching for a few weeks and I've narrowed down the car I want to a Audi R8. but blah blah

srsly dude.You don't need so lust after a million dollar trawler.

Want to play guitar? Buy one you can afford

Want to drive a car? Buy one you can afford

Want to sail a boat? Buy one you can afford
>>
>>1009610
Get an old fishing boat and learn to fix it up. Or, go steal that McDoanlds boat thats just sitting in the water and was used in a Blade movie.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.