[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ywn see or venture /out/ with your fellow scouts ever again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: .camtemp.jpg (235KB, 1600x1190px) Image search: [Google]
.camtemp.jpg
235KB, 1600x1190px
>ywn see or venture /out/ with your fellow scouts ever again
>>
I aged out of my troop a year and a half ago. Still miss the fuckers since starting college.
>>
>>1007493
Buncha pussy ass fat kids with inhalers that go to stupid ass camps with tons of rules because their parents know how shitty their kids are because they probably have shit for all time to parent them and teach them real /out/ stuff on their own

Anybody with any social competancy and strength as a child just played in the damn woods with the neighbor kids and went on adventures with them, they didnt have to outsource an /out/ experience that has so many rules its seemingly simulated

For gods sake, you guys have to get cards that say you can light fires and use knives AND GOD FORBID YOU WANT TO WALK ALONE IN THE WOODS, NOPE, BUDDY SYSTEM, CUPCAKE

P.s. they'll just molest you anyways

Don't send your kids to this convention of darwin's failures
>>
File: doggodogs.jpg (76KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
doggodogs.jpg
76KB, 540x540px
>>1007505
Anon, we're you too ugly for the scout master to molest? If not, why so angry?
>>
>>1007493
Scouts was not that fun for me, the best memories were pissing around and playing tackle manhunt across a large forest at night. Most of Scouts were boring forest group tasks lead by a bunch of fat middle aged men. Personally, I prefered just going camping with a group of mates, having a fire and a few beers. Good times man
>>
>>1007505
Why are you attributing so much blame to children?
It's not the wheezy fatass' fault his parents had him when they were in their 40s and stuffed him with HFCS even while he was in the womb. Then refused to let him play outside because pedos.
>>
>>1007552
>Go caving a few weeks ago
>Boy scout troop at another cave nearby
>They're all wearing bicycle helmets

Jesus Christ
>>
>>1007505
>you guys have to get cards that say you can light fires and use knives AND GOD FORBID YOU WANT TO WALK ALONE IN THE WOODS, NOPE, BUDDY SYSTEM, CUPCAKE

Is that really a thing?
>>
>>1007559
He wasn't blaming the shitty ass kids tho he was just pointing out that fact that they are pathetic due to their circumstances but that scouts is in fact not the answer unless the question is how to pretend to be a caring parent while ensuring your kid gets molested and turned gay.
>>
>>1007493
it doenst have to be like that at all. ive gone /out/ a few times with guys i was in scouts with.

two of my buddies from scouts go ice climbing together all the time.
>>
>Boyscouts actually think they know how to /out/

Kek
>>
>>1007639
This

If you dont grow out of it by age 11 youre just socially stunted
>>
>>1007505
You should seek a therapist. With such a twisted worldview it'd be a wonder if you had any friends or family that wants anything to do with you.

>>1007627
He's a bitter autist exaggerating. There are cards for being trained in various petty things, but no one gives a shit.
>>
>>1007656
>exaggerating
>bitter

Lol
>>
>>1007657
It's okay anon,but you should refrain from projecting your absurd and rather revolting fantasies onto the populace of /out/
>>
>>1007659
Lol literally every boy scout troop on planet earth is disproportionately obese and physically and mentally ill aka asthma and ADD and autism

A much higher amount than the general population

You live in denial

Trust me im not the butthurt one, you are
>>
>>1007660
Please, I have zero interest in arguing with someone who is no doubt a psychiatric nightmare about who is or isn't butthurt. You should try going out rather than shitting on people's experiences, not to mention fabricating falsehoods to tease your sexual fantasies.
>>
>>1007639

the best way to learn how to /out/ is experience and guidance.

scouts is a group that took you /out/ at least twice a month over the course of multiple years (not including helping others with their eagle scout project) and gave guidance.

if you didnt learn /out/ skills during scouts thats your own damn fault.
>>
>>1007505
I mean, not that the Boy Scouts isn't pretty shit, but it sure as hell ain't some safe space for dumb dumbs. In my council Summer Camp was like Lord of the fucking Flies. We set fire to the staff pavilion, were chased multiple times by a pack of wild dogs, jumped a staff golf-cart into the bluehole, ect.. Once a group of us duct-taped this one really annoying kid to his cot and left him out in the woods for like a day and a half before anyone found him. I remember a lot of incidents with fire, a couple of near death experiences (like when the sociopath kid dropped a 20lb. steel valve on my head when I was at the bottom of the pool,) some really heated fistfights, some incidents of animal mutilation, and a lot of drug use (at least among the older boys and staff members.) All in all it was character-building as fuck—just not in the way the adults intended.

Also, the pedophilia in scouting is over-exaggerated; the real danger is the twisted homolust of your fellow scouts.
>>
>>1007675
>Twisted homolust of fellow scouts

Kek this
>>
File: 2017-05-04 13.26.07.png (201KB, 1030x1350px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-04 13.26.07.png
201KB, 1030x1350px
>>1007664
Heres some statistics little buddy

>psychotic

I can't expect a boy scout to make a logical argument
>>
>>1007675
Underage drug use and misbehavior go hand in hand with mental and physical impairments.

And yes you're right. The scouts are gayer than the leaders. How does that make anything any better?

Simply put you're all unfortunate for not having groups of real friends to play with growing up, as you would have gained all of the skills taught naturally.
>>
>>1007708
You might not have picked up on this but I'm agreeing with you. Boy scouts are the worst at camping, and also at most basic life skills, but they're sort of anthropologically amusing. I enjoyed my time among them for the same reason I enjoy lurking 4chan or lifting up rocks to examine what squirms underneath—your opinion as to whether that makes me a freak and an outcast myself doesn't interest me, but learning to laugh at idiots sure has made me happier.
>>
>>1007808
I don't have a problem with that at all. I will contend that you may be so entertained by it because you're similar to them, though :P

Still, not an issue. Awareness is what's important.
>>
>>1007493
I didn't ask for these feels, fuck you OP!
>>
>>1007651
>Says the guy still posting on a Filipino Cartography Board
>>
>>1007841
At least I can't be molested on the internet
>>
>>1007639
If they had a good troop they do. That said good troops are sadly dwindling in number these days.

>>1007668
>if you didnt learn /out/ skills during scouts thats your own damn fault.
I wouldn't place the blame on solely on scouts for not getting anything out of the program. Shitty leadership is also a common factor.

>>1007703
Those aren't BSA statistic, those are the statistics for the whole country as measured by the CDC. The document its from is literally just a hundred pages of copy pasted data on population trends that someone at National thinks are relevant to recruitment/fundraising.
>>
>>1007937
There's around 100,000 boy scouts with diagnosed disabilities.

Take a wild guess at how many people are undiagnosed.

Nearly 80%.

Theres 2.4 million scouts.

What do we have? 33% of boy scouts have actual disabilities which is roughly double the general population.

They aren't shining stars, bud.
>>
>>1007945
source?
>>
>>1007966
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/10/19/report-more-than-half-of-mentally-ill-u-s-adults-get-no-treatment/

The 80% statistic is derived from the link in the article here. 80% of people with mental illness recieve no treatment. Obviously, this could be higher due to the nature of people not knowing they're crazy.

The other sources are easily found via BSA statistical PDFs

Would be logical to multiply any amount of known crazy people by 10 in any given population, however I was being liberal with the data.
>>
File: IMG_2613.jpg (135KB, 680x932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2613.jpg
135KB, 680x932px
>>1007493
>had close group of /out/ friends in middle/high school
>some of us in the scouts some aren't
>graduate all go separate ways
>in military
>most in command don't go /out/ unless we have to for training, project, etc
>barely anyone interested in doing weekend overnight hikes
It kinda sucks but I've learned to enjoy solo backpacking, I've been thinking of getting involved in some outdoor clubs in the area but I'm stuck in SoCal and most civvies around here seem terrible. Some of my old buddies are thinking about doing a reunion camping trip this summer atleast
>>
>>1007945
>>1007989
You don't know how percentages work, or you explained yourself poorly. If 100,000 is 20% of the total, then 500,000 is the total with disabilities.
>>
>>1007998
Incorrect.

100,000 is diagnosed

The amount undiagnosed is between 8 and 10 times that amount.

Techniclly between 900,000 and 1,100,000
>>
>>1007993
> I'm stuck in SoCal and most civvies around here seem terrible.
Issue with SoCal is less the people here and more the sheer number of people here. The larger population means that there are a bunch of restrictions in all the local NFs compared to elsewhere.
>>
>>1007668
>scouts is a group that took you /out/ at least twice a month over the course of multiple years (not including helping others with their eagle scout project) and gave guidance.

I was in the Boy Scouts for 4 years and we never went on a single hike or campout, not once. All we did was go to our den and listen to some bullshit lesson the troop leader read out of the scout handbook, and occasionally we'd make pinewood derby cars.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.