[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats bigwater kayaking like? My buddies and i want to kayak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1641077_full-lnd.jpg (75KB, 652x366px) Image search: [Google]
1641077_full-lnd.jpg
75KB, 652x366px
Whats bigwater kayaking like? My buddies and i want to kayak the Volga river once we get out of college. How should we prepare? The volga is one of the slowest rivers so i should be fine right?
>>
I don't know anything about that in particular but it sounds very fun. What type (size, shape, propulsion) of kayak do you want to use? Are you going to camp at night or drag your yak to a hotel? The only advice I have is bring fishing gear because I would go mad being on a river for many days and not being able to fish.
>>
Yeah you'll be fine but always stay hydrated and fed and if theres big boats on the water like barges you'll want to get on shore because they'll ruin your day m8

>canoe'd the entire mississippi river
>>
>>1006742

How long did it take?
>>
>>1006602
>Volga
Try and find out everything about local rules on the water. Rights of way etc. A river like this is more than likely to have a number of working boats on it, so you will want to know what to do in various encounters. Also double check that you don't need to inform an authority about passing through certain sections of river.
>>
Weather reports are critical. Waves and wind and cold will kill you like whitewater, but it will be slower and less epic.
>>
>>1006742
Did you pedal fast when you passed New Orleans?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.