[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

beer while /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: images.jpg (42KB, 678x452px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
42KB, 678x452px
So i am going on a 2 day hike but i want to bring along some beers. how do i stop them from become fizzy and then recool them. If you have any tips on beers in your /out/ adventures let me know
>>
>>1006257
>stop them from become fizzy
let them sit for a minute out of your pack before opening them
>recool them
camp near snow or a cold lake. pretty much the only options. better bet is bring a beer enjoyable warm.

i also recommend 16 oz cans and 7.0+ abv.
>>
File: ten fidy.jpg (107KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ten fidy.jpg
107KB, 400x400px
>>1006257

Ten Fidy
>>
>>1006257
i stopped brining beer on hikes (the weight/reward ratio was off) but a few things i have learned-- dont buy the beer cold- buy warm beer. someone else can probably explain it but beer gets funky when its cold then warms then gets cold again. for me just putting them in a cooler and leaving some rope on the shore to pull them up worked pretty well for cooling them. but honestly sipping whiskey (which i don't even really like that much not camping) tastes amazing when /out/ and you get a lot more bang for your buck.
>>
>>1006257
>coopers
>hike
>not bushwalk

fuck off
>>
File: beer_01.jpg (135KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
beer_01.jpg
135KB, 800x1067px
>>1006257
OP buy Cooper's Sparkling it's more alcohol for your dollarydoo. Also, just drink it warm and deal. Cold beer is overrated.
>>
>>1006257
>If you have any tips
Yes, bring booze instead of beer.
>>
>>1006270
Came here to post exactly this.

Expensive, but we'll worth it. One of my all time favorite beers.

As the name implies, 10.5% abv, so it's really like 2 beers worth of alcohol. It's my go to backpacking beer.
>>
File: Ten-FIDY.jpg (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ten-FIDY.jpg
35KB, 300x300px
>>1006308
Also, Russian imperial stouts like this don't need to be ice cold. Serving them at like 50 degrees is cold enough. A few minutes in a cold stream would bring the cans down to temp just fine. As long as you let the cans sit for 5 min after hiking, they wont fizz out.
>>
Can recool by putting them in a cool stream. or just get beers that is suited to be drank at the temperature for your local weather which wont be an issue unless youre a faggot that only drinks piss chilled to 1C/34F.

Being overly agitated/fizzy won't be an issue if you give them enough sitting time that the CO2 is properly absorbed back into the solution before popping the tops.

A nice refreshing beer is amazing on a hike or camping trip but heavy stuff, whisky weighs a lot less and a hip flask can keep you buzzed all evening.
>>
>>1006316
Truth. This anon beat me to what i was going to post.
>>
>>1006257
Bourbon
Smooth and sweet
No need to be chilled
Enjoy it neat
>>
File: busch_30-500x500.jpg (181KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
busch_30-500x500.jpg
181KB, 500x500px
>>
>>1006257
Wrap them in wet sheets of newspaper and park them in the sun. Condensation will chill them quite a lot.. And newspaper is always handy for drying boots, lighting fires and a butload of other things
>>
When ever I go backpacking I always bring tons of vodka or whiskey. Someone brought candy last time and we boiled it which liquified it and made this strawberry water tasting chaser. Not that anybody needed it but after 2 days hiking a flavored drink was fun.
>>
>>1006257
I think streams and snow make the most sense but if you wanna be wasteful and carry a can of compressed air, you can have cold beer in less than a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EukG92Evw3Q

I hear it tastes like shit, but the lightest option would be powdered alcohol. Here's how to make it cuz the FDA are a bunch of yellow bellied lily livered sissies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xr_6n1MIXc
>>
>>1006274
Seconding liquor or wine. Bourbon can get a pretty great bang/buck, even for things as cheap as Evan Williams or Old Overholt
>>
>>1006257
If you live in a place where creeks tend to be cold, sit your booze in the creek.

Get over the fizziness. It gets you drunker, so swallow all the fizz as it comes up.

P.s. just bring hard liqour

t. Alcoholic
>>
>>1006257

I just bring along a couple of the first aid ice packs...the ones you crush and they get cold as fuck.
>>
How about not bringing alcohol with you on the trip? Fucks like you are the ones who get drunk, hurt themselves and end up needing to be rescued by SAR teams. Wasting that way useful resources that would be better employed in other situations, maybe actual accidents.
>>
>>1008837
>implying SAR teams are even busy enough to get paid for it

Its basically a hobby
>>
>>1008837
This
Or bring Benzodiazepines that weigh almost nothing, and mimic some of the effects of alcohol, especially when combined with cannabis
>>
>>1008837

Talk about being a party pooper.
>>
>>1006377
>evaporative cooler
Nice!
>>
>>1008846
>implying benzos arent best mixed with alcohol

Its like you dont even abuse substances
>>
>>1008868
Sure, benzos are great mixed with ethanol, but I'm trying to pack light
>>
>>1008837
>a couple of beers
>drunk
are you 5 years old
>>
>>1008904
Then why are you talking about beer
>>
i find beer like guiness works well because the way the fizz works in the canned guiness
>>
>>1008837
fun police has arrived
>>
>>1009025
I wasn't
>>
File: 1492964548735.jpg (168KB, 860x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1492964548735.jpg
168KB, 860x2048px
>>1006257
1: Make an evaporation cooler using wet towels/cloth. Just wrapping the bottle in a wet rag will help cool it.

2: On clear sky nights you can make a chiller using a Mylar emergency blanket, clear plastic, and some sticks. You spread the Mylar blanket out on the ground then tie up the corners to sticks like you are making a hammock. Place the item you want chilled in the center. It should look like a funnel then. Place the clear plastic over they item like a window. Do this under open cloudless sky, without trees above. The clear view of space will actually pull the heat out of the item while the Mylar blanket will block ambient heat from the ground and surrounding things. The clear plastic will slow this down, but prevent warm air from having an effect. You can actually make ice doing this, but it will depend on weather and starting temperatures. It is called a "radiant refrigerator". I did it every clear night to make ice using my solar box cooker.
>>
>>1009407
>clear plastic

Wait, I remember removing the glass out of the cooker. Don't use the plastic. It's been way too long since I did this stuff.
>>
>>1008837
SAR should just go away if they aren't willing to do their job. You aren't wanted anyway and never saved anyone
>>
>>1006257

>not drinking straight Kentucky bourbon

a bottle of pic related will last me 3 days on an /out/ing and the best part, it tastes great at room temperature
>>
yea, if you're not gonna whiskey/bourbon, and you want to carry all those beers, might as well carry some 12gram CO2 cartridges, or a can of compressed air from your local nerd store
>>
>>1008821
Old Overholt shouldn't even be as cheap as it is, not that I'm complaining, but it's the smoothest Rye anywhere near its pricepoint.
>>
>>1008823
I got free beers and a drybag when someone didn't secure it well and it came floating down the creek I was crossing. I got free beer on that trip the day before when I came across a car wreck and found a whole 30 case in a snowdrift
>>
>>1009561
you make it sound like it's almost worth living around a bunch of racist northerners
>>
>>1009561
Good for you

Other people are less stupid
>>
>>1009566
nice dubs
>>
>>1009559
For real. I used to hate rye but tried some OO to give it another shot and it was magical.
>>
Man, does nobody here even Scotch? Absolute top tier /out/ drink. Why sit around a fire when you can drink one? I love me some bourbon too and here in the states you can get great bourbon hella cheap. I like Johnnie walker black, it's decent but not so good that you can't drag it around the woods. Also give Eagle Rare 10 or Bulleit a shot as far as tasty bourbon in the 30 dollar region goes. Can this maybe be an /out/ whiskey thread now? Or camp booze general?
>>
>>1010884
Only tried monkey shoulder and it tasted a bit like tequila, not in a bad way. I stick with bourbon because you just can't beat the bang/buck.
Cheap tier: Evan Williams white or black, old grandad
Fancier tier: Buffalo trace.
pic related, whipped this up for a halloween party and /out/ings
>>
File: flask.jpg (36KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
flask.jpg
36KB, 540x720px
>>1010996
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.