[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fear of overnight camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 16

File: DSCN0731_2.jpg (2MB, 2912x2021px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0731_2.jpg
2MB, 2912x2021px
Have any of you had any bad experience while camping overnight?

I've got a huge fear that some retard will bash my head while I'm asleep in my sleeping bag.
>>
File: pyle.jpg (31KB, 353x446px) Image search: [Google]
pyle.jpg
31KB, 353x446px
Your fear is actually reasonable, it happens all the time to homeless men. Sometimes people pour gasoline over the sleeping bag and set it on fire.

I wouldn't risk it.
>>
>>1005690
I once was in a snowstorm and was afraid the storm could tear down my tent and I'd die of exposure.
And once I almost burnt my tent in a cooking accident.
>>
File: appo3.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
appo3.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
There was a dutch couple camping in northern Sweden in the 80s who got murdered in their sleep by someone with two knives. They never found out who did it.
>>
On Saturday, June 4, 1960, four Finnish teenagers had decided to camp along the shore of an elegant lake near the city of Espoo's Oitaa Manor. The lake was known as Lake Bodom (Finnish: Bodominjärvi, Swedish: Bodom träsk). Maila Irmeli Björklund and Anja Tuulikki Mäki were fifteen-years-old at the time; accompanying them were their eighteen-year-old boyfriends, Seppo Antero Boisman and Nils Wilhelm Gustafsson.[2][3][4]
Sometime between 4:00 AM and 6:00 AM (EET) during the early morning hours of Sunday, June 5, 1960, Mäki, Björklund and Boisman were all stabbed and bludgeoned to death by an unknown person or persons. Gustafsson, the only survivor of the massacre, sustained a concussion, fractures to the jaw and facial bones and bruises to the face, but lived. In a state of shock after everything that had transpired that night, he stated that he had seen a vision of black and bright red eyes coming for them
>>
File: Bodom-1960-teltta.jpg (1MB, 1920x1278px) Image search: [Google]
Bodom-1960-teltta.jpg
1MB, 1920x1278px
>On Saturday, June 4, 1960, four Finnish teenagers had decided to camp along the shore of an elegant lake near the city of Espoo's Oitaa Manor. The lake was known as Lake Bodom Maila Irmeli Björklund and Anja Tuulikki Mäki were fifteen-years-old at the time; accompanying them were their eighteen-year-old boyfriends, Seppo Antero Boisman and Nils Wilhelm Gustafsson.

>Sometime between 4:00 AM and 6:00 AM during the early morning hours of Sunday, June 5, 1960, Mäki, Björklund and Boisman were all stabbed and bludgeoned to death by an unknown person or persons. Gustafsson, the only survivor of the massacre, sustained a concussion, fractures to the jaw and facial bones and bruises to the face, but lived. In a state of shock after everything that had transpired that night, he stated that he had seen a vision of black and bright red eyes coming for them

nothing to worry OP
>>
>>1005690
My biggest fear is a tree falling on me
>>
>>1005731

Ah shit, I personally don't have this fear but...

Some of the people from the countryside I previously lived in went night fishing and camping alongside the beautiful lake in the middle of the forest. It was incredibly hot day and then the weather suddenly shifted causing a major storm.

The storm was so strong there was a lot of falling trees and one of them fell directly on their tent.

One dude died, one had to sit in a wheelchair for a roughly a year.

Suddenly it's a camping horror thread, nice.
>>
My buddies got "attacked" by a bear when they were camping in a tent. They claim they didn't have food or anything in the tent.

A old guy I used to work with was camping one time and thought someone/thing was trying to get into his tent so he ran outside with his gun, only to find it was a skunk. It did not end well for either of them.
>>
>>1005690
i got murdered this one time when I was camping.
>>
>>1005711
I was in Sweden at the exact same time anon.

Make of that what you will
>>
>>1005690

Not really. I don't camp in normal camping spots, always go off the path and set up there. Noise made walking is enough to wake you up, plus my doggo is over protective, would bark at the noise too.

This is why I carry a gun, sleep with it while camping. Not afraid of running into a bear or a cougar, more concerned about the weirdos.
>>
File: ca087a9b49e49be62133562d83d2.jpg (35KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
ca087a9b49e49be62133562d83d2.jpg
35KB, 400x276px
>>1005782
>>>1005690 (OP)
>always go off the path and set up there
This.
>This is why I carry a gun, sleep with it while camping
This too. Also - buy tent in camo pattern, and if you wish, buy camo-net, it's ultra light, takes little space, and will make your campsitr invisible from 5 meters if set right. I use it, but I'm a geardo military faggot.
>>
File: c4jt321.png (310KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
c4jt321.png
310KB, 580x282px
>>1005731

>pitch tent at campsite
>next morning notice there's a huge fucking treetop log hanging in the branches directly above the tent 20 meters up
>>
>>1005790
Where can I get some I always see expensive shit.
>>
>The Monster of Florence, also known as Il Mostro or Il Mostro di Firenze, is an epithet commonly used for the perpetrator, or perpetrators, of 16 murders that took place between 1968 and 1985[1] in the province of Florence, Italy. The same gun and pattern were used in all the murders. Most of the victims were couples parked in lovers lanes. Four men were accused and convicted of the murders, but later opinion by media and investigators have cast doubt on any of the men's complicity and further characterized the police investigation as "shockingly deficient".
>>
>>1005845
Dunno, I buy on a polish auction site, where my store owners sell... I'll check if some sell abroad.
>>
>>1005764
Spooky!
>>
>>1005845
Ok, I found it, this fag ships abroad, it's a huge surplus store, I often buy there, just recently I bought a cool Czechoslovakian waterproof backpack for like 5 bucks.
Anyway - the net is 1.5m wide and as long as you wish (they cut it for you), you won't need more than 3meters - when packed, it's the size of a beer can.
Material is very thin, but strong enough. I bought another 12 meters for my garden to mask it from outside viewers, 2 years in, despite sun, rain, snow, it still holds.
http://www.allegro.pl/ShowItem2.php?item=6445200586
20pln per meter, that's 6 bucks.
>>
at night, sasquatch is a much bigger threat
>>
>>1005866
>sasquatch

thats some /x/ shit. I wouldnt worry about it OP
>>
Carry a gun

problem solved
>>
>>1005720
>15 y/o
>18 y/o bf's

I'd shoot those rapist motherfuckers in the dick and then burn them alive, pedo motherfuckers!
>>
File: how to out.png (50KB, 778x778px) Image search: [Google]
how to out.png
50KB, 778x778px
>>1005866
>>
>>1005903
Kill yourself, cuckold
>>
I set up a fake campsite about 75 feet away from where my real one is. I eat and make a fire at the fake site. I go into the tent and read until the sun goes down then I sneak into my real site and and sleep there for the night
>>
>>1005930

Note to self.
Expect all future camp sites are now decoys, real camp is near by.

Thanks, anon.
>>
>>1005690
I live somewhere safe and civilised so I have no fear in the /out/doors
>>
>>1005943

Thanks for the chuckle.
>>
>>1005690
I surround my campsite with bear traps and I sleep with a gun.

Also a flare gun, because wendigos are no laughing matter.
>>
>>1005894
>>1005914
laugh all you want but sasquatch are real. they are out there and they are mean. i only ask that you keep an open mind and stay safe.
>>
>>1005903
>18yo dating a 15yo
>pedo
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>1005764

then who was camp ?
>>
File: relax.jpg (59KB, 549x384px) Image search: [Google]
relax.jpg
59KB, 549x384px
>>1005690
OP do you have any idea how unlikely that is to happen? You're far more likely to be murdered in your home than while camping, I honestly wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>1005790
You able to CC in Poland? Wikipedia says no.
>>
>>1005963
How effective are old bear traps?
>>
i fear that one day when I'm sleeping tightly in my tent wrapped up in my sleeping bag somebody will cut open my tent and tighten my sleeping bag above my head so I'm trapped inside and then sling me over their shoulder santa claus style and through me into a ravine or into the lake or just travel with me forever. shiver me timbers
>>
>>1006207
Your point being?
>>
>>1006227
I got the notion you practice CC, wikipedia says you need a 'valid reason'. Is being afraid of bums while camping considered valid or are you covered under some other part of the law? As a Lithuanian i go camping 2-3 times a year next to the Polish border and i always cc (simple 'i want funs' is enough of a reason here). Just wondering how anons do it across the border.
>>
>>1005764
oh yeah me too I got murdered this one time before too. Bums doused me in gas and caved in my scull with a hammer. Small world.
>>
I have a group of 5 including me that I hike with. We take turns keeping watch, mostly for fun and pictures of the stars. One time a homeless guy came into our camp when he saw that I was awake. I poured him a cup of coffee and gave him a few clif bars. He seemed like an okay guy, but I wanted my buddies about him. Didn't see him after that.
>sorry, I don't like using greentext
>>
>>1006207
Wikipedia is a fag. You can. Black powder without any licence, handgun on sports or collectors licences are available to all law abiding citizens.
>>
>>1006234
>>>1006227
>I got the notion you practice CC, wikipedia says you need a 'valid reason'.
"Valid reason" permits are unobtainium - even cops don't get them. But there are 'sports' & 'collectors' licences, and you can CC them, Im a member of ROMB, pro-gun lobby, and we forced police to allow people to carry the gun in holster on CC basis.
>>
>>1006207

Don't camp in poland, problem solved.
>>
>>1005938
you wouldn't be able to find my hidden site. for a few times ive actually slept on a branch in a nearby tree until a squirrel jumped on me and I almost fell off the branch
>>
>>1006494

Don't underestimate a skinwalker. I know where you're gonna sleep before you do.
>>
Scout camp in tent with your best friends can get gnarly. Our behavior When we're back in the city vs at Scout camp is undeniably... weird. I've had more asses in my face, bugs in my sleeping bag, and titty twists than someone who does life in prison.

Kid you not, don't go to Scour camp and tent with someone who is closer to you than your own sibling.
>>
>>1005855 silence of the lambs
>>
>>1006529
how is that wi-fi for you innawoods skinbro?
>>
>>1006479
>>1006476
Interesting, always thought about sporting licenses being strictly for sporting and not overlapping with concealed carry ones that cover self defense.
Anyway judging from ROMB website you are in process of getting your castle doctrine law passed, congrats.
>>1006484
I camp on our side of the border, but Europe wide cc licenses (at least between the states that allow it) would be awesome.
>>
>>1006634

Pretty good, t mobile never let's me down.
>>
File: Krampus.jpg (123KB, 350x556px) Image search: [Google]
Krampus.jpg
123KB, 350x556px
>>1006211
>sling me over their shoulder s̶a̶n̶t̶a̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶u̶s̶ Krampus style
fify
>>
>>1006764
wait how did you strikethrough that text? everytime I've tried to strikethrough on the 'chan it doesn't work for me

t̶e̶s̶t̶ t̶e̶s̶t̶
>>
>>1005903
this has to be ironic shitposting
>>
>>1006494
>>1006529
>>1006634
>>1006700
I love you guys ahahaha
>>
>>1006194
i've been skinwalked once too often before not to worry about it sunshine
>>
>>1005690
A chipmunk would not leave my sleeping bag alone. All night the little bastard ran back and forth over it. Then it managed to get up into my pack that was tied up in a tree and chew a hole into it.
>>
>>1005690
>camping overnight
As opposed to what? Camping in the daytime and then going home?

Isn't that just called going for a walk?
>>
>>1007080

Skinwalker was just curious about you. You probably walked through his front yard, he was making sure you weren't going to break in and murder him and his skinwalker family.

Don't worry about it, you're fine.
>>
>>1005764
Did you died?
>>
File: 1449418668463.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1449418668463.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
Yes, I'm a scaredy cat. 99% I'm fine but every once in a while I'll randomly get spooked and it's game over I'll be sweating wide awake the rest of the night. This even happens at home sometimes.
>>
>>1007467
>This even happens at home sometimes.
:^(
>>
>>1007471
meh it only happened last when my gf was away and I watched some korean horror movie. I have a very vivid imagination.
>>
1.woken up to creepy hobo leaning over me and talking gibberish
2.woken up to 12 (fucking 12) police officers asking about my business. They thought I was a refugee and almost beat me but then they heard me speak.
3.ants
4.random tornado
5.attempted rape
6.attempted rape
7.attempted rape
8.woke up to an army drill
9.floodwater
>>
File: grizzly-eating-dandelion-1.jpg (778KB, 1200x946px) Image search: [Google]
grizzly-eating-dandelion-1.jpg
778KB, 1200x946px
>>1007088
I've never encountered a nocturnal chipmunk. Where were you?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (4KB, 200x130px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4KB, 200x130px
>>1007610
Maybe it was a squirrel
>>
>>1007594
>police officers asking about my business. They thought I was a refugee and almost beat me
makes no sense. what counry, what region, when, and where?
>>
>>1007594
Army drill?

Explain this one.
>>
File: 1200px-Marines_MARPAT.jpg (360KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Marines_MARPAT.jpg
360KB, 1200x800px
>>1007658
Probably a military unit out doing field exercises in whatever woods he camps in. We used to get sent out to do maneuvers and training innawoods all the time. Even more so when you sign up to be one of the more "elite" units and then have to go through SERE school.
>>
I sleep with earplugs when im camping. If imma die in my sleep atleast i wont hear it coming. Plus i only do this camping with other people.
>>
File: 100130-full.jpg (391KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
100130-full.jpg
391KB, 1024x683px
>>1008840
Yeah out in the dessert it pretty common to hear helicopters and all sorts of bombs and such. Sound travels like crazy. 29 palms is basically just on the other side of a highway as the barrier.

Its kinda weird, it's the lone single bangs that kinda freak you out, the 10 minutes of artillary is kinda ignorable. Long distance machine gun fire is makes my inner /k/ommando comfy. It's also fun digging up old cases dropped by helicopters and stuff. Got a big ol box of green blank 50 cal cases.
>>
>>1007653
>it makes no sense to beat a refugee

Sounds like you're not in Europe.
>>
>>1005690
I wouldn't worry about it, its probably nothing.
>>
>>1005690
Honestly. I still fear the darkness and deep oceans.

Not because of any physical or known thing (bears, hobos, rape gangs, etc). Those are fears that I know and can rationalise their low probabilities.

Rather, I fear the things that I don't know and what abnormalities have occurred in the past that can occur to me in the vast Canadian tundras. Skinwalkers and other shit. I know it's spoopy but like... still.
>>
>>1009378
I saw this article about these russian hermits who would just live in the woods. Make their own cabins and hunt and fish. I would be shit scared doing this anywhere. In Russia, in Siberia? Its even more remote than areas of Canada. I would be scared shitless of whatever lives there, relatively undisturbed by the growth of civilization.
>>
>>1006529
fuck off! if you or any other skin walker tries to get me I will mag dump so fast you will look like Swiss cheese
>>
>>1009467

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me, dont you know who the fuck I am? I'm the Skinwalker, bitch!

So unless you're packing rounds that been blessed by the Pope, Dalai Lama and Bill Cosby, you got nothing on me.
>>
>>1009486
my hollowpoints are filled with heroin and carfentanil if it can take down an elephant it will take you down!
>>
>>1009489

I'm magical, you need your rounds blessed by those three. Make sure you watch Cosby when he does it. Lately he's been drugging people instead of blessing their rounds.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.