[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

State Round Trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (492KB, 1351x723px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
492KB, 1351x723px
Hey /out/ I'm planing a trip to all 48 states and Alaska(pic related save Alaska). So I'm going to take my dog and my Bug Out bag filled with various goodies and I'm starting in Ohio btw. Tips? Or any recommendations? Also doing it on foot with a starting budget of 15,000.
>>
>>1004322
>tips?
If you see a nigger avoid him. Dont die OP good luck.
>>
>>1004333
Trust me when I see a non-white its not alright plus I'm going to have a machete, Kukri and various survival knives
>>
>>1004335

>survival knives

Hahaha see you on the trail gringo :^)
>>
>>1004322

Go around town asking people for money for your "fundraiser" walk across America.
>>
>>1004333
Why can't they teach that timeless advice in school? It makes me think the kids well being doesn't factor intothe lesson plan
>>
>>1004341
Haha that would be great but I'll just kill drug dealers for money
>>
>>1004335
>Kukri
Get a gun fool
>>
>>1004339
I think you're a Mexican which I have no problem with I just have a problem with anybody around the big cities. Small towns are great and just in general I think everyone wants to do good! See you on the trail friend!
>>
good luck brother
be safe traveling through backwards towns
i got shaken down in middle of nowhere missouri because i had out of state plates
>>
>>1004345
I was going to do that but with all these liberal states gun laws are different. So, I'll just slit someone's throat with my karambit or butterfly knife or pummel them into submission with my baton. I also have a 230,000,000 volt taser so I'll just taze them in the neck
>>
>>1004347
Thanks dude! Also being the dumb white person I am I'm going to try to visit supernatural places like the fog people of Maine.
>>
>>1004351
Butterfly knives and karambits are illegal to conceal carry in iowa fyi
>>
>>1004358
Yeah I figured that before I enter state bounds I have a list of states unfriendly to certain knives thanks dude !
>>
>>1004322
Dont take the dog, he will slow you down and make the trip more difficult.
>>
>>1004371
Good point he's an old dog so I figured I'll let him see the sights.
>>
>california, no highway 1, sierras
why even bother
>>
>>1004407
Well I won't follow the map like religious writ
>>
Well guys this is op I'll have to postpone til next summer some family stuff came up. Unrelated note when I do go on this journey anyone want to accompany me? You'll have to bring your own gear obviously
>>
>>1004322
Little advice from someone that's lived/been to these places.

>Vicksburg is a shithole, but Matches, which lies 30 mins south, is a really beautiful, quaint historic town (and their tamales are GOAT
>spend at least 3 days in New Orleans and don't waste all of your time getting blasted in the French Quarter
>Little Rock is a disgusting place, Fayetteville is much nicer and prettier
>Austin>>San Antonio
>southeastern New Mexico is hell on earth - try to stop in Albuqurque
>DC area is boring and expensive as fuck, limit your time there as much as possible

Otherwise it's a pretty good map, you should have a great time OP.
>>
>>1004322
>south idaho
Just skip that whole area. Nothing but meth and wasteland
>>
>>1004811
Thanks dude I'll put this down in my notes
>>
File: big doug fir.jpg (89KB, 440x700px) Image search: [Google]
big doug fir.jpg
89KB, 440x700px
>>1004717
How old are you?
>>
>>1004825
18 but my mom went thru another mental breakdown and had to have surgery
>>
>Not going to the Puget Sound at all
>Barely doing Appalachia
>Not driving through the Rockies

I guess if this is some kind of Instagram trip to tick the check boxes of 48 states then you did it.
>>
>>1004860
I live in Ohio I've had enough of the Appalachian Mountains plus this is a rough map I found on the Internet the real maps much different this is like a placeholder of sorts
>>
>>1004835
>>1004839
You're not prepared, don't take your dog, start with a shorter trip. Planning it on a map makes it look much more manageable but once you're five days in and bleeding through your shoes and you can't get any relief until you hit the next town (Which is another 3 days walk) you wont understand. If you're just a kid that wants adventures what you're proposing is way out of reach, to the point of sucidal stupidity. Go camping for a week and think it over.
>>
>>1004322
your Florida round is all kinds of fucked you're not gonna see much with that line.
>>
>>1004938
Yea I was going to go to Daytona and Miami like I said I just used this map for refrence and not much else
>>
>>1004886
I get your concern and I have changed the original plan a lot. Most of this will be by bus and where buses don't go I will.
>>
Obtaining an annual National Park pass for $80 would be a great idea if you plan on stopping at a few National Parks. Considering entrance fees are $15 for people on foot or on group buses, buying a pass and going to 6 or more national parks would be worth it for you. This does not factor campsite fees.

Perhaps you'd be interested in going through Yosemite on the 120 and popping out on the East of the Sierras and going back on the 395/89 West to South Lake Tahoe. Or hiking the John Muir Trail. This is dependent on what time of year you are in this area. If you want to dip into L.A., Santa Catalina is a beautiful place to be for a week, though somewhat pricey (less riff raff). Try Two Harbors. Midwinter trips have surprised me with temps in the 70s and no crowd, April and October are on the cusp of the busy season, but not enough to turn me away, and the weather is still great.
>>
File: DSC_0297rsp.jpg (409KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0297rsp.jpg
409KB, 1440x960px
>>1004322
>traveling to the pacific northwest
>missing all of the mountains
fucking why
>>
>>1004322
Drop me an email when you pass through New Orleans, I'll show you around.

[email protected]
>>
>>1004322
why are you going to Detroit? there are much better places in MI
>>
>>1005392
Well actually Im going to Ann harbor
>>
Unless you're dead set on going to San Francisco, skip it and go down the east side of California on 395. You can then turn off for Vegas. You will not regret it.
>>
>>1005461
Yea I got this map from the internet I actually have a real map that's much different
>>
>>1004717
I would be interested OP, around your age as well. I think walking the entire US is a bit of a stretch, way harder then it seems.
But like this anon recommended >>1004886
A week long camping trip would be good. Pretty easy as well.
>>
Go through da UP, eh?
>>
You're missing the best parts of Utah. I did a road trip there recently and Highway 95 and 12 are the most beautiful roads I've driven on.
>>
damn that would be amazing, sadly i have a very bad english pronunciation and dont even live in the us
>>
/end thread
>>
>>1004322
when you go through montana, don't go across the hi-line. come down I-94 then across I-90 then up through Kallispell to Glacier. The route on the map is the least scenic part of Montana.
>>
>>1004322
Also when you go through hilsdale, utah and colorado city, arizona, be sure to make fun of the polygamists.
>>
>>1004322
Are you a guy? Do you look (relatively) intimidating? Not necessarily meat head huge, but substantial enough to give someone a reason not to waste energy trying to fuck with you. Read: are you a scrawny 5'10" manlet? If so, find some friends to go with you.

If you're a woman, make sure you've got a guy with you while you're doing it, especially if you're a qt.

Avoid big cities as best you can. I don't know if the dog is really the best idea. Don't worry about "survival" in the "le epic bushcraft" sense, worry about other people.
>>
>>1007325
THIS.

Down state is really just Northern Ohio, UP is actual Michigan. Get your ass up to Copper Harbor.

t. Yooper transplant.
>>
>>1004811
>recommending Fayettenam over Little Rock
>implying San Antonio is bad
>recommending stopping in Albuqurque
Are you trying to get OP killed? He's only 18
>>
>>1004322
I'm jealous OP. Can you post here from time to time and do AMAs and post pictures? Some well renowned /out/ists have done such things and they're always the best threads. I hope to do the same sort of thing one day.

How'd you end up in the position to do such a thing anyway? Like money and job wise?
>>
>>1005447
Ann Arbor is a whore.
>>
>>1008170
This, knew a 6'6 built Dutch guy who hitchhiked across the US. Was picked up once by someone running from the law. I wouldn't do it myself, I honestly don't know how no one pumped Chris McCandless full of cum and lead
>>
>>1008687
I inherited a lot of money
>>
>>1004322
are you trying to do it quick? the california central valley is ass; skip over yosemite and come down the 395 to las vegas. or if you really want to burn time, go down big sur
>>
>>1004322
>hitch hiking america
>not doing all of CA-1
>not even doing any of it
wtf is wrong with you
>>
>>1004322
Get on the highway 101 when you are in Oregon, i5 is some boring ass shit
>>
>>1008857
>>1008885

THIS
>>
>>1004322
Doing it by foot is going to take a while, do you have a plan or are you just going for it?
>>
>>1008974
I'm just done with society for a while like I've been over saturated. So I have like a thin outline of a plan
>>
All I can say is make sure you spend a lot of time in the Southwest and CA. When in UT check out Cedar Breaks.
>>
>>1008993
>AKA:I'm sick of mom and dad's rules man, I'm gonna like set out on my own with no plan.

I'm sure one of the resident rape van pilots will take you in for a price. Cash, ass or grass. Don't forget your lube sport.
>>
File: Untitled.png (201KB, 718x467px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
201KB, 718x467px
>>1004322
>Also doing it on foot
No, you aren't. Sage for completely being retarded and a waste of a good thread.
>>
>>1010632
Stop being a retarded high schooler and get real, even chriss mcandless had a car to start with
>>
>>1010690
Why did you reply to me?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.