[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hunting noob questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: CHadThunderstick.jpg (392KB, 812x522px) Image search: [Google]
CHadThunderstick.jpg
392KB, 812x522px
What kind of feels did you get after killing your first animal hunting? was it gross to butcher the body?
>>
I've never gone hunting for animals, but I did used to work in a slaughterhouse/ meat packing place until recently. My main job was to be quality control, but I did kill one of the older sheep we had (just to see how I would feel about killing).

I slit its throat with an incredibly sharp knife while it was stunned. The blood kinda flew into my face and down my hands. It was a very dissociative experience. Looking something in the eye and ending it. Then consoling it.

After everything was over I honestly felt very present. Like I appreciated my life more for some reason. I don't think I'd ever do it again, but it was an eye opening experience.

Later I told my gf about it and she was weirdly turned on. We both fucked and the sex was amazing. I have no idea why.

I swear I'm not a freak
>>
>>1003895

Never had an issue with it. Hunted since I was 12 (now 30) also put down several family pets. My biggest problem with hunting is having to haul the near back...The taking of the life, gutting and cutting it up, none if that bothers me at all.

Given I work at a hospital, just last week I walked into the morgue to get some paper work, the people there forgot to flip on the "Procedure in progress" light, so I ended up seeing a seven to ten yr old who was laying on the exam table, with her chest all split open for the autopsy. I felt more from that on so many levels, than I ever had from hunting.
>>
I didn't feel anything the first time due to the adrenaline rush.
If you are there to hunt, your mind is prepared for the job.

Unlike anon above who walked into a completely unexpected situation.

The only thing that felt weird after my first hunt is how warm the body was.
I'm used to meat being cold.
>>
>>1003895
>was it gross to butcher the body?
do you find steak gross? I generally salivate the whole time while butchering

I don't get why people ask questions like this.
>>
My first kill was not from hunting, but from butchering chicken at a farm. Felt weird chopping off the head but got kinda used to it.

As for hunting like anon said before there's a lot of adrenaline involved, I only once felt bad when I didn't hit the animal properly and it took the animal maybe 15-25 minutes to die.

Butchering is okay once get the hang of it, it's nice and warm but I just hate the feathers on chicken.
>>
>>1003895
I was 5yo. It was the early 1980s. It was a doe. I don't even really remember using the rifle. I remember my older brother gutting it and showing how to do this and not do that, that's about it. Every year since then I've bagged my yearly limit of deer which is 8 to 10 deer depending on the year's limits. Though, I own a farm now so I can hunt them out of season with a special permit for nuisance animals. I've only done that about 5 times when they were in my crops.

The odd thing is that I dislike hunting more and more as I get older. Not that I ever "liked" it. I just liked tasty healthy meat with lots of flavor and that is the best way to get it. After 300 deer and who knows how many small game & farm animals, the idea of butchering yet another animal is a bothersome chore. Though, I have perfected butchering a deer, on the ground in the field, so I can put the meat in a bag without even needing to gut it. No more gutting and dragging them home.

I still get an adrenaline rush, but I've never liked adrenaline rushes.
>>
>>1003902
I shot a porcupine yesterday yesterday, nobody fucked me afterward.
>>
how do i hunt?

do i really just get a gun and fill out the tag paperwork and go walk around the woods?
>>
>>1004023
Let's start with a hunters' safety course, champ.
>>
>>1004028
i was in the military, so i'm familiar with firearms safety. i've just never been hunting before.
>>
I shot my first animal (moose) as an adult. It was exciting and fun but also a sense of accomplishment because theyre not that easy to find and get close to. I was lucky as well. It's a big animal so it's a lot of work to take care of it and transport it back to civilization but I wasn't alone. Went back to the cabin and had a toast with the lada.
>>
>>1004039
>lada
Lads*
>>
>>1004035
most states require you to complete the safety course in order to obtain a hunting license. I did it online, took a bout four hours. Vast majority of it is common sense, but you're bound to learn something new
>>
>>1004046
And there will be someone there who can answer every one of your questions
>>
>>1004039
I went to Alaska once and drove up to Deadhorse. While I driving along the dalton I saw a moose along the dirt highway. He was fucking huge taller than my Tacoma. I was going about 35-40 and he was keeping up running next to me for about 20 seconds. I had my windows down and even on the dirt his hooves were so loud like a horses hooves. Would not want to fuck with one.

Anyways I've killed a lot of small game haven't killed anything big yet. My first kill was a squirrel at 10. I shot him and it just stunned him so I had to go up while he was squirming on the ground and do it execution style. It was pretty cool, I felt something for like 5 seconds but after that I wanted to do it again.
>>
I have only killed Rabbits before. (Pellet shot to the head)
I felt a little bad at first, but I got over it. They were going to be consumed.
I don't know if I could kill an animal with a knife, it's kinda intense.
Anyways, I will never kill an animal unless it's for consumption, or it's in pain. I have respect for them. And of course they're also living, and breathing creatures.
>>
>>1003895
I was 8 or 9 when I killed my first animal hunting. I felt pretty bad. I never felt bad about any of the others... I hunted up until I was about 18, which after that age you had to take a hunter saftey to hunt legally. I haven't killed since, I still shoot on a fairly regular basis but I have no desire to hunt purely for sport anymore...though I would have no problem doing it out of necessity. I don't think cleaning the game is gross, to me ripping out guts isn't really much different than working in the mud and cutting up the meat isn't any different than prepping meat in the kitchen...besides the fact that you don't have to worry about making a mess.
>>
>>1004085
>I was going about 35-40 and he was keeping up running next to me for about 20 seconds. I had my windows down and even on the dirt his hooves were so loud like a horses hooves.
sound like a cool experience, as long as the moose doesn't hit your windshield lol

yeah you shouldn't mess with them unnecessarily, getting kicked by a moose can be lethal.

I want to try some small game myself actually, I had a hare hunt planned but work got in the way. I'll try next season.
>>
>>1003895
>What kind of feels did you get after killing your first animal hunting?
Adrenaline rush and euphoria
The first couple times you approach it gingerly, wear gloves, wash your hands excessively, etc. After awhile you eat while you do it and think nothing of it
>>
>>1003895
>What kind of feels did you get after killing your first animal hunting?
Relief of hunger.
I don't think I'd call it gross, but the smell was gamier than I was prepared for.

>I'd been sitting in a friend's cabin for the last several weeks, he had said that he'd bring by a food drop for me, but he was late.
>He'd left me a .22 rifle and since I'd used the last of the canned meats in the first week, the squirrels were looking very appetizing.
>Sitting on the porch, rifle in hand, waiting for a tree rat to come close enough to warrant setting down my beer.
>Suddenly, a flash of silvery grey skitters up a ponderosa pine not more than thirty feet in front of the cabin.
>No doubt, this was the son-of-a-bitch that's been dropping those giant-ass pinecones on the roof of the cabin every night.
>I get up and circle around the side of the tree to bead in on the branch he's perched on twenty-some yards up.
>BANG! (I mean 'pop')
>Bastard just sits there for what seems like an eternity. I must have missed.
>Squirrel slowly leans over, falls off the branch and tumbles head over tail three times before it lands on the ground at my feet.
>I grab my knife, and with only the slightest hesitation to say a quick 'thank you', I slit the backskin and pull the fur off my dinner.
>.22-sized hole straight through the center of its little heart.
>My first squirrel and potatoes was a meal I'll never forget.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.